Sequels Official Sequel's Box Office Numbers and Predictions Thread

Cinemaman

Avenger
Reaction score
Now we have this one :)

I think if SR makes more than $200m, we can expect more money from the sequel.

My early predictions:

Opening Day: $24m

Opening Weekend: $63m

Domestic: $236m

Forign: $187m

Worldwide: $423m

Will sequel make more enough money this time?

This is pretty gosh darn early. You're a dedicated one, aintcha?

I think SR's sequel will end up in the 200-250m range.

With the WW distribution included, it'll just eek past $305 mil

Considering the only thing I have to go off of is that 50 mil leap from X-Men to X2. I would say maybe around 250 mil. Since we really don't know anything yet. Whose the villain? If the villain is huge and marketed as being awesome- look for some big cash. If the villain isn't good, look for 220 mil at best. If the competiton is alright look for great numbers. If the competition is dangerous look for a stormy sea. Etc, etc. Lots of factors that we don't know yet. So, best bet is is just taking X-Men to X2, since it was the same director, comic book property, and a sequel.

uh.....80/250 right now. could be bit more dependng on villains, release date, dvd sales, ect.

I hope WB will do a better marketing job with the sequel, if there is one. So I say 200-250 million.

Cine isnt this a little early? we dont even know if we're really getting a sequel :o

It's a little early...If they keep Singer it will make less than the first.

Damn Cinemaman, what is it with you and box office take? :confused: :D

Seriously, this thread should be saved for LATER ON....Like 2008.

Way to early to tell but it will make alot more than returns, because when people see returns it will make them want to see it on the bigscreen!

SR on dvd will be huge thus helping the sequel.

250-300 million or a little more becuase this movie is going to be better and badder....

:up:

If Singer returns - and it looks like it - I'd say 100 to 150 mill domestic tops. Worldwide ~300 mill tops.
No way this thing can improve just because some more action scenes after the already poor reception of the "new origin" story.

Way to soon to guess.I need to see who the villian is first,and what kind of story it's got,then i'll hazzard a guess.

does some one have new numbers for worldwide? I'd like to know how much the movie has earned in Germany, but I can't find any numbers (yet)

$250-$300 million Domestically, $500-$600 million worldwide. I think it will have a PHYSICAL baddie, more action....What people really want. Singer established the characters, now lets put them through the ringer.

Kid_Kaos said:
If Singer returns - and it looks like it - I'd say 100 to 150 mill domestic tops. Worldwide ~300 mill tops.
No way this thing can improve just because some more action scenes after the already poor reception of the "new origin" story.

$200+ million ($400 million WW) isn't a poor reception. $50 - $100 million would have been....

The sequel IF written properly should gernerate more $$....Singer's track record is good as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"