Swamp Thing support

I would rather not see silliness in a Swamp Thing movie. I would rather see serious Sci-Fi. What about Guillermo Del'Toro? And a screen write colaboration between him and Goyer?

I thought we wanted a good movie.

If he was directing, I would agree with your statement. But Goyer as a writer which is what batbat posted, I'm much more comfortable with that.
Thanks for having my back there Shredder. I knew those meddling Turtles were wrong about you.

Id be ok with Goyer as a writer, not sold on his direction yet. And I'd have to pass on Del Toro. He's too involved with other things.

A writer for a SwampThing movie just popped in my head. What about Babylon 5 creator, J. Michael Straczynski ?

Don't know much about him, is he someone you would feel safe with being the lead?

Goyer has been too exposed to comic movies now. It's kinda like he's re-writing his own universe of all our superheroes. My vote is for Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski.

And a dream choice would be Moore himself.

Is there anyone out there who would let me pick their brain on their knowledge of Swampy?

Last edited by a moderator:
A few have mentioned his name

Any Swampy affcionados?

Since DC has come forward and announced they would like a dark style film, I think the best character to start with would be Swamp Thing. It has the horror element built right in. This is a character they should tinker with using the 'dark formula.

Since DC has come forward and announced they would like a dark style film, I think the best character to start with would be Swamp Thing. It has the horror element built right in. This is a character they should tinker with using the 'dark formula.

Agreed. It could work very well, especially if they borrow heavily from the themes present in Alan Moore's run. And it's a good way to re-introduce Constantine, if WB is still keen on using the character again. I would love a new Swamp Thing movie.

Yes, I think Swamp Thing could be great but at the same time it should keep to a tight budget. It certainly has name recognition, Swamp Thing is more popular than I would have guessed if I were developing it back in the day. I think Alan Moores stuff is the best approach.

Cronenberg MUST direct. I think Vinnie Jones could probably be the Thing.

Agreed. It could work very well, especially if they borrow heavily from the themes present in Alan Moore's run. And it's a good way to re-introduce Constantine, if WB is still keen on using the character again. I would love a new Swamp Thing movie.

Good idea for Constantine.

Yes, I think Swamp Thing could be great but at the same time it should keep to a tight budget. It certainly has name recognition, Swamp Thing is more popular than I would have guessed if I were developing it back in the day. I think Alan Moores stuff is the best approach.

Cronenberg MUST direct. I think Vinnie Jones could probably be the Thing.

Glad you agree. Experimenting with this 'dark' tone should start with Swamp Thing.

We need to keep the suits at DC reminded of Swamp who can be a sleeper hit if done right.

I can only pray that now Green Lantern is seeing the bigscreen, DC has some type of game plan for Swamp Thing.

I'm begining to think that Swamp Thing could be a cool tv show, there was already made one in the 90s, but i think a new one could be cool, with todays technology and all

I wonder now with Constantine getting a show on NBC makes the darker gritty version of him & Swamp Thing dead in the water now?

Now that the show Constantine is dead, but the character may still be alive returning in the TV show Arrow, I wonder if the actor could somehow make the jump to the movies via Swamp Thing. Not sure a big screen Constantine would be a safe bet since the show was cancelled but using him in a new Swamp Thing movie may be the way to go. Even if its just mentioning his name.

A proper Swamp Thing adaptation for the DCEU would be a tremendous thing. I doubt it will happen, and I almost don't want it to, because it could very easily be mishandled. The movie would have to liberally draw from Alan Moore's reinvention of the character ("The Anatomy Lesson") from the '80s and yet not ignore the legendary Len Wein/Berni Wrightson run from the '70s. Texturally the film would have to fuse horror and psychedelia and somehow make it palatable for the CBM-enjoying masses. Today's CG advancements make it possible for an incredibly nuanced Swamp Thing to exist onscreen. To see his power over flora be utilized on extreme and intimate levels would be wondrous. The first film would comprise his origin, and the second film could adapt his confrontation with Batman after Gotham has been overrun with rampant vegetation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"