Official Shang-Chi Casting Thread!!!

Black Panther

Sidekick
Reaction score
OK now since the movie is in production i decided to start this thread!!:)
No one has been casted yet and it seems no one knows who can play the
Master of Kung Fu.

So let's start everyone!!!
Post who you think is the perfect Shang-Chi.

I'll go first!!
For me i think Tony Jaa is the perfect Shang-Chi i mean he just looks the part!!

Anyone Agree??

shangchi.jpg

Whose your pick?

Mark Dacascos..actually, I'd like him to play Jin or Kazuya in that Tekken flick they're talking about.

phot.jpg

terry78 said:
Mark Dacascos..actually, I'd like him to play Jin or Kazuya in that Tekken flick they're talking about.

Wasn't this guy the Crow in Stairway to Heaven? Speaking of which, if Brandon Lee were still alive, would he have been good for the part of Shang-Chi? I don't know Shang-Chi all that well.

Definitely Tony Jaa. I'd like to see Russell Wong in the film as a villian, as well.

so who would play Fu Manchu, Black Jack Tarr, or the Cat?

Hmm...
i don't know about Black Jack Tarr and The Cat.

But for Fu Manchu i would say Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

He looks like Fu Manchu.
icon14.gif

cary-hiroyuki_tagawa_1084473316.jpg
Cary1.jpg

fumanchu2.jpg

Anyone agree?
Who do you guys have in mind?

Darkness89 said:
Well Maybe Lee can pull it off i can see him.
icon14.gif

But i'm still sticking with Jaa!!
He's young and really looks like Shang.
The resemblance is uncanny.

I'm here is an enlarged pic:

He's definetly perfect for the part.
eek.gif
icon14.gif

But maybe someone else.
Only question is who?

it's giving me a red x. i've never seen this Jaa individual. what's he been in?

LoL he's been in a movie called Ong-Bak it's Martial Arts film and it's out on dvd.
That movie was awesome and all the stunts he did on his own.
I'm talking flips and everything.:eek:

Here's a link to him
http://imdb.com/name/nm1388074/

Its been announced he will star in a movie called Sword.

Now that Jet Li's retiring, and Jaa is getting all this hype, I think it's only a matter of time before he becomes big in America. And what better entry way then Shang-Chi? I don't know much about Shang-Chi, but Jaa's hyped-up skill might add a whole new element to it, then just getting someone who gets taught a few signature kung fu moves a couple weeks before production.
ong_bak_besson_4.jpg

Shang Chi speaks fluent English though...does Jaa?

It says here on Marvel Directory that he was raised in Hunan, China. Wouldn't that mean he would have a Chinese accent?

Alright, here's the Shang-Chi's history at Marvel Directory.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]History: Son of an international crime lord, Shang-Chi grew to young-adulthood at a secluded retreat in Hunan, China. By the time he turned 19, he had mastered multiple mental and martial arts. Only then did his father send him out into the world -- to assassinate an old enemy. The idealistic Shang set out to complete the task, naively believing his father to be a great humanitarian. Fully informed of his family's true nature as events unfolded, a shocked and disillusioned Shang vowed to topple the criminal empire he unwittingly had served.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ultimately, Shang helped bring about his father's apparent death. The elixir that had allowed the crime lord to retain his youth for decades was no longer sufficient. Rapidly aging, he required Shang's blood to restore his physical vitality. During the showdown that followed, an explosion set off by Shang's compatriots demolished the family's Hunan stronghold. Shang escaped, but it was assumed that his father had been killed in the blast.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wracked by guilt, Shang wandered for weeks. Contemplating his future and purpose, he eventually came to believe that he had atoned for his father's murder. Shang rejected the "games of deceit and death" in which he had participated, and retired to a passive existence as a fisherman in the Chinese province of Kwang Tung.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When rumors surfaced of his father's renewed activity, Shang resumed his life's mission. Disguising himself as member of the Triad, he infiltrated the Asian underworld to learn the crime lord's plans. His quest brought him into the company of the X-Men, a heroic band of outlaw mutant adventurers, and led to his employment with Heroes for Hire Inc., a firm of freelance superhuman operatives.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After establishing himself in Manhattan's Chinatown, Shang discovered that the hunted had become the hunter: His father now sought to eliminate his dishonorable heir. Dispatching the warlord's top assassin, Shang fell in with a loose-knit team of costumed crimefighters that included Daredevil, fearless blind adventurer; Black Widow, one-time international spy; Moon Knight, undead avenger of evil; and Dagger, child of light. Since orchestrating the bombing of the group's headquarters, Shang's father believes him dead. However, control in the game of death and deceit merely has changed hands: Shang-Chi survives, ready to counterattack the crime lord's schemes under the cloak of his own demise.[/font]

[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

To be honest with you. Minus the other superheroes, Shang-Chi's history seems like a no brainer for a really good movie. I'd be really hard-pressed to see them screw this one up. I just think it's all genius, and definitely shouldn't be meddled with, just left as is. Decent acting, some good dialogue, and amazing martial arts sequences (which I'm pretty sure won't be a problem if Jaa is selected) would make for a truely awesome action movie.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/font]
[/font]
[/font]
[/font]

Jaa is the man. I've said that before here in other threads. That Dacoscas guy or Jason Lee would be great for Namor but aren't both of them too old? The pics of them that look good are from years ago.

The Phantom said:
Now that Jet Li's retiring, and Jaa is getting all this hype, I think it's only a matter of time before he becomes big in America. And what better entry way then Shang-Chi? I don't know much about Shang-Chi, but Jaa's hyped-up skill might add a whole new element to it, then just getting someone who gets taught a few signature kung fu moves a couple weeks before production.
ong_bak_besson_4.jpg

If he´s a great fighter like Jet Li, he has my vote for Shang Chi´s Role.

:up::up::cool::cool:

Tony Jaa's physical skills are far superior to Jet Li's. I'm sorry I've seen Jet Li and he's great and all but many of his tricks require wires or some kind of F/X. Tony Jaa does moves that Jet Li probably couldn't do WITH wires. LOL He's that good.

I would say Donnie Yen but he's over 40 now which might be a little too old.

Win Yun Lee can speak fluent English, but doesn't he only know Tae Kwon Do?

KingOfDreams said:
I would say Donnie Yen but he's over 40 now which might be a little too old.
He would've been my choice as well. Loved the original comic, owned just about all of them as a kid.
Tagawa is perfect for Manchu!
I don't know blades shades, Jet's been doing martial arts since early childhood, he's up in age now but I think he would take Jaa.

To the person suggestiong the bad guy from Mortal Kombat to play the bad guy in this... Jesus Christ dude grow an imagination.

I really don't follow martial arts cinema at all so I'll leave it up to the more knowledgable people to offer suggestions.

As far as that guy from Elektra he's certainly got leading man good looks but he did really strike me as a bad actor. I'm not some prestige-coddling snob I just honestly was struck with that extra bit of badness in an already bad movie with him.

oh, and people need to learn how to post pics that aren't red x's.

The Phantom said:
Win Yun Lee can speak fluent English, but doesn't he only know Tae Kwon Do?
I'm not sure about that....but half of the martial arts stuff in movies these days are enhanced with wires, camera effects, and CGI....so just knowing some real moves from any discipline is a plus.

BT18 said:
oh, and people need to learn how to post pics that aren't red x's.
Those are much more preferrable than your avatar. :D :hyper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"