Official Swamp Thing Thread

Anyone picking up Swamp Thing #7? I'm dropping the book now that Diggle is gone and I am replacing it with Rex Mundi which I think is a step in the right direction.

Originally posted by The Hobgoblin
Anyone picking up Swamp Thing #7? I'm dropping the book now that Diggle is gone and I am replacing it with Rex Mundi which I think is a step in the right direction.

You should have been reading Rex Mundi since Day One.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

And yes, I will be continuing to read Swamp Thing.....

:)

Originally posted by Themanofbat
You should have been reading Rex Mundi since Day One.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

I got all the back issues now man, I'm in the loop!!! But Corben's art is something I really can't get along with so Swamp Thing is done for me.

And yes, I will be continuing to read Swamp Thing.....

So will I actually. But I'm not really looking forward to Pfeiffer's run.

And yeah, Corben is only doing two issues. The guy who drew the first six issues will continue on after issue 9 :)

Originally posted by Movies205
THat's only for 2 issues though:o

I'm on a budget. And there is a book that I like much more than Swamp Thing. So Swamp Thing gets the chop.

Originally posted by Eric Draven
What else do you pick up at the moment? :confused:

He's picking up Rex Mundi, which is the best new comic seen in years....

YOU should be picking it up, you Vertigo-****e you... ;)

It's right up your alley. :up:

You know, to be honest, I was actually gonna start picking up the book when the first TPB came out (I think a TPB did come out :confused: ) and then start getting the individual issues that came afterwards.

But then it just passed my mind :(

What issue is the book at right now anyways? :confused:

What else do you pick up at the moment? :confused:

Ex Machina
Losers
Sleeper

Forsaken
Rex Mundi
Small Gods
Walking Dead

Astonishing X-Men
Captain America & The Falcon
Spider-Girl

Thats the list. Now I know people are gonna comment on CAF and Spider-Girl.....

CAF is written by Priest who's work I love and this book is no exception! I love Spider-Girl also (even if at the moment its boring the pants off me) and I'm sure that Tom D will get things back in track, if not.... then I'll be dropping it and re-picking up Swamp Thing :D

You know, to be honest, I was actually gonna start picking up the book when the first TPB came out (I think a TPB did come out :confused: ) and then start getting the individual issues that came afterwards.

But then it just passed my mind :(

What issue is the book at right now anyways? :confused:

The book is on issue #11 at the moment. Issue #12 has just gone to the printers so should be out in a week or two. And then the book goes on a hiatus. Arvid Nelson has said though that he is now begining to write issue #13 and that his "break" is over. It would appear that the 2nd trade (containing issues #6 - #11) will arrive sometime after issue #12 and hopefully before issue #13.

Ex Machina
Losers
Sleeper

Forsaken
Rex Mundi
Small Gods
Walking Dead

Astonishing X-Men
Captain America & The Falcon
Spider-Girl

You didn't stay with the Flash for very long... when did you drop the book?

hmmmm.....maybe I will consider picking up Rex Mundi :)

BTW Just to get back on topic. I finally found all of Nancy Collin's entire Swamp Thing run from ebay. At first I was a bit hesitant because I heard not to good things about her run. But after reading it, I'm really impressed. Very good reading I must say.

Now should I try and find Doug Wheeler's run? ;)

You didn't stay with the Flash for very long... when did you drop the book?

The Mirror Master issue. I loved the "Ignition" arc, but after that arc... nothing really happened and I was spending too much. It went along with Outsiders, Teen Titans and Batman.

The Flash is a bit of an ongoing dispute with me though.... because I've dropped it out of neccesity rather than because it wasn't that good, so it depends on how things pan out... stuff like Sleeper and AXM are probably only going to be on my list for 12 issues. So I might re-add The Flash based on those grounds.

I'm gonna try and keep to 10 books maximum at the moment though. I honestly didn't expect Spider-Girl to be renewed again but like I say... its on a thread at the moment.

hmmmm.....maybe I will consider picking up Rex Mundi :)

BTW Just to get back on topic. I finally found all of Nancy Collin's entire Swamp Thing run from ebay. At first I was a bit hesitant because I heard not to good things about her run. But after reading it, I'm really impressed. Very good reading I must say.

Now should I try and find Doug Wheeler's run? ;)

Nancy Collin's run was the best one since Moore's... in my opinion.
Millar's was good, but I liked Collin's back to the swamp approach.

Wheeler's run was a waste of time (earth elemental stuff), but you might want it if your a collection completist.

Now go get Rex Mundi... :up:

The Mirror Master issue. I loved the "Ignition" arc, but after that arc... nothing really happened and I was spending too much. It went along with Outsiders, Teen Titans and Batman.

The Flash is a bit of an ongoing dispute with me though.... because I've dropped it out of neccesity rather than because it wasn't that good, so it depends on how things pan out... stuff like Sleeper and AXM are probably only going to be on my list for 12 issues. So I might re-add The Flash based on those grounds.

I'm gonna try and keep to 10 books maximum at the moment though. I honestly didn't expect Spider-Girl to be renewed again but like I say... its on a thread at the moment.

I think things are going to pick up again in Flash, so keep your eyes peeled.

I agree with Spider-Girl.... the book just seemed to lose a little "oomph" about a year ago.

:(

Nancy Collin's run was the best one since Moore's... in my opinion.
Millar's was good, but I liked Collin's back to the swamp approach.

Wheeler's run was a waste of time (earth elemental stuff), but you might want it if your a collection completist.

Now go get Rex Mundi... :up:

Yeah, I'll probably end up getting Wheeler's run only because I wanna get the entire Swamp Thing run :(

I'll probably save Veitch's run for TPB though because supposedly they're gonna collect the banned Jesus issue :eek:

Yeah, I'll probably end up getting Wheeler's run only because I wanna get the entire Swamp Thing run :(

I'll probably save Veitch's run for TPB though because supposedly they're gonna collect the banned Jesus issue :eek:

Sweetness. :up:

Originally posted by Movies205
THat's only for 2 issues though:o

Also..... I've just seen the preview of the issue. I really can't stand that guys art. He can not draw faces! They look like their made of plasticine and swashed.

I'll get the trades from now on I think or I may pick up at issue #9

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Richard Corben's art either. Or at least I was until I read the Hellblazer issues he drew. He made John Constantine look like munchkin for crying out loud! :mad:

I still need to pick up the rest of Alan Moore's stuff :(

Well issue 7 came out yesterday. And it was a pretty good story. Nothing that great, but not that horrible as well. Just a good fill-in until Dysart comes in as the regular writer (at least I think he's the regular writer :confused: ).

I'm still hating Corben's munchkin art though :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back