Green Arrow series in the works at The CW

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with wb it seems either they don't give a dam on dc guys besides bats/supes, or they just don't have the right guys doing things. This is where marvel got them beat. They have kevin friege, and other marvel execs. Then they find the bbest suited writer/directors per character and look at where its gotten marvel studios. Dc needs something akin to that, if we ever hope to see future gl/flash/ww/etc..... dc films.

WB doesn't care about superheroes besides Batman and Superman because they just care about topping Marvel. All throughout Green Lantern's production there was talk of "We're going to mix Iron Man with Star Trek." or "Hal Jordan will be our Tony Stark." or "Hal Jordan will be our Kirk." That's why they cast Reynolds to begin with. They wanted the funny, quirky, flawed but loveable hero. They tried to turn superhero movies into a formula and they failed. Miiiserably. I'd swear the script was written by some kind of compu-bot that only writes superhero scripts based on a knowledge of other superhero movies.

This is the green arrow thread, not the "lets dump on dc films thread." They already have one of those in every movie forum and its the same thing. Marvel isn't exactly trying to bring some of there lesser known heroes to tv which would probably be the better format. At least dc tries.

Oh, so it's one of these again...

I'll try changing the subject. If the Merlyn character does indeed go bad, what do you think his costume would look like?

I don't really think he'll have an official uniform.

Maybe a black version of Green Arrow's uniform. I don't know, his comics' uniform is pretty cool.

Merlyn.gif

This is the green arrow thread, not the "lets dump on dc films thread." They already have one of those in every movie forum and its the same thing. Marvel isn't exactly trying to bring some of there lesser known heroes to tv which would probably be the better format. At least dc tries.

Why would they? Marvel has successfully managed to put it's lesser knowns on the BIG SCREEN and will continue to.

The big screen is where all the money is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Green Lantern gets a requel. Jeff Robinov really wants to get these movies going.

All the interviews from Robinov are dated though.

After Green Lantern cost them majorly, why would he really want the movies to happen?

They barely had any faith in these properties before GL, and now they have a 400 Million investment that turned out to be a major loss.

Conversation is organic. Green Arrow is a DC character and therefor DC's treatment of their characters warrants being discussed. Also, as mentioned, Marvel is making so much money even from their crappy movies that they don't need to. As long as the money keeps coming in they'll see no reason to go small screen.

To get away from the whole debate on realism/comic book elements the show may or may not have. What type of arrows would you like to see ollie use. For me I think the easiest arrows to do for pratical/sfx would be;
1. Regular arrows
2. Electric/emp arrows
3. Tracer arrows
4. Net arrow
5. Gas arrow
6. Grapling hook arrow

I just want to see a big blunt arrow knock someone unconscious. I'm not sure why I'm such a big fan of that one but I am. It's also why I miss Batman just clocking people with Batterangs from afar in movies.

Though I am also a fan of the glue arrow. Seeing him beat Brick with that was pretty awesome.

Been away for three weeks - has there really been no new news aside from the odd casting announcement?

More official images, maybe some pics to indicate whether we have an origin story in the pilot or one that'll be built up in flashbacks over the season - that kind of thing

Ya only new thing is filming has wrapped within the last week. Which now will be time for post work, screening it to dc execs, wb execs, cw execs, and next month we find out at fall upfronts if it goes to series. If so then we will see production start up in july, and if any one from pilot doesn't return for series probably reshooting a few scenes, and get underway for series filming.

Not surprised. :up:

God, I can't wait til we get more pics/footage.

I recently talked with a insider on The CW. He told the pilot is actually shaping up to be pretty good, and executives are very satisfied with the result. He also told me it's "surprisingly dark and violent for a superhero show".

Thats exciting. Now I just hope everything shapes up to how I hope it will so I can sit back and be a happy happy viewer.

I am really curious about what the visual look of the series will be. Nutter's pilots tend to be fairly unique from one another. His SV pilot looked very different than his Supernatural pilot, and that looked very different than his Terminator: SDCC pilot and the other countless projects he's done. I'm excited to see it.

Great to hear its a lockk for series pickup. Can't wait to get official word, and see which day/time it lands. I hope tues/wenesday myself.

I am betting It will come on after The Vampire Diaires the CW's biggest hit.

It would count if secret circle is picked up. Ibwould think thurs/fri they leace as is. And mon-wenes switch things up.

The secret circle Is probally going to get cancled.The odds are better for the Nikita/Supernatural combo to contiue than for vampire diaires/Secret Circle to continue.

If that the case then ya Thursday wouldn't be to bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"