Official Swamp Thing Thread

Movies205 said:
Anyway it's never quite clarified though whether Vertigo is a seperate world or not.

The Martian Manhunter and Scott Free appeared in the first arc of The Sandman. But other than that, yeah, I haven't seen any of the regular DC characters in Vertigo...though I'm not a Vertigo expert by any means.

KingOfDreams said:
The Martian Manhunter and Scott Free appeared in the first arc of The Sandman. But other than that, yeah, I haven't seen any of the regular DC characters in Vertigo...though I'm not a Vertigo expert by any means.

Well, I imagine elements of Vertigo are very much a part of the DCU. When Wesley Dodds (the Golden Age Sandman) died during JSA: Justice Be Done, Morpheus appeared briefly in the mist.

Swamp Thing is very much a part of the DCU. One of his earliest adventures involved going to Gotham City and doing battle with Batman.

Vertigo and DC enteract from time to time, but their adventures often stay seperate (as they should). I guess because we get enough of SUperman and the rest in the DCU, why bother with them in Vertigo? And besides that, Vertigo is a little too mature for the regular DCU. They're very much the same universe (The Official Encyclopedea of the DC Universe includes many Vertigo characters), the story-telling is just very different.

I liked it when Zatanna smoked pot at John's 40th birthday party.

:)

Veitch's Swamp Thing run had him encountering a lot of DCU characters - Solomon Grundy, Superman, Batman and Killer Croc, Jonah Hex, Shining Knight, they even had one of the workers in Arkham be an old childhood "friend" of Constantine's.

In a way, I did kinda like Veitch's run a bit better than Moore's.....almost :o

So is Swamp Thing cancelled? I glanced at an issue in the shop and it appeard to be billed as the last issue.

Wow, I haven't seen this thread in a while. :huh:

Yeah, the series is cancelled with issue 29. Sales of the title were abysmally low - like at about 8000-9000 sold per month. Even less I think.

There is rumors that there might be an Un-Men series coming though :huh:

Ah, that's too bad. There was some really brilliant stuff in this "new" series.

The series did get boggled down a lot. There were a bunch of issues where I just had no idea what was going on. They had some interesting ideas, but the way they conveyed them was pretty damn ****ed up.

I have that feeling though, that Swampie will eventually be reintegrated back into the DCU....

I was looking for this thread and I couldn't find it (glad to see that shutting the Hype down for 3 days to fix the Search function worked :whatever: ).

I thought sales for the book were even lower than that, but I was one of the few that bought it til the end.

See ya in volume 5 Alec...

:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"