Official X-FACTOR Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Comics' started by Specter313, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Colossal Spoons

Colossal Spoons Paper boi

PAD's the one writer who can have an arc be "aimless" and I'll be totally content reading it. The older issues of X-Factor that just felt like the team hanging out and getting some good development were a treat. Add in some detective stuff and that's a bonus. It'll be sad to see this go b/c I'm a huge fan of half the team and surprisingly didn't hate Doug, Warlock, and Danger.

2. squeekness

squeekness The mighty squeek!

I've never minded Danger though this recent thing of her trying to mate with everyone is a bit strange. This my favorite X book right now and I'm sad to see it go. :(

3. Generation Lee

Generation Lee Well-Known Member

F*** F***ity F*** F*** hate this news :-(

4. slicer4444

slicer4444 Well-Known Member

Wow. Worst news I've heard this week, hands down. I was really hoping this book would make it, like the last volume of X-factor. I hope David gets a new book that I can pick up, or these characters don't get left out of the X-universe. This is pretty depressing.

5. squeekness

I hope Gambit lands in a book I am already reading. :( If it's limbo for my guy I will not be happy.

6. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Gambit just hasn't sold in name only with readers for awhile. Solo wise they need to do what Fraction did with Hawkeye. Make it almost like an indie and give it a strong creative tone, that stands out from everything else. Or give him an edgier and integral antiherorole like what Remender did with Fantomex in Dark Angel Saga. Only more so in one of the main X-books. Something that will grab attention.

If the Apocalypse movie adapts him into a cool character that may give him an attention boost with comic readers. Though that wasn't the case with Quicksilver.

Lotta books been getting canceled right now, was really disappointed with Avengers Undercover getting cut short. This sucks as well.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  7. EvilClareToo

EvilClareToo Well-Known Member

I go away for a few months, and this is what I get...This news sucks. I really was enjoying X Factor. I should have know that if I like it, it will be canned.

I hope Gambit finds a good home after this. I don't know how much Marvel is interested in supporting a character that has an X movie coming out over at Fox.

8. squeekness

I would think that if they plan to actually have Gambit on screen, he might get another ongoing, even if it goes 12 or so issues before it dies. It might be worth seeing Channing's ugly mug if that happens.

9. Colossal Spoons

Issue 18 was awesome! I'm gonna need PAD to go into detail regarding Cypher and Danger's copulation though. How's that even work?

10. squeekness

I think they are leaving that to our imagination, lol. :p

11. Colossal Spoons

I need schematics, Squeek! lol

12. squeekness

I'm sure that more than one fanfic writer is having a field day with it. :p

13. Colossal Spoons

Danger got it on with Warlock this week and it looked about what you'd expect. Kind of a weird and abrupt end to the series. I don't read Spidey 2099 but I'd imagine the story ends there.

14. Generation Lee

Generation Lee Well-Known Member

Going to miss the book. Going to miss Quicksliver and Gambit being written so well. I just hope we get to see X Factor in this new Marvel universe sometime. Also where have all the fourms gone? For weeks all I could see was the adjectiveless X Men fourm. This one appeared today.

15. Colossal Spoons

Inactivity pushed them out of sight. The X-comics forum really has died. It's essentially the same 8 or 9 of us popping in every so often. :(