OFFICIAL Wolverine and The X-men Gallery Thread

They were in the brotherhood in the Ultimate Universe. Which this show has grabbed a couple elements from.

It is like, imagine a parallel universe where Hawkeye showed up in animation more often, only every single time we see him, he isn't an Avenger. He is an enemy of Iron Man, working as Black Widow's partner (who is still a Commie spy). After a while it would hardly impress you to see it again.

I dont think Juggie is very busy, Dread. I think i actually prefer the Evo design

The Evo design was sleek and simple. Yeah, he wasn't as bulky, but compared to the other characters, he was sufficiently huge. But that was my opinion. Granted, he usually provides a good fight, and I doubt W&TXM won't provide that. After all, Wolverine probably should put up a decent showing against Juggernaut in a show named after him (and yes, I know the whole X-Men fight him, but I was noting how Wolverine almost always gets tossed vs. Juggernaut in animation). ;)

The animation budget for W&TXM looks high, though, so either way Juggernaut will probably move well. I was just curious on thoughts. Sometimes I just felt people piled on Evolution for little reason.

Yes, Vile, I appreciate the irony. ;)

the only complaint i have about any of the characters designs would have to be storms hair. it just looks crazy.

It is like, imagine a parallel universe where Hawkeye showed up in animation more often, only every single time we see him, he isn't an Avenger. He is an enemy of Iron Man, working as Black Widow's partner (who is still a Commie spy). After a while it would hardly impress you to see it again.

A new Avengers cartoon if it were made then would simply be allowed to show Hawkeye and Black Widow as villains at the start if they wanted. Nothing wrong with that, since that's faithful to the ideas of the characters when they first appeared.

The cartoons are separate continuity and are not beholden to everything that's happened over the last few decades.

A new Avengers cartoon if it were made then would simply be allowed to show Hawkeye and Black Widow as villains at the start if they wanted. Nothing wrong with that, since that's faithful to the ideas of the characters when they first appeared.

The cartoons are separate continuity and are not beholden to everything that's happened over the last few decades.

But imagine if they stayed that way....for 4 seasons!

I am aware that cartoons are their own entities, I just don't like seeing things get repetitive. Frankly what made Evolution appealing to me was it's creativity. The continuity was out of whack and it's own thing, and that made things fresh. It probably helped that it debuted the same year as Ultimate X-Men from Mark Millar & Andy (or Adam) Kubert. It was fun to compare the two at the time.

W&TXM basically appears to be a mishmash of the comics and the movies, and the only problem with that is the same as some of the issues from the classic 90's series (which is still great); they inherit the flaws as well as the strengths.

There also is the risk of the show being so cluttered with characters that many are lost in the shuffle. This has plagued every version of the X-Men from the movies to the cartoons in some ways. The 90's series, for better or worse stuck to their core 7 overall, and that was fine. Evolution sometimes struggled with their boosted cast, needing a season or two to sort out the kinks. Even JLU with Bruce Timm at the helm had to go over some bumps. Hopefully the show, while allowing cameo's, doesn't lose focus on a core cast, which never works at more than 7.

Including the title star, of course. Can't have the X-Men without Wolverine.

I wonder what Sabretooth will look like. It wouldn't be an X-Men show without having the two heavyweight scrappers who can't cut each other because of censors fightin'. I wonder if Creed will be back in a costume or in another movie-esque trench like Evolution...

Yet all those shows were still on many seasons and episodes. People would complain but when those shows ended they could not stop talking about how crappy it was that they were over.

Yet all those shows were still on many seasons and episodes. People would complain but when those shows ended they could not stop talking about how crappy it was that they were over.

Actually, when Evolution ended and it had a forum here, I remember the divide being nearly 50/50 of "Damn, I wish they had one more season! That finale was awesome!" or "Man, I hated that teen crap!"

There was also the collective sigh of relief when FF:WGH ended, or rather was left to twist in the wind by CN before fading away to overseas DL's and DVD shelves.

Still, the X-Men have usually lasted a while for Marvel shows historically (once they got made), and since this one is starring the franchise's favorite son, I would be surprised if it didn't last at least 2-3 seasons, if not the full 5, regardless of how good, bad, or mediocre it is.

Unless NickToons proves itself as inept with non-anime as Cartoon Network. :(

It's not just X-men Evolution, but a number of different shows.

I like how Sikes.... is a complete hard ass in this one. it may gain him some fans and respect... no offense Scott fans...but for me this will do good to erase the "superman" syndrome behind his character...

the role reversal with Logan.. just might turn the previous.. Wolvie fans who are tired of this recent upheaval...to his side :up:

I don't like Rogue being with the brotherhood. I would've prefered her with the X-men. Then again, I do like changes and it's not the same old thing. I just wanna see her fly since when didn't get to see it in Evo (except for the finale)

I'm kinda confused about Rogue's part in this show. I know she is with the brotherhood, but from the previews it seems that she really doesn't like to be with them.

Rogue looks like a rogue to me and not really having a side...

Has something said she's with the Brotherhood?

The trailer is ambiguous about Rogue. In the end, I don't think she will side with the Brotherhood. She might be partially swayed or she might just be trying to trick them.

However, its fitting considering her name.

I like how Sikes.... is a complete hard ass in this one. it may gain him some fans and respect... no offense Scott fans...but for me this will do good to erase the "superman" syndrome behind his character...

the role reversal with Logan.. just might turn the previous.. Wolvie fans who are tired of this recent upheaval...to his side :up:

That's "Cyke" or "Cyke's", I guess.

Actually, I thought that one of the best things X-MEN EVOLUTION did was remove that "Superman" Syndrome to him. True, he was good hearted and grew into a leader, but he still remembered to be a normal teenager. He blasted his radio, sometimes shirked responsibility, got in some wisecracks (even during a training simulation) and made quite a few mistakes that he needed others to mop up. Everyone loves his showdown with Juggernaut in "STUFF OF HEROES", but they forget that after knocking Cain over, the man walked over, grabbed Scott's head and his bravery would have gotten him killed had Rogue not saved the day. It wasn't the only time, either. Scott would even acknowledge that he wasn't perfect, but being reliable and infallible are not the same things. Evolution, if it did anything right, made Scott Summers an actual person.

Of course, on that show, I thought it went downhill for him once they had to have him obligatorily hook up with Jean; most of his better character moments were with Rogue.

In W&TXM, I see the roles of Wolverine and Cyclops being reversed; Wolverine as the leader and Cyclops as the grizzled loner. The problem is that for all his overexposure and flaws, Wolverine is a character who can handle multiple roles. He can be a member of a team, or a solo hero. He can be a rebellious loner or a veteran (albeit cynical) team player. This show has him being leader of a team, and in the comics he even did that, briefly. The other X-Men usually can't handle that sort of flexibility (or haven't been allowed to, some may argue), and this helps prepetuate cycles or leads to Wolverine shipping. He is overexposed because he is a good character in theory. You can easily tell a range of stories with him. With Colossus or Cyclops, you can't.

Joss Whedon in AXM made a point in one issue was that unlike some "leader" types, to Cyclops, the role was handed to him. Whedon quietly suggested that he never earned it and without it, he was nothing; just another token guy with a point-and-shoot power. Granted, this was written an arc before Whedon essentially inserted the X-Men into a FIREFLY plot, but I digress. The question will be what sort of dynamic Cyclops has. It already seems awkward enough for Xavier to proclaim that Wolverine is "the destined leader", which to me seems self-serving. If they maintain a sort of conflict, not unlike, say, some of the philosophical differences between Superman and Batman, then it could work. If Cyclops quickly "sees that Logan is a good leader", then he would simply become another random X-Man and that won't work.

The challenge here is that this situation places both characters in roles that are not their ideal. As the de-facto, "destined" and perfect leader, Wolverine loses some edge as a rebel type. You can't be a rebel and a leader. Otherwise you can't give orders. I sincerely doubt anyone besides the always-*****y Emma Frost are going to seriously question the idea of Wolverine of all people leading a team. He's the Fonzie of the X-Men at this point, Mr. Cool. Cyclops is being pushed into a role, at least post-Jean's death, of being a bitter, grizzly loner; he has a trenchcoat so he MUST be edgy. :rolleyes: The problem with that role is that it has never, ever, EVER worked for him. X-MEN 3 tried it very briefly, and it was a disaster on every single level.

My point is, this is the sort of shift that will either be done skillfully and we'll marvel at it, or it will be underwhelming and we will see it as a waste of time or potential; there will be no middle-ground. Some people love that sort of "risk taking" storytelling; I often don't because 8 times out of 10, it falls on it's ass in comics.

I'm attempting to reserve myself to the mindset of this series that the X-Men merely exist to give Wolverine supporting characters that an audience would recognize (unlike, say, the dudes in Madripoor) and that this is following the movie mindset, produced in a bankrupt Marvel mode, where Wolverine is the be-all of the X-Universe, the fruit of it's labor and without him the rest is meaningless. I can forgive the movies for this route as in 1999, when production on the first X-MEN really began, there was no guarantee of commercial success so it seemed a no-brainer to base it around the one character from X-Men most of the general audiences knew and liked. But we're 8 years removed and I like to pretend that the X-Men has tried to move on since that philosophy. But, seeing as we've recently had 7 Wolverine comics in one month from Marvel, maybe it hasn't. When I was a kid, the idea that Wolverine charged ahead and the X-Men were behind him was great; now it isn't as appealing. But, all the episodes of Season 1 are in the can and soon to be DL'd across the internet from across the pond, so we'll get to see how this all pans out.

Frankly, if this series is only half as good as SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, then it will still be watchable.

I don't really think that Jean is dead in this new sereis, so i think that if she does come back Scott will go back into the leader role eventually. Or at least give a lot of input into what Wolverine wants to do.

I don't really think that Jean is dead in this new sereis, so i think that if she does come back Scott will go back into the leader role eventually. Or at least give a lot of input into what Wolverine wants to do.

Wolverine can't vacate the leader spot if only because then the title of the show would make absolutely no sense.

But, yeah, death for Jean is fairly regular. Still, many people consider Emma Frost to offer a more interesting dynamic (and she does), so I wouldn't say Jean's return is a deal-breaker for me. I never cared for her. And I'm hardly chomping at the bit for yet another Dark Phoenix rehash after X-MEN 3, so, if W&TXM can avoid it, that'd actually be a plus.

I'm actually getting real tired of the damn Phoenix saga. Its been done so many times. My favorite would have to be when they did it on X-Men TAS. That was pretty good. But then again from the second trailer the show kinda looks like its following the X-Men TAS.

The phoenix saga hasn't been done in a really long time if you don't count the movies. They skipped it in x-men evolution. A phoenix saga with Emma in the mix could be interesting.

True. It's only been done once and almost 15 years ago.

Yes, but its so popular that every one talks about it and wants in the movies and tv shows, and yet everyone knows all about the story why do it so many times. They should do another major story that hasn't really been done. Like Maybe actually show Rogue getting Ms. Marvel's powers instead of it just as a flash back. Just some thing, anything different that they haven't done before.

Yes, but its so popular that every one talks about it and wants in the movies and tv shows, and yet everyone knows all about the story why do it so many times. They should do another major story that hasn't really been done. Like Maybe actually show Rogue getting Ms. Marvel's powers instead of it just as a flash back. Just some thing, anything different that they haven't done before.

just because the arc is similar doesn't mean it will be told or executed the same way. The phoenix saga is one of the most popular story arcs in the history of x-men. We've seen episodes of wolverine's past as well as the sentinel story arc, but I don't see anyone complaining about that already being done before.

I geuss that i'm tired of it cuz i here about it over here where i'm from so much. Bt every time its done its done good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"