The Amazing Spider-Man OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 2

Previous rating was a 7/10. Gonna give it an 8/10 this time.

Raimi Films

Spider-Man - 7/10
Spider-Man 2 - 9/10
Spider-Man 3 - 6/10

Cool. 8/10 sounds fair. It took a few viewings for me to really decide.

TASM- 8.5/10
SM1 - 9/10
SM2 - 9.5/10
SM3 - 6/10

I used to give SM3 a 4/10, but over the years I got over the disappointment and finally gave it 6/10 as well.

^ Hah. I give TAS-M such a hard time which seems to "annoy" you and yet we both like the first two Spider-Mans more.

^ Hah. I give TAS-M such a hard time which seems to "annoy" you and yet we both like the first two Spider-Mans more.

I like the first two Spider-Man movies more than TASM, but that doesn't take away any love I have for it. Is 8.5/10 not a good rating?

Didn't say anything about the rating. Only said we both like the first two Spidey films more.

And hey, at least your rating for TAS-M is better than what I give it, so sure, it's a good rating for you.

Didn't say anything about the rating. Only said we both like the first two Spidey films more.

And hey, at least your rating for TAS-M is better than what I give it, so sure, it's a good rating for you.

Spider-Man 2 is the ultimate comic book movie for me so far, I love it. Spider-Man 1 also the best origin movie yet IMO.

Spider-Man 2 is probably my....sixth or seventh favorite CBM right now if I were to make a list and Spider-Man would definitely be my third favorite origin CBM, for sure.

Spider-Man 2 is probably my....sixth or seventh favorite CBM right now if I were to make a list
Not bad.

Spider-Man would definitely be my third favorite origin CBM, for sure.

Hmm, let's list some of the origin films out there. Here is how I'd rank them. This list isn't set in stone, but here is what I got:

1. Spider-Man
  2. Iron Man
  3. Batman Begins
  4. Superman
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger
  6. Daredevil
  7. Hulk
  8. Fantastic Four
  9. Blade
  10. Catwoman
  11. Ghost Rider
  12. The Punisher

IDK if I could really count X-Men, X-Men: First Class, Thor, or The Avengers. They are all origin films in some way, but don't get into how a character transformed into the hero and gained his/her powers. Depends on how you define "origin." The Avengers showed the origin of the team and how it formed, the X-Men showed how Wolverine joined the team, and First Class explains the origins of the X-Men to begin with.

1-3 is definitely why I'm listing Spider-Man as my third favorite origin CBM. Batman Begins, Iron Man, Spider-Man. While Iron Man is the overall better film, BB is still my favorite origin film especially after it started such a great trilogy while Iron Man 2 fell flat to its face, leaving IM as only a great film on its own merit and not really creating anything amazing for the sequel.

I think its really difficult for Iron Man to carry out his own movie. His origin is really cool and all, but I feel like he works better in a team (same with Cap and Thor), in this case the Avengers. I really hope that Iron Man 3 is much better than Iron Man 2.

Iron Man definitely carried out his own film with Iron Man though, lol. A great film and a decent origin and I truly believe Iron Man 2 could've been something special without being showcased as an Avengers trailer.

He carried out his own movie in "Iron Man" because it was an origin story. Once he becomes Iron Man, IMO, the movie starts to go a little downhill IMO.

He carried out his own movie in "Iron Man" because it was an origin story. Once he becomes Iron Man, IMO, the movie starts to go a little downhill IMO.

I thought the only part that struggled was act 3, where they actually had to have a villain. The build up to him taking out the terrorists was awesome, and the pay off was really cool.

I thought the only part that struggled was act 3, where they actually had to have a villain. The build up to him taking out the terrorists was awesome, and the pay off was really cool.
I agree 100%.

Indeed. The film didn't struggle at all until Stane becomes Iron Monger, imo. Although, I find Iron Man to definitely carry his own film. He's not some C-rated superhero anyways.

Indeed. The film didn't struggle at all until Stane becomes Iron Monger, imo. Although, I find Iron Man to definitely carry his own film. He's not some C-rated superhero anyways.

His rogues gallery is nothing compared to Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman, etc... I think he can carry his own movies only to an extent. Looking forward to IM3 though...

Why would you think he could carry Iron Man 3 then if you don't think he can carry his own film?

So you think the film would be fine because of the villain then with Mandarin being the most well known villain?

So you think the film would be fine because of the villain then with Mandarin being the most well known villain?

I think Mandarin is one of the reasons why the movie will be good. But I'm also looking at the premise of Tony Stark loosing everything, and being affected by the events of the Avengers.

TASM - 9/10
SM-1 - 7/10
SM-2 - 6/10
SM-3 - 5/10

I've actually re-watched all the films again.

I noticed you gave SM1 a higher rating than SM2. Interesting. May I ask why?

Genuinely thought it was a better paced film. The origin of SM-1 was interesting and so you got a very good focused film (which after that IMO, it started to go down hill a little). Because there wasn't that to deal with in SM-2, we get the whole film of Pete moping for MJ and it's so boring IMO. I honestly hate every scene with them two together.

Ock is a great villain. But I was a bit annoyed that they tried to make him sympathetic. It didn't work for me IMO. Basically, the scenes without Ock, Spidey and JJ are just dull and poor. But that's me.

I also liked SM1 better than SM2. I understand that at a technical level SM2 is one of the best in the genre, but it's just to slow for me. Granted I saw it when I was like 13, so that undoubtedly had a huge effect on my overall enjoyment of the film. I just remember thinking 'enough melodrama, where is Spider-man?'
Also I can't stand MJ's portrayal, so that definitely took it down a few notches with me.
Also SM1 was what made me fall in love with comic books and superheroes, so that film will always have a special place in my heart.

I also liked SM1 better than SM2. I understand that at a technical level SM2 is one of the best in the genre, but it's just to slow for me. Granted I saw it when I was like 13, so that undoubtedly had a huge effect on my overall enjoyment of the film. I just remember thinking 'enough melodrama, where is Spider-man?'
Also I can't stand MJ's portrayal, so that definitely took it down a few notches with me.
Also SM1 was what made me fall in love with comic books and superheroes, so that film will always have a special place in my heart.

Although I really prefer SM2, and consider it to be my #1 CBM of all time, I really know this feeling. Sentimentally, SM1 really means so much to me. Its dated, but whenever I watch it, it brings me back to 2002 and I feel like a kid again. The origin story was so well told, and it really got me into the Superhero genre period.

Thing is, when done right, the relationship stuff can be great in a film. But Raimi just didn't do a good job and I can't understand why Pete was so in love with her. I really can't.

SM-1 will always have that place in my heart for giving me spiderman on the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"