Avenger
Reaction score
Let it begin :up:

Opening Day: $57m

Opening Weekend: $140m

Domestic: $391m

Foreign: $423m

Worldwide: $814m

I think Spidey 3 will be #1 in domestic top'07.

Shrek 3 has less potentian than Spidey and POTC3. Why?

It has no special release date and not so huge marketing strategy.

Besides, 2nd movie was released in summer'04 and it's hype is getting dead right now.

Yeah, of course Spidey 2 also was released in summer'04. But Sony started very huge promotion of 3rd movie in spring, while Dreamworks is waiting for December.

POTC3 has Memorial Day, but if POTC2 made more than $400m and became a bit overrated film by it's audience, the same won't happen with POTC3.

It will effect on 3rd film, but not with very positive side.

I think it will get to $340-350m domesticly.

Spidey 3 will open summer season and also will be 1st movie of May, what actually helped Spidey 1.

Also I see there Spidey 3 vs. Shrek 3 as another Spidey 1 vs. SWII.

So, I think it will be in TOP3 of the most grossing movies in the worldwide, but not #1 (Harry Potter and POTC are still much bigger sharks in overseas).

Anyway, Spidey 3 will also make the most hupe opening, because of it's hype (which doesn't know limits) and very huge fanbase (which is more huge than Shrek's or POTC's).

Spidey 3 looks like SWIII in box office for me.

2 weeks will be enough for it to get to $250m and stay as leader.

So what is your forecast? :)

No, Cine. Please not now. :(

i changed my mind again, heres how much i think it will make, and this time, im srious, $400-$450 million, that is my final, thats what i think it will be, i wish i could change my vote, but, $450 million is what i think it will make.

129 opening/ 385m domestic
It has to compete with will both Shrek 3 and POTC3 in May, so I think it will fall short of 400 million.

lordofthenerds said:
129/385m
It has to compete with will both Shrek 3 and POTC3 in May, so I think it will fall short of 400 million.
spidey3 will probably gross $400 million, the action people enjoy and the story, venom will put butts in those seats, its possible that spidey3 will make $400 million opening weekend, common sense, think about how much the first two grossed opening weekend, imagine how much spidey3 will gross opening weekend.

People, lets not forget about POTC3, which still has potential to break $350m.

Cinemaman said:
they said that potc2 beat spidey2s record, i think potc movies are stupid.

Cinemaman said:

Pirates 2 was stupid. The only people who went to see that movie were horny middle-aged women.

spidermanhero12 said:
spidey3 will probably gross $400 million, the action people enjoy and the story, venom will put butts in those seats, its possible that spidey3 will make $400 million opening weekend, common sense, think about how much the first two grossed opening weekend, imagine how much spidey3 will gross opening weekend.
You obviously don't know much about the box office. Common sense tells me that Spider-Man 3 won't make $200 million opening weekend. Spider-Man 1's opening weekend was $114mil and the second's was $88, so it would be incredible for 3 to even top $150mil.

And btw, the highest opening weekend gross ever was POTC2's $135 million.

gtkilla said:
Pirates 2 was stupid. The only people who went to see that movie were horny middle-aged women.

spidermanhero12 said:
i agree with that

LMAO.gif

lordofthenerds said:
You obviously don't know much about the box office. Common sense tells me that Spider-Man 3 won't make $200 million opening weekend. Spider-Man 1's opening weekend was $114mil and the second's was $88, so it would be incredible for 3 to even top $150mil.

And btw, the highest opening weekend gross ever was POTC2's $135 million.
i was just saying that, anything is possible:cwink:.

Pirates 2 was stupid!!
Pirates 2 was stupid!!
Pirates 2 was stupid!!
Pirates 2 was stupid!!
Pirates 2 was stupid!!
Pirates 2 was stupid!!

To keep my post as unbiased as possible :o I see SM-3 making about the same or less of SM-2.

Opening:About $50 Million

Opening weekend: $110 Million

Domestic: $300-350 Million

Foreign: About the same as Cinemaman ($425 ish)

Worldwide: $720m - $800m

I think the box office money is interesting but I'm not that good with predictions so yeah.I think PotC3 is gonna take #1 spot for 2007.

On opening Weekend SPIDER-MAN opened with $114,844,116

For SPIDER-MAN 2 it opened with $88,156,227

I'm exspect Spidey 3 to surpass spidey 2 maybe even the first movie with 150mil .

Spidey 2's opening weekend was coupled with a $63 million Wednesday and Thursday before the weekend, something seemingly lost here.

Well, if Sony released Spidey 2 on 2nd May, it would make $110-120m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"