Official Swamp Thing Thread

Movies205 said:
As long as he still an *******, who not too flashy with his powers, and seem to know like a **** load of people then I'm all set :up:

He's always been a bit of an *******. And he's never been flashy. Oh sure he'll use magic every now and then, but very rarely does he ever use it. He's more of a low key guy. He gets off a lot due to luck and his rep. Like people hear he's this "Big great Mage" and try to avoid him. Plus, it doesn't help that practically everybody that he comes into contact with usually ends up dead. :o

Movies205 said:
I neeed to re-read quiver I remember it but I don't remember any of the heaven part except when he(GA Shell) talks to Ollie(Spirit) in heaven :o

That's actually my favorite part of the story. Seeing Barry Allen running around with Jason Todd hanging out in the background.

"Is that Robin?"

"One of em."

And Deadman's possession of Etrigan was fantastic. A great read, just a real deja-vu moment from Swamp Thing. Kevin Smith may be clueless whenit comes to writing movies (Clerks being the exception, and bits of Mallrats) but he certainly has his DC characters down pat.

Timothy Hunter said:
He's always been a bit of an *******. And he's never been flashy. Oh sure he'll use magic every now and then, but very rarely does he ever use it. He's more of a low key guy. He gets off a lot due to luck and his rep. Like people hear he's this "Big great Mage" and try to avoid him. Plus, it doesn't help that practically everybody that he comes into contact with usually ends up dead. :o

Wowzer, he does use magic occasionally though right? Cuz it be ghey if he never uses magic but I like how he manages to use his wits/luck to get out of things rather than coming up with uber spells and waht not.

Dr. Spengler yeah it was a good arc, I'll have to re-read it again sometime.

Movies205 said:
Wowzer, he does use magic occasionally though right? Cuz it be ghey if he never uses magic but I like how he manages to use his wits/luck to get out of things rather than coming up with uber spells and waht not.

Dr. Spengler yeah it was a good arc, I'll have to re-read it again sometime.

Yeah, he does use the occasional incantation every now and then. But nothing like putting his feet in a bucket of water to go to hell ;)

Timothy Hunter said:
Yeah, he does use the occasional incantation every now and then. But nothing like putting his feet in a bucket of water to go to hell ;)

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic meaning he does that one time or your referencing another character :(

I just saw the new trailer and know what your talking about :( He doesn't actually do a lot in the trailer so it's possible it could still be a lot like the comics :)

Man, I'm loving the cover to Swamp Thing issue 13 by John Totleben:

2815_400x600.jpg

That is sweet :up: You don't touch swamp thing's woman! As Gotham City learned the hard way :(

Finished reading Swamp Thing volume 5, I'm going order Swamp Thing Vol. 6 Reunion(Last of Alan Moore Run), Swamp Thing Vol. 7 Regenesis(Beginning of Veitch's run), and Hellblazer: Dangerous Habits tommorow :up:

Movies205 said:
Finished reading Swamp Thing volume 5, I'm going order Swamp Thing Vol. 6 Reunion(Last of Alan Moore Run), Swamp Thing Vol. 7 Regenesis(Beginning of Veitch's run), and Hellblazer: Dangerous Habits tommorow :up:

I love Dangerous Habits.....

:)

It was recommended by this thread only other member, Timothy Hunter :) I figure I'm going take a break from swamp thing for a while(Besides reading the new monthly series) and start reading some hellblazer. Any other good trades I should pick up?

Themanofbat said:
I love Dangerous Habits.....

Yeah, that TPB got me started on my Hellblazer love. Garth Ennis' run is probably my favorite run on the book....Son of Man aside :)

Out of curiosity did you start reading Swamp Thing first or Hellblazer?

Movies205 said:
Out of curiosity did you start reading Swamp Thing first or Hellblazer?

I was reading Swamp Thing back in it's original 24 issue run in the 70's.

When they relaunched the title in 1980, I picked it up, and bought it monthly until the end. And along the way, I managed to get introduced to John Constantine, and have been picking up HellBlazer since issue #1 as well.

What do you think about Constantine, tmob? :confused:

Oh, and personally, I started with Swamp Thing first. After reading Alan Moore's "Anatomy Lesson" I was hooked on the title right away. That was one excellent read.

1. Swamp Thing Love and Death VOl. 2
2. Saga of the Swamp Thing VOl. 1
3. Swamp Thing Murder of the Crows Vol. 4
4. Swamp Thing Vol. 3 The Curse
5. Swamp Thing Dark Genesis(Orignal 10 issues)
6. Swamp Thing Vol. 5 Earth to EArth

How I organize the 6 TPBs I've read, all great reads :up:

Timothy Hunter said:
What do you think about Constantine, tmob? :confused:

The movie???

I'm keeping my hopes up, but I have a bad feeling that I will be let down, as I usually am by WB/DC movies.

But my fingers are crossed....

The movie looks decent but just not the constatine from the comics at least from what I read in swamp thing :(

Movies205 said:

Well I got Hellblazer: Dangerous Habits and it was a fabulous read :up: The first issue or two's a bit slow at time but over-all a good read. I love how Constantine's an ******* who gets out of things using his wits, like when
he trickes the devil into drinking holy water or at the end
so what next should I read?

Yep. Dangerous Habits is probably one of my favorite Hellblazer stories. The way he screwed over the Lords of hell was such a great twist. Plus, you gotta love his parting remark to them ;)

As to what to read next. You could try and TPBs by Ennis and Dillon....but there's a huge chunk missing from there. Or maybe just pick up Original Sins :confused:

Issue #12 came out last week.... anybody still reading this book?

I am. :)

I am but I didn't pick up anything last week, and I didn't pick it up this week, it's just lying in my file :(

Yeah, I'm still reading the book. And after a slow first few issues, I must say that this book is getting better and better. Some of the scenes are disturbing and pretty damn gory, but I'm definitely getting a kick out of it. Plus, I'm liking this new Swamp Thing more and more with each issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"