One Universe: DC/Marvel RPG Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also people starting with the origins makes it harder for new players to come in when the character is later free again. It's easier to say "same origins but the character did 'this this and that' this season". New people won't think/feel like they are playing someone else's Batman, Spider-Man, etc. In UDC and All-Star Marvel it is different because it is expected that things will be different.

The origins for all the important parts will be the same. But I don't think it's fair to tell someone they aren't allowed to add some aspects or characters from the other company into their origins.

After all, there's no canon here to build off of. It's player created. You won't be ultimizing or changing the origins like in UDC or All-Star. But if someone wants to make their origin OU-style, I don't think they should be stopped.

The wiki deal works for me.

I'm just not really excited about dropping into a game in the proverbial "middle". Three years just seems way too long. A year I understand. At that point at least characters could be familiar with each other and teams could be in their fledgling stages.

Okay.

After speaking to Byrd we've agreed to have the time period setup as one year after the re-emergence of super heroes and vigilantes after the large gap after the JSA disbanded.

That being said, the majority of the major characters will have been active during this time, and they are aware of each other.

If you want to define your character's origin in a "One Universe" setting, feel free to do it in flashback sequences while also showing what your character is doing in the present.

This is the best overall solution to everyone's problems. It gives the game open the freedom of not being restricted to origins, but is also a world that is still being shaped by the evolving relationships between heroes. It also allows those to tell their origins as they see it in the One Universe.

If you plan on playing a more minor character and have a desire to do a full origin, say so in your app, and Byrd and I will decide how to move forward there.

"I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! LET'S DO IT!"

"I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! LET'S DO IT!"

tumblr_lr6c6vBY1R1qbng8o.gif

Uh-oh...someone exceeded their bandwidth.... :p

try using tinypic.com

crap interface. but no bandwidth restrictions.

It was just the gif of Ron Swanson dancing. We've all seen it before.

/Lazy

So the start will still be post Thanksgiving for this little endeavour? I'm hoping for more then 10 people especially if we get some new people involved. Is there any way to advertise on other parts of this site for this story or do we just hope others decide to wander down here to the "basement"?

So the start will still be post Thanksgiving for this little endeavour? I'm hoping for more then 10 people especially if we get some new people involved. Is there any way to advertise on other parts of this site for this story or do we just hope others decide to wander down here to the "basement"?

We've tried advertising other places. And if we have 10 I'll be pumped. That's better than most of the games we've had recently.

Also, I'm thinkin OOC thread by the 19. Followed by Thanksgiving week, and then start up the IC once the Holiday is over.

Last edited:
Like I said before... App's done. :woot:

^^^I have mine done as well.

/Impatient

If anyone intending to apply for Lex Luthor could shoot me over a PM that would be great.

Okay, as we get closer to me putting up the OOC thread, I want to ask people's opinion on the character limit.

I was planning on keeping it at one for a month or so to ensure people not snatching up multiple big-name characters.

But I'm planning on using the whole 24-hour rule for acceptances, which should negate the possibility of that happening, as I'm sure anyone who is gunning for a big name will have an app up quickly. So I'm considering allowing 2 characters right off the bat.

What do you guys think? Keep it at 1 for a month or so, or go for 2 right away?

One month of a single character limit would at least allow people to stay focused on their one character and slowly build up the new status quo. Character quotas doesn't really affect me because I only intend to apply for one, but I can see the benefit to allowing two after a month, so I say keep the month long wait intact for the sake of just allowing people to get their initial character settled in the universe.

One month of a single character limit would at least allow people to stay focused on their one character and slowly build up the new status quo. Character quotas doesn't really affect me because I only intend to apply for one, but I can see the benefit to allowing two after a month, so I say keep the month long wait intact for the sake of just allowing people to get their initial character settled in the universe.

That also crossed my mind, but I wanted to open it up to see what others think.

I only had one character in mind initially, but then I got talking to Byrd and he struck me on a whole new tangent that I want to do now as well, but I didn't have a problem waiting for a month.

I'd be find with either one. But to be honest, I would prefer to do two characters. I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I'd be find with either one. But to be honest, I would prefer to do two characters. I want to have my cake and eat it too.

I know what you mean.

Speaking of which, be on MSN tonight. I have a few story ideas to run by you later.

If we would be allowed two characters, there is another one I was contemplating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"