General Trek Talk Official Star Trek Discussion Thread

Thanks for all the answers. Going to start with Enterprise and go basically chronologically.
Like most of the Star Treks, Enterprise is a mixed bag. But conceptually, it was an interesting “experiment.” It seems like Berman and Braga realized that the advanced tech in the 24th century was conducive to ever more wacky and lazy storylines and plot holes. (E.g., how many times must the holodeck malfunction before Starfleet figures out that it’s dangerous and morally problematic? :word:) So as a kind of return-to-basics, Enterprise is set in the 22nd century. No holodecks, no androids. Even the transporter is new (and therefore used sparingly).

Enterprise got off to a rough start, but it improved so much in its third and fourth seasons, it's a shame that it got cancelled and a reminder of how lucky we were that TNG survived its even rougher start.

It has become a bit of an odyssey to get production started in a fourth movie and somehow each time they find inferior writers and directors. I still hope this gets made and it's interesting that they keep on trying even though they're having a reboot in development as well, but I have big reservations it will see the light of day.

They really should've set the remainder of Discovery in the mirrorverse.

They wanted so bad to be the definitive ST series but in doing so just made them have to be the series that no one in universe remembers or talks about.

I could not find an active sub forum thread for the Star Trek movies, general discussion thread, I found some but last posts were one or two years old. Can someone point me to one or it doesn't exist yet in the Misc Films forum.

Now that the "origin" Trek film has been officially confirmed by Paramount Pictures (well as confirmed as Star Trek 4 is, and we know how long on and off it's been in development).

I thought I go back to the well that is my obsession to see "Star Trek: Beginning" finally made, and hopefully some closure on Star Trek: Enterprise and that era in general.

Now I'm taking a stab at what they mean by origin film for Star Trek. As to me the current origin film of Star Trek is Star Trek: First Contact, as that shows Earth's first Warp ship and them meeting the Vulcans and kick starts what will become Starfleet and then the Federation. If you go any earlier what's the point as it be World War III (not very Star Treky now is it).

So then the only logical idea for a film would be the Enterprise period and showcasing the Earth-Romulan War finally. The war was between 2156-2160 just before the formation of the Federation in 2161. This counts as a Star Trek "origin" story, to see Earth joining forces with Vulcans, Andorians and the Tellarites against the shadowy Romulans and in turn after the war creates the Federation. Well there you have your origin story for all of Star Trek!!!

Also if we do it Star Trek: Enterprise can have the ending it truly needs and deserves and gets the bad taste of These Are the Voyages... out of the fandoms mouths.

Could fit a Idris Elba Balthazar M. Edison (pre Krall turn) cameo for fun too.

On a side note Krall was defeated in the Kelvin Universe but still around in the Prime timeline just a random thought that pops up in my head time after time…

With Star Trek: The Beginning finally being made, it can act as a prequel not just for Prime Trek but also the Kelvin Universe!!!

What you think Guys?

When does Spock time travel to the past?

(A la the new films for the branching timeline)

I’m guessing after Voyager, but before Picard? Or would it be before that during Deep Space 9 or Next Generation time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"