The Dark Knight Official Viral Campaign: Spring '08 - Post Here

vlkers54

Civilian
Reaction score
Figured I would open a topic and keep it up at the top for when the virals start up again. Hopefully people won't open up 5 or 6 threads on the topic when things start up again...but I guess they will anyways.

Basically I'm bored and I'm waiting, waiting, waiting and I needed to post something! Sitting here literally hoping my Joker phone rings is driving me insane...I'm not being very patient.

P.S. I wish those damn telemarketers would stop calling me on that damn phone and wastes those precious Joker minutes...:hoboj:

Random thought: What if the telemarketers calling is part of the virals? Think about it:
The telemarketers keep calling, thus wasting minutes. When/If the Joker calls, and has "important" information, the phone might cut out as he was talking about the plans (that is, if he actually speaks). >.>

Just a thought.

Random thought: What if the telemarketers calling is part of the virals? Think about it:
The telemarketers keep calling, thus wasting minutes. When/If the Joker calls, and has "important" information, the phone might cut out as he was talking about the plans (that is, if he actually speaks). >.>

Just a thought.
Not sure if "Wells Fargo" or "Bank of America" or "Geico" have teamed with the WB on this campaign, so I think it is safe to say that these calls are what they are...telemarketers.

i always thought that if any telemarketer calls the people with phones should say their name is "Robin Banks" because that was the name that the cake/phone was left with

We're all bored and hoping for a new viral campaign. This thread is a real waste of space and doesn't do anything but make people think that the Spring 08 campaign has started...

tease.

I always like how thread originators put "official", "post here" or "do not make any more" in their thread titles, like the thread is the be all that ends all.

Talk about someone who wants to have their ego stroked. What do they expect, to put it in a future resume?

"Thread Originator on SHH!"

Experience gained?: My thread garnered 2000 replies. It wuz teh b0mbz!!!

Figured I would open a topic and keep it up at the top for when the virals start up again. Hopefully people won't open up 5 or 6 threads on the topic when things start up again...but I guess they will anyways.

Basically I'm bored and I'm waiting, waiting, waiting and I needed to post something! Sitting here literally hoping my Joker phone rings is driving me insane...I'm not being very patient.

P.S. I wish those damn telemarketers would stop calling me on that damn phone and wastes those precious Joker minutes...:hoboj:

I don't know. I really like each step in the virals having their own topic. It makes it easier to keep up with what is going on. (aka: a topic on the next text, then one for the next call and clue...) It keeps everything more organized and to the point because you can just go to the top of each thread and read the overview of what has happened (a lot of people update the first post to keep it current) instead of searching through the pages and pages that this thread would produce.

Good thought, but it is bound to get all FUBAR once something happens and people start foaming at the mouth when something arrives.

Anyone else get that "feeling" that the new viral campaign will start this week?

I always like how thread originators put "official", "post here" or "do not make any more" in their thread titles, like the thread is the be all that ends all.

Talk about someone who wants to have their ego stroked. What do they expect, to put it in a future resume?

"Thread Originator on SHH!"

Experience gained?: My thread garnered 2000 replies. It wuz teh b0mbz!!!
Well considering under experience on my resume says "Joker Phone Recipient and Clown" which got me my high paying job, I would say yeah, it does stroke my ego to no end! I mean, seriously, how f-ing cool am I??!?? Stroke that ego you putz...stroke it.

I was bored, you tool. I believe Carson Daly might have a forum/message board where you can post and talk to fellow tools.

Yo, i really think that those telemarketers did team up with 42nd and WB for this campaign. just give the robin banks name.

Well considering under experience on my resume says "Joker Phone Recipient and Clown" which got me my high paying job, I would say yeah, it does stroke my ego to no end! I mean, seriously, how f-ing cool am I??!?? Stroke that ego you putz...stroke it.

I was bored, you tool. I believe Carson Daly might have a forum/message board where you can post and talk to fellow tools.
christ dude! you just don't stop!!:hehe: lol!!

see ya @ the Max in 5 months!!:brucebat:

Ask to be put on the Do Not Call list. You do that, under US law, they can't call you.

Anyone else get that "feeling" that the new viral campaign will start this week?

I keep looking at Viral Marketing on the sub-forum list page hoping it changes from 4 viewing to 384 viewing but its not to be . . . yet.

I can bet with much certainty that the viral campaign will commence when the new trailer hits on March 7. Or it will start a week prior to the trailer premiere.

I can bet with much certainty that the viral campaign will commence when the new trailer hits on March 7. Or it will start a week prior to the trailer premiere.

whoa, whoa, whoa. how do we know there is a trailer march 7?

whoa, whoa, whoa. how do we know there is a trailer march 7?

From Dark Horizons:

"Things are more rosy on "The Dark Knight" front though as the next trailer for the film, this one featuring more Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) and Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) is rumored to be premiering with "10,000 B.C." on March 7th. Meanwhile, MTV News has video of the toy version of a flash car that Batman uses in the film..."
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080219b.php

But this has been reported way before this by many sites. Dark Horizons is an extremely reputable site and I would believe 100% what is reported there. I have also heard rumblings from various other sources as well. There will be a TDK trailer March 7 with 10,000 BC. You can bet on it.

Also, Dark Horizons....

"Presently in the midst of editing, 'Knight' is expected to keep its July 18th release date, but for now its marketing and publicity campaigns are going to be undergoing an overhaul at Warner Bros. Pictures. The early publicity for the project heavily featured Ledger's grim Joker visage front and center for its viral marketing, one-sheets, and the current teaser trailer playing in theatres and online. The campaign was to remain Joker-centric until March when the next trailer was scheduled to debut with the release of the studio's "10,000 B.C." and said to focus more on the roles of Batman (Christian Bale) and Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) in the picture. "
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080124c.php

From Dark Horizons:

"Things are more rosy on "The Dark Knight" front though as the next trailer for the film, this one featuring more Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) and Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) is rumored to be premiering with "10,000 B.C." on March 7th. Meanwhile, MTV News has video of the toy version of a flash car that Batman uses in the film..."
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080219b.php

But this has been reported way before this by many sites. Dark Horizons is an extremely reputable site and I would believe 100% what is reported there. I have also heard rumblings from various other sources as well. There will be a TDK trailer March 7 with 10,000 BC. You can bet on it.

Also, Dark Horizons....

"Presently in the midst of editing, 'Knight' is expected to keep its July 18th release date, but for now its marketing and publicity campaigns are going to be undergoing an overhaul at Warner Bros. Pictures. The early publicity for the project heavily featured Ledger's grim Joker visage front and center for its viral marketing, one-sheets, and the current teaser trailer playing in theatres and online. The campaign was to remain Joker-centric until March when the next trailer was scheduled to debut with the release of the studio's "10,000 B.C." and said to focus more on the roles of Batman (Christian Bale) and Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart) in the picture. "
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080124c.php

where can we find this new trailer?

^ Dont know yet.

But I hope the marketing people will tell us soon.

why wouldn't a viral start on Feb. 29? the leap year angle could the final salvo for a joker campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"