Comics OMD-BND "for kids" Review...

The New Kid

Civilian
Reaction score
Disagree or Agree...if you find something that I say that is incorrect please point it out. but please do not insult me if you just plain and simply do not agree. my views our my own and if you make a good point I'll curve. but they will generally be the same. I hate the fact that Joephisto is "using kids as an excuse to do this. be whoever's decision at marvel". so let's get down to it:

I like the Parker Marriage. I'm 19 years old and it's what I grew up reading...I honestly believe it gave MUCH depth to peter's life and made him respectable. I was a young boy and it didn't matter at all to me. It actually gave me much respect for marriage. I didn't want to grow up and become a club hopper. (The fact that Joephisto says peter is 30 something doesn't help. :whatever:)

we had a single peter on the 90's toon. and eventually he married on there because all of his relationships got old. love was a constant theme that rang through out the series...they could only push a single peter so far. and eventually he married even though they kinda retconned it.

In OMD peter started off in character...that didn't last.
Now Spidey is making deals with a demon/devil. he threw his marriage away. who knows what Mephisto would do to Mj. he has to know Mephisto is not trust worthy. Peter did all of this so in the end he can live with his aunt and go club hopping? so does that mean Joephisto wants kids to make deals with the devil live with mom and go club hopping? (explain that!) If I had a kid I would take him off of Amazing NOW!!!

So ok....from a certain stand point. Joey Q. is trying to justify his means by saying he's trying to bring in new fans to amazing...isn't that what he said ultimate spiderman is for? ok not working? hmmm...
how about writing GOOD spidey stories more than every 20 issues.
OLD FANS WILL SPREAD THE WORD AND BRING IN NEW FANS!!!!!! look at the book invincible. I really want to read it and I will eventually....because the word is getting out. and the older fans are attracting "new fans" like me to it. If Joey Q. really wanted a hip single peter...he needed to let ultimate spider-man get older. both series might take a big hit. seeing that in the long run. both have character devolpment issues. dont get me wrong ultimate is written well....but a 15 year old spidey will get old....

Joephisto gave a big diss to fans over and over and over again through out this story line. if i miss anything please add. :woot:

1.saying stories like sins past and the other were done on purpose to reach this point was crazy. I spent money on those books. and it is VERY obvious the other no longer counts. or avengers dissasembled. "yet nothing has changed".
2. Continuity is going to be SCREWED UP FOR A LONG TIME for fans that have stayed on or jump on from time to time. THERE IS NO WAY TO FIX THIS OR JUSTIFY THINGS. even Dan slott can't fix things this time...:csad:.
3. Peter was in the paper but no one remembers who unmasked that day.
4. Peter gave up Mj for his dying aunt. I can see how he would want to do anything to save his aunt. that was VERY in character. but when it got to Joephisto...I started to get upset knowing it will be another out of character situation.
5. Giving Dan Slott the title after screwing everything in it up.
6. Last one before I go to sleep...and my biggest concern about his children comic lie....why is a mugger using the f word so much in "a more friendly comic." the cover seemed cleaner the art. everything seemed more spidey and i dug brand new day initially because Dan slott has such a love for these characters....you can just FEEL IT. most of the supporting characters were back. they were all written in character. there were no magic spider statues. no out of character dialouge. everything was classic spidey and what really dissapointed me was that this story could have still been told with a married peter. but why is the mugger using the worst cuss word ever? is this how we want to raise the kids? I know hes a bad guy but dang....seriously. another HUGE SLAP. to the fans that still stuck on after the tragedy that was omd.

anyone agree?? please dont be upset ultimate fans lol...but i like ultimate spiderman and personally believe its time for a bit of an older peter. at least 18. seeing as they regressed the spidey that is the reason why most readers tried ultimate out. it was the other way around I think for most people. Amazing brought most fans into Ultimate. like 2099 and any other rendition of Spiderman.

1.saying stories like sins past and the other were done on purpose to reach this point was crazy. I spent money on those books. and it is VERY obvious the other no longer counts. or avengers dissasembled. "yet nothing has changed".

Damn that Queseda...

2. Continuity is going to be SCREWED UP FOR A LONG TIME for fans that have stayed on or jump on from time to time. THERE IS NO WAY TO FIX THIS OR JUSTIFY THINGS. even Dan slott can't fix things this time...:csad:.

Slott may not be able to justify things, but at least he did a pretty good job with his first issue considering the circumstances:yay:

3. Peter was in the paper but no one remembers who unmasked that day.

I know, that's extremely stupid

4. Peter gave up Mj for his dying aunt. I can see how he would want to do anything to save his aunt. that was VERY in character. but when it got to Joephisto...I started to get upset knowing it will be another out of character situation.

Yeah

5. Giving Dan Slott the title after screwing everything in it up.

I sort of feel bad for him. He's such a great writer and everybody is boycotting his comics

6. Last one before I go to sleep...and my biggest concern about his children comic lie....why is a mugger using the f word so much in "a more friendly comic." the cover seemed cleaner the art. everything seemed more spidey and i dug brand new day initially because Dan slott has such a love for these characters....you can just FEEL IT. most of the supporting characters were back. they were all written in character. there were no magic spider statues. no out of character dialouge. everything was classic spidey and what really dissapointed me was that this story could have still been told with a married peter. but why is the mugger using the worst cuss word ever? is this how we want to raise the kids? I know hes a bad guy but dang....seriously. another HUGE SLAP. to the fans that still stuck on after the tragedy that was omd.

Spidey isn't really meant to be a kids comic. This issue was rated A, which means ages 9 and up, and they usually shouldnt be surprised with the f word. But most people who reads Spidey is at least a teenager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"