The Dark Knight Official Viral Campaign: Spring '08 - Post Here

yeah same here....funny comcast would get a brand new trailer...

hmm.

i hope we at least get some new Times....but come on!

when the games startin!

I hope something happens in the next 20 minutes...
after that I have to leave for 4 hours o.o
and I just know with my luck something big will probably happen during the 4 hours I'm gone -_-

*crosses fingers for something to happen in the next 20 min*

Watch, i'll sit here all day until like five to go see The Hulk and it will all go down then.

I wasn't sure where to post this but its a new trailer its only two minutes long and most of it has been seen except the beginning. You should at least watch the beginning. (and if this has already been discussed then someone can just delete this) It was released as exclusive content for mobiles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0Qzh2BOuM

Where do we go from here?
Working on the premise that the virals are mainly to develop the backstory for The Dark Knight, kinda fill in the gaps between Begins and DK, I thought we could use some discussion on the various websites that are out there and try to determine what might be next – at least where the next hotspots might be. This might be an exercise in futility, as the last two promotions stemmed from websites that sprang up right before they started, even though they had tie-ins with the movie. But there are still several movie tie-ins to each of the existing ones, and even the newest ones serve an additional purpose in the movie. A lot of this is scattered throughout the different threads, but maybe a common place to discuss it would be beneficial.

These are used to convey information, so they obviously will be used right up to the end of the campaign:
Gothamcablenews.com - Gotham City's cable news network
Thegothamtimes.com - digital version of The Gotham Times newspaper

All of these are obviously used in the Harvey Dent election, which we know either happens at the beginning of the movie or is presumed to have already taken place between the two movies:
Ibelieveinharveydent.com - Harvey Dent's campaign page
Takebackgotham.com / Takebackgothamcity.com - Harvey Dent campaign URLs that were considered; now redirects to Ibelieveinharveydent.com
Trustgarcetti.com - Roger Garcetti's campaign page
Danaworthington.com - GVAFoundation.org President Dana Worthington's DA election campaign page
Maidenavenuereport.com - Maiden Avenue Report, a Gotham tabloid publication
Wearetheanswer.org - Harvey Dent's police corruption tip site
Gothamcityclerk.com - A website devoted to Gotham's City Clerk and the upcoming elections
Gothamelectionboard.com - Gotham City's Election Board
Maybe, except for a few loose ends and updates here and there, we can consider these closed?

All of the Joker sites are still being used, and they come so random that it is probably useless to try and speculate on what might be next there.
Ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com - The Joker website that started the ARG
Whysoserious.com - all of the WSS sites are used extensively, so not much discussion there, other than to maybe try and guess the next extension (quote) that will be used to show us something.
Thehahahatimes.com - Joker's parody of the newspaper
I would not cross out WSS, but as mentioned above the trick is to determine the next quote to be used.

These websites have been used in various games and to convey pieces of information used in the other campaigns, like the election and fighting police corruption, but with most of the police behind bars or under investigation maybe there is not much left for them to convey
Rememberinggina.org - Website dedicated to Gina, killed in gang violence
Gothamcab.com - Website for Gotham's cab service – this may become active, since it recently came under new management
Bettyshouseofpies.com - Betty's House of Pies
Gcferries.com - Gotham City Dept. of Transportation's ferry line - boats are used in DK, so this site will get recognition in DK
Kinslytravel.com - a Gotham travel agency
Rossisdelicatessen.com - Rossi's Delicatessen
Gothamintercontinentalhotel.com - a Gotham hotel and site of the "Operation Slipknot" sting – where Bruce Wayne lives
GVAFoundation.org - Gotham Victims Advocate Foundation
Ccfabg.org - Concerned Citizens for a Better Gotham
Josephcandoloro.com - Website for the founder of Ccfabg.org
But, like above, except for maybe closing out a few loose ends with some updates, maybe these are closed too?

These sites have been used for the Police investigations, and a couple still show signs of activity:
Gothampolice.com - Gotham Police Department
SecureInternalDocuments - Gotham Police Department's Secure Internal Documents database
Webmail.aspx - Glenn Barhyte's email account
Gpdiad.com - Gotham Police Internal Affairs
Gpdmcu.com - Gotham Police Major Crimes Unit
Acmesecuritysystems.com - ACME Security Systems
Citizensforbatman.org - Batman support website
CFB Underground - a secret message board unauthorized by CFB where its members discuss becoming vigilantes

These sites are parked, and may or may not come into future play:
Gothamhistorictrust.com - Gotham Historic Trust, currently parked at GoDaddy!
Comcastgotham.com - currently parked at GoDaddy!
Gothamcitypizzeria.com - Gotham City Pizzeria
Gothamhighschool.com - Gotham High School, currently parked at GoDaddy!
Wayneanimalsanctuary.com - Wayne Animal Sanctuary, currently parked at GoDaddy!
Iceberglounge.com - Iceberg Lounge, currently parked at GoDaddy!
Gothamgirlguides.com - Gotham Girls Guides, currently parked at GoDaddy!
Gothamgoliaths.com - Gotham Goliaths sports team, currently parked at GoDaddy!
Puritywaterfiltrationsystems.com - Purity Water Filtration Systems ad, currently parked at GoDaddy!
Elizabetharkhamasylum.com - Arkham Asylum, currently parked at GoDaddy!

Which leave these sites that have not been used for much of anything, so it makes you wonder what is coming up with them, if anything:
Thegothamtimes.com/media/jlevine/public - where hidden media is often stored – pretty pictures, but what are they used for?
Gothamcityrail.com - City Rail public transit system – obviously the rail system was used in Begins, but what role does it play in DK?
Gothamnationalbank.com - Gotham National Bank – this is crucial to the prologue, so maybe it’s only use is to set up the backstory for that bit of film?
Gothamusd.net - Gotham Unified School District – other than the bus from district 22, I have no idea on this one. It is updated as frequently and extensively as any other website on the list.
SaintSwithunsChurch.org - St. Swithuns Catholic Church – useless so far, he record search has not contributed anything that I know of.

So what can be next to developing the backstory for the movie? We know boats are crucial, Joker stealing mob money is crucial, vigilantes are crucial, Dent getting elected is crucial, public perception of Batman is crucial, all these things have been covered, so what else?
Gordon getting promoted to Commissioner?
Scarecrow? With Crane a fugitive, who is running Arkham?
Where is Jake Karnassian?
Is there any more Joker related development needed?

Sorry for the long post, but I would like to have at least one spot for serious discussion and get away from asking about "where my swag" is.

I think it will have to have something to do with CFB. I can't imagine they gave out Batman masks and created a legion of Batmen just to have us send in pics to GCN. I could be wrong, but I think there will be another CFB phase that might tie-in and/or clash with the Joker and his goons.

Just my thoughts...

I think it will have to have something to do with CFB. I can't imagine they gave out Batman masks and created a legion of Batmen just to have us send in pics to GCN. I could be wrong, but I think there will be another CFB phase that might tie-in and/or clash with the Joker and his goons.

Just my thoughts...

That actually sounds somewhat logical? Especially since we have access to the new message board.

With just a month away from opening night I'm sure they'll be something big. Maybe a gathering similar to the clown gatherings but this time by the Batmen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"