Official Shang-Chi Casting Thread!!!

Crawlspace said:
I don't know blades shades, Jet's been doing martial arts since early childhood, he's up in age now but I think he would take Jaa.
That would be an interesting fight. I'd pay money to watch a whole two hours of it on the big screen.

C. Lee said:
Those are much more preferrable than your avatar. :D :hyper:

Are you anti-dwarf or anti-****** or both ?

******ed dwarfs have just as much right to be appreciated for all their glory as superheroes do.

BT18 said:
To the person suggestiong the bad guy from Mortal Kombat to play the bad guy in this... Jesus Christ dude grow an imagination.

Damn kid, you seem a little bitter. It's not that serious, relax and take a few deep breaths before trashing everyones ideas. I suppose you wouldn't mind someone like Al Pacino playing Fu Manchu because he's such a great actor?
The idea is to bring the characters you've seen and read about in the books to life on the big screen like the Harry Potter films for example. Not only does Tagawa look the part, the man can really act, but if you only know of him from Mortal Kombat I guess you wouldn't know that.
Also, if you're not into martial arts films why bother commenting on this thread?

BT18 said:
Are you anti-dwarf or anti-****** or both ?

******ed dwarfs have just as much right to be appreciated for all their glory as superheroes do.
I'm "anti" the exploitation of people with mental handicaps who don't have the facilities to know that they are being ridiculed by othere who should be more compassionate.

that's it, I'm sure Beet's life would be much better without being on the Stern show.

Darkness89 said:
Hmm...
i don't know about Black Jack Tarr and The Cat.

But for Fu Manchu i would say Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

He looks like Fu Manchu.
icon14.gif

cary-hiroyuki_tagawa_1084473316.jpg
Cary1.jpg

fumanchu2.jpg

Anyone agree?
Who do you guys have in mind?

dead on man, good work

Shang-Chi would be an ideal vehicle for Jaa. Now all the film would need is a bangin' script and the right director to pull it off on screen...
>;-D

What about the guy from mortal kombat, no the old guy , the other one, he was also on Berverly Hills Ninja

that's a movie i can't wait to see
what's the name of that guy who use to fight Shi (he had a tatoo and was good as Shi on martial arts) Black something.. i used to love the fights betwen them

Tony Jaa most definitely. Has anyone heard anything about Iron Fist? Its kind of odd that there was this big push for Iron Fist about a year ago and now nothing but a big buzz for Shang Chi.

hmm... one stumblling block- the Sax Rohmer estate owns the Fu Manchu name-- Marvel would have to license it, unless they chose to give him another name. In Black Panther #11, he has now taken the name 'Mr. Han'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shang-Chi

Supporting Characters

The series, especially as written by Doug Moench was notable for its strong supporting characters. As they evolved these characters became nearly as integral to the series as Shang Chi himself:

Fu Manchu is protrayed in a manner mostly consistent with the Sax Rohmer novels. He is a brilliant and calculating master-villain who aspires to rule the world. As the series progresses the character deteriorates, gradually losing his nobler qualities. By the end of the series he is a pathetic figure, reduced to stealing his son's blood to preserve his immortality.

Sir Denis Nayland Smith is Fu Manchu's nemesis from the novels. In the comics he retains this role, his obsession with the villain often bringing out the dark side of his own character. In his better moments he becomes a sort of surrogate father to Shang Chi. Ultimately, he is too caught up in what Shang Chi calls 'games of deceit and death' and fails in this role. The relationship the two finally form is that of two flawed characters who feel strong friendship in spite of deep differences.

Fah Lo Suee is the daughter of Fu Manchu and is the final character from the novels to appear in the comic. She is a villainess in her own right, though she is not interested in the misguided idealism of Fu Manchu. She is a pragmatist, seeking the best way to power. As such, she shifts alliences often. Usually she is an enemy of Shang Chi and his friends but sometimes she is an ally. When last seen she had become a highly ranked official in MI-6.
Black Jack Tarr is Smith's aide-de-camp and is a powerful giant of a man with a gruff manner. Though he is initially an enemy of Shang Chi, the two become close friends over time. He exhibits the most bigoted traits of any character and invariably addresses Shang Chi as 'Chinaman' rather than using his name. It is one of the successes of the series that readers are drawn to feel for Tarr while the writing never turns a blind eye to his ugly attitudes.

Clive Reston is a British spy who resembles a younger and more vulnerable version of James Bond. Where Bond is a successful womanizer and seems unaffected by heavy drinking, Reston struggles with alcoholism and a romantic rivalry with Shang Chi. The resemblance to Bond is intentional. Reston's dialogue makes it clear that he is Bond's son, and the grand-nephew of Sherlock Holmes.

Leiko Wu is introduced as a femme fatale like those in the Bond films. She is a beautiful Chinese-British woman who is torn between her history with Reston and her growing attraction to Shang Chi. Though initially sarcastic and self-possessed to the point of arrogance (Leiko is actually a Japanese name meaning 'arrogant') her relationship with her new lover causes her to become more contemplative.

Rufus T. Hackstabber is a memorable character who appeared only twice in the series. The character strongly resembles Groucho Marx and his fast-paced nonsensical patter plays well off Shang Chi's laconic seriousness. Hackstabber's name is a play on Rufus T. Firefly, Groucho's character in Duck Soup.

Shen Kuei or "Cat" is a master thief whose skill in martial arts equals Shang Chi's. The meaning of the character's name is both similar and opposite to Shang Chi's name. he is a sort of mirror image, a 'good bad guy' in opposition to Shang Chi's 'bad good guy'. While they share mutual respect, the two always find themselves in opposition.

Rufus "Super Midnight" Carter is an African-American kickboxing champion and antiques dealer who secretly works for the CIA. He is a light-hearted character who helps to draw out Shang Chi's sense of whimsy in his several appearances. Carter's unusual nickname is accounted for by his origin. A colleague challenged Doug Moench to write a story using "Carter's Super Midnight" (the name of a brand of carbon paper) as a title

I don't wanna sound too mainstream, but how about Jet Li?

Jet also said recently that he's retiring from action flicks.

I say Tony Jaa. If he spoke some english he would be great. The stunts he does would give the movie a more realistic feel. So i say Jaa all the way.

Darkness89 said:
OK now since the movie is in production i decided to start this thread!!:)
No one has been casted yet and it seems no one knows who can play the
Master of Kung Fu.

So let's start everyone!!!
Post who you think is the perfect Shang-Chi.

I'll go first!!
For me i think Tony Jaa is the perfect Shang-Chi i mean he just looks the part!!

Anyone Agree??

shangchi.jpg

Whose your pick?

OK now I'm feeling ya on this on!:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"