Once Upon A Time In Wonderland

It's just too perfect.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/d23-expo-abc-debuts-new-603799
Meanwhile, D23 attendees also got a look at the 19-minute pilot presentation for Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, the OUAT spinoff that debuts in October. (It's the same one that was screened at Comic-Con in July.)

Wonderland follows a young Alice (Sophie Lowe) in Victorian London who tells of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. Like OUAT, Wonderland will feature flashbacks that give more insight into the characters. Unlike OUAT, the first season will feature a complete story arc.

"It will be much like a movie, or like how they went on one mission in Star Trek, and another year it was another mission," Kitsis said.

As for their decision to create an entirely new character -- Alice's love interest, the genie Cyrus (Peter Gadiot) -- the creators likened it to OUAT's Emma, who also was an entirely new creation.

"Alice was curious enough to follow a rabbit into a hole," Kitsis said. "Naturally she would fall in love with a genie -- he's seen many lives, worlds and places. People ruin their lives for wishes. So they're kindred spirits."

While Wonderland is meant to stand on its own -- meaning people new to OUAT need not have seen that show -- OUAT fans will be treated to "crumbs sprinkled" throughout the series, teased Horowitz.

Just read an interesting quote from Kitsis and Horowitz who confirmed that Alice (and by extension Wendy Darling) are NOT from our real life Victorian England - they're both from fairytale realm England.

Yep. They want the characters to be able to basically be within the same timeframe. They don't want the events of this series to basically be over a century ago. Though, I think it makes sense for Alice more so than Wendy.

$10 says Alice and Wendy come from the same Victorian England that Sherlock Holmes and Possibly Cruella Deville (yes i know not victorian, but her era isn't all that important), and Mr Hyde could come from.

$10 says Alice and Wendy come from the same Victorian England that Sherlock Holmes and Possibly Cruella Deville (yes i know not victorian, but her era isn't all that important), and Mr Hyde could come from.

I agree. I would love for Cruella DeVille to show up!

Beowulf be ah commin...

they will probably just play him like they did Lancelot... but it'd be great if they took the Xena route and went the way of full on Norse Mythology

They definitely have to get around to doing the full Arthurian mythology at some point, and I'm sure they will. I can't see them passing up on the opportunity to do Merlin.

Found it.
[YT]aOsVLbVbgmg[/YT]
Hair seems a bit much. Looks just a little jheri curl.

I'm not sure if it's accurate, but I just read that Jessy Schram has a part in the first episode. :up:

I'm not sure if it's accurate, but I just read that Jessy Schram has a part in the first episode. :up:

It is. At Comic Con they announced she and Grumpy are in the pilot.

No head gear though? Jafar needs his headgear.

With how often these characters, particularly the villains, change wardrobe, I'd be surprised if we didn't see him wearing it at any point.
It is. At Comic Con they announced she and Grumpy are in the pilot.

I read about Leroy having a role, but for whatever reason, I only just read about her a few days ago.

Just read an interesting quote from Kitsis and Horowitz who confirmed that Alice (and by extension Wendy Darling) are NOT from our real life Victorian England - they're both from fairytale realm England.

Wendy IS from our world, as it's been established that this is where Bae ended up when he fell through the portal from the Enchanted Forest.

Wendy IS from our world, as it's been established that this is where Bae ended up when he fell through the portal from the Enchanted Forest.

Not according to the show writers/creators who've stated such. Wendy's Victorian London is a separate "world" bae even said in the show something along the lines of traveling to different worlds before finally reaching ours

^ The show itself has established that Baelfire DID end up in our world (the "Land without Magic") immediately after falling through that bean portal from the Enchanted Forest, which is how he met Wendy and her family.

Also, Adam himself has previously stated (via Twitter in direct response to a question about Alice's Victorian England vs. Wendy's Victorian England) that Wendy's Victorian England was the same as our Victorian England, corroborating what the show itself had established.

Last edited:
http://tvline.com/2013/08/20/once-upon-a-time-spoilers-season-3-episode-6-ariel-ask-ausiello/
Question: I’d like some Once Upon a Time in Wonderland scoop, please. —Mason
Ausiello: The Once spin-off will, in its third episode, sic no less than Beowulf‘s Grendel on Alice and The Knave. Envisioned (via an actor in prosthetics) as a “large, warted, ogre-like beast,” the cannibalistic Grendel will pose a mortal threat to its dinner the genie-seeking pair — though in typical Once fashion, there is more to this beast than meets the eye. But don’t go brushing up on your Old English just yet. “It’s a wink-and-a-nod, as opposed to a real deep-dive into Beowulf,” says series cocreator Adam Horowitz of the creature’s clash with Alice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"