One Universe: Marvel & DC

Thanks Eddie Brock Jr. for inspiring me. Any idea for a title for a different series of stories usin a similar idea? Or would it be okay to be considered One Universe, if we give credit and say that it's a separate continuity to urs?

Thanks Eddie Brock Jr. for inspiring me. Any idea for a title for a different series of stories usin a similar idea? Or would it be okay to be considered One Universe, if we give credit and say that it's a separate continuity to urs?
I'd appreciate a different title, if you don't mind.

I'm kinda getting a "12 year-old" vibe from spidergrant :o

well i guess you be pretty close. 13 actually. i know most the guys are older than 20 butthere are no comic nerds at my school so i look to the internet

Well, obviously with an undertaking like this, some things must be compromised. But the cores of the characters are going to be essentially the same.

FADE IN:

EXT. GOTHAM ARENA - NIGHT

Crowds of people flood the city streets. The posters outside read, "TONIGHT ONLY! JACK "THE DEVIL" MURDOCK!" The fight has ended. THOMAS, MARTHA, and BRUCE WAYNE exit the building. They are all extremely well-dressed, and their wealth is obvious. They continue to walk, conversing about the fight. Finally, they turn onto an empty street. A MUGGER approaches them.

MUGGER
Give me your cash!

THOMAS WAYNE
(indignantly)
What?

The mugger pulls out a small revolver. All three Waynes recoil at the sight of it.

MUGGER
Put all the cash and jewelry in the bag!

He throws a pillowcase at them without lowering his gun. Thomas stares at him for a moment.

MARTHA WAYNE
Tom, just do it!

Bruce is speechless. He's too young to understand what's happening. Thomas' face is riddled with disgust, but he obliges.

MUGGER
(points the gun at Bruce)
What about him?

THOMAS WAYNE
He's just a kid!

MUGGER
I want his watch!

MARTHA WAYNE
(pleadingly)
Please...he's a kid!

Without another word, the mugger shoots Martha in the chest. Thomas instantly attacks in response. During the struggle, the gun goes off again. Thomas collapses onto the street. The mugger is suddenly afraid. He runs off into the darkness, leaving Bruce with his dying parents.

BRUCE WAYNE
(with tears in his eyes)
Dad?...Mom?

THOMAS WAYNE
(whispering)
Bruce...be strong, son. Be strong.

birth_of_bat.gif

You could combine origins...

Have that jack murdock throws the fight and thereby the kingpin (small time hood at this point) is sent to kill when he gets outside. The wayne`s see this and thomas and martha rush to help. Kingpin fights off thomas and shoots him. He then shoots martha soi that there are no witnesses (he doesn`t notice bruce in the alley). While bruce cradles his dead parents a young matt murdock rushes to his dying father.

Great job EBJ. Looking forward to reading some more from you. I take it you post in the OU RP, I was thinking of picking up a character in that but god knows who.

Keep it up :up:

so is the rest of the story going to be like a script. i have no problem with it. but it would be nice if it was like a book or something

so is the rest of the story going to be like a script. i have no problem with it. but it would be nice if it was like a book or something
I don't do well with prose. It takes a lot more time, and with script-style, I can make short updates.

When I try to write in prose, I usually give up midway through.

(Which I haven't done with this! Honest! But this is the first I can REALLY get on the computer in the past week, so...:csad:)

FADE IN:

INT. KENT FARM - AFTERNOON

Clark walks through the door. He is perturbed and upset. He slouches down in the nearest chair. Martha walks in.

MARTHA
Clark...back so soon?

CLARK
(annoyed)
It's hopeless.

Martha walks over to Clark and puts a hand on his shoulder. She smiles faintly at him.

MARTHA
Now, Clark, you can't give up.

CLARK
(standing up abruptly)
Well, I don't know what to do! I've spent 5 years trying to figure this out...

Clark pulls out the crystal.

CLARK (CONT'D)
...and I'm no closer to understanding it now than I was then!

Clark tosses the crystal angrily at the wall before sitting back down.

CLARK
(burying his head in his hands)
I'm never going to find out where I come from or who I am.

Martha pauses for a second, but then sits down opposite Clark.

MARTHA
Maybe that's not such a bad thing.
(beat)
I mean...no matter who your real parents are, we're still your family. Isn't that enough?

CLARK
(shrugging)
I just...I wish I understood. Maybe it could explain why I have these abilities...
(beat)
...or what I'm supposed to do with them.

Jonathan walks in. He sees Clark at the table and the crystal on the ground. Jonathan bends down to pick it up.

JONATHAN
Still no luck?

Martha shakes her head.

JONATHAN (CONT'D)
What will you do now?

CLARK
I'll just forget about it. I'm Clark Kent. That's enough for now.

JONATHAN
(placing the crystal on the table)
What about this?

Clark looks up at it. His face is a combination of frustration and longing.

CLARK
There's no point in holding onto it. No one on this planet will ever help me unlock its secrets.
(beat)
I'll go dispose of it.

MARTHA
Where?

CLARK
Somewhere that no human can find it.

EXT. ANTARCTICA

Snow is blowing everywhere. Clark races in with his superspeed. In his hand is the crystal.

CLARK
This is where we part ways.

Clark pulls back and throws the crystal with all of his might. It goes sailing into the ice where it disappears. Clark waits a few moments where he is met by silence. Finally, he turns back around and prepares to leave. Before he can, however, a huge crack in the ice appears. Clark turns back to where he threw the crystal. Giant pillars of ice are rising up from the snow.

CLARK
(astonished)
No. Way.

design_fortress1.jpg

writing in prose does take time. that's why it's interesting to adapt somethin from a script into a prose. that's always entertaining.

it was good to see a new part. the only problem is that i feel like i waited 1 or 2 weeks and i feel like 1 part was so small. but can you give us and spoilers of whos origin is next

it was good to see a new part. the only problem is that i feel like i waited 1 or 2 weeks and i feel like 1 part was so small. but can you give us and spoilers of whos origin is next
It's only going to be a continuation of Supes, Cap, and Batman until their origins are finished.

Then I'll move on to the more "recent" additions.

cool. i cant wait for the captains next part. go ahead and right it but im not really looking forward to batmans next part just cause i dont think anything interesting happens next. well depending on how you make him want to be batman

These are actually pretty good. I like the fact that the Waynes were at a Jack Murdoch fight in Gotham. It'll be cool if Murdock turned out to be the mugger trying to make some extra bucks to get the Kingpin of his back for un paid debts and refusal to throw fights which ultimately leads to his murder-- i.e Batman vs Daredevil, a possible Daredevil/Catwoman affair, Batman vs Poison Ivy and Typhoid Mary, Elektra trained by Lady Shiva or even Ras al Gul leader of the hand. Dude you have opened a can of worms here

I've refocused my energy on a strictly Superman story. Check it out - I'm about to make an update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"