OLD Green Lantern HBO Max Series Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
(L-R) Stewart, Carol, Sinestro, Hal, Guy
actors-jovan-adepo-carrie-coon-scott-glenn-justin-theroux-and-chris-picture-id664671338

Get Lindelof to show-run, he's already under DC's pay-roll

I MISS THIS SHOW SO MUCH.

Justin Theroux, Carrie Coon, Chris Zylka and Jovan Adepo all need to play superheroes in something (I know Coon voiced Proxima Midnight but that was a waste of her talents). I'm still holding out hope that Theroux is Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen. Dude certainly has the abs for it and can have a cold demeanor when he wants to. As for the others, I could see Zylka as a really good Barry Allen and Coon as Lois Lane or Maggie Sawyer. Adepo would make a good John Stewart, I agree.

He’d also make a good Spartan if they ever made a WildCATS adaptation (not that I ever expect that to happen but you never know).

Justin Theroux, Carrie Coon, Chris Zylka and Jovan Adepo all need to play superheroes in something (I know Coon voiced Proxima Midnight but that was a waste of her talents). I'm still holding out hope that Theroux is Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen. Dude certainly has the abs for it and can have a cold demeanor when he wants to. As for the others, I could see Zylka as a really good Barry Allen and Coon as Lois Lane or Maggie Sawyer. Adepo would make a good John Stewart, I agree.
Technically Zylka & Theroux have done superhero films too; Zylka was Flash Thompson in the Garfield Spider-Man films, and Theroux shows up as a guest on De Niro's talk show in Joker

Technically Zylka & Theroux have done superhero films too; Zylka was Flash Thompson in the Garfield Spider-Man films, and Theroux shows up as a guest on De Niro's talk show in Joker

Ah yeah I forgot about Zylka in ASM. He was a much better Flash than that annoying guy in the movies now (though I prefer pretty much everything else about MCU Spider-Man). I didn’t even realize Theroux was in Joker! I need to rewatch it.

Also, as ****ty of a movie as The Predator was, it dawned on me that you could cast a GL series with most of that cast.

Hal: Boyd Holbrook
John: Trevante Rhodes
Carol: Olivia Munn
Kyle: Augusto Aguilera
Guy: Jake Busey
Hector Hammond: Alfie Allen
Alan Scott: Thomas Jane
Sterling K. Brown: Sinestro

Nooooo. My ideal John is stoic . Tyrese can’t do stoic. Trevante is the guy.

Yeah I think he would be a great Hal. Plus what a spunk

How bout Tyrese for John Stewart?
It would be cruel to do that much setup for John Stewart and then not cast David Ramsey.

They can cast whoever for Hal, Jessica, Guy, Kyle, Alan, etc but if they do Stewart, they gotta give it to Dig.

I was watching pacific rim uprising the other day and I saw Adria Arjona was in it and she was really good! She’s often good in everything. She would make a fun Jessica

It would be cruel to do that much setup for John Stewart and then not cast David Ramsey.

They can cast whoever for Hal, Jessica, Guy, Kyle, Alan, etc but if they do Stewart, they gotta give it to Dig.
If this is really going to be a big budget show then there's no universe where David Ramsey's cast

I wonder who they will get to play kilowog? I suppose they will want to be careful if they still want to make a movie because whoever gets the gig might have to do double duty

Geoff Johns, who was supposedly writing script for GL Corps hasn't given any update, forget about update, he hasn't even interacted with DCEU fans, contrast this with Ava, who occasionally likes some fanart or some fan tweets about New Gods movie.

With the HBO Max - GL series news, I believe that movie is not happening.

Who cares about a movie? Seems like a bad idea to do a movie anyways. First one flopped hard. Even if a new movie is good, the general audience is already soured on the concept, and it’ll be an uphill battle to convince them otherwise. Abandon the movie plans and go all in on the tv show!

There’s more potential with a series anyway. GL really is too big of a story to tell in a movie or a series of movies, given the team aspect. I think a big budget TV show is definitely the best way to go. They just better not shortchange anyone. If you’re going to do a GL show, then give us all the big guns. Hal. John. Kyle. Guy. Alan. I’m not as familiar with Jessica and Simon (stopped reading the comics before they were introduced), but they should be included as well. I’m fine if you include some of them later; no need to rush into everyone right from the jump. But some of these people need to be there from the start (mainly Hal, John and Guy, and Kyle by at least the end of season 1).

Simon is an interesting idea. It would be really cool to see Simon especially, you know, 2020 is going to be a big year politically. In fact the series wouldn’t even have to be political to matter

I'm fine with Simon and Jessica having big parts but I really hope it doesn't come at the expense of Hal, John, Guy and Kyle (and you should probably throw Alan in there, although I could also see the rationale in leaving him out). The cast should be diverse but I'd hate for characters with decades and decades of history to get pushed to the side for ones who have only come on the scene in the past 10 years. And you still get plenty of diversity in there with John and Kyle, as well as Alan if they use the New 52 version. I admit that I'm biased here because I want to see "my GLs" focused on first, but I'm probably not the only fan who doesn't really have any attachment to Simon and Jessica. It's great that they created them and I'm all for including them but I hope the series starts out with the "buddy cop" relationship with Hal and John as its primary focus.

I don’t really care about Simon, but I’d love to see Jessica as the new recruit and maybe audience surrogate, as we get to know the other GL’s and their dynamics through her eyes. I think the most INTERESTING angle would be to have Kyle as our lead as he became a GL when there was no Corps to teach him so he had to kind of discover the lore as he went, but if they’re not gonna take that angle, then starting with Jessica as the newbie doesn’t seem like a bad way to go, imo. That doesn’t mean she’d be the focus of the series, just our gateway character into the Corps.

I don’t really care about Simon, but I’d love to see Jessica as the new recruit and maybe audience surrogate, as we get to know the other GL’s and their dynamics through her eyes. I think the most INTERESTING angle would be to have Kyle as our lead as he became a GL when there was no Corps to teach him so he had to kind of discover the lore as he went, but if they’re not gonna take that angle, then starting with Jessica as the newbie doesn’t seem like a bad way to go, imo. That doesn’t mean she’d be the focus of the series, just our gateway character into the Corps.

Yeah, that could work. An idea I've had for a while was kinda the same thing, only with Kyle as that gateway character. It would change up the story a bit, with Kyle being a new recruit rather than the one and only GL. But I think it could work, as could your idea with Jessica. But your other idea with the story starting out with Kyle after the Corps is destroyed could also be really interesting; it could make the whole thing more of a mystery to people unfamiliar with GL and they could discover it along with him. If they go that route though (and they stick to the source material closely) it would mean that the audience's introduction to Hal would be as a villain. Even if they redeem him later on with the whole Parallax thing, as a Hal fan, I don't know that I'd want him introduced that way. Though Rebirth was one of my favorite GL stories of all time so if it's handled that way, it could be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"