Online petition to save MERCY REEF!!!!!

BatB said:
Does anybody know how to make online banner links? It would be great to make some linked tot he trailer that we could spread all over the internet. Speaking of banners, I thought of something like an hour ago. Those of us without fear, should make huge banners, physical material banners. Put something like "SAVE AQUAMAN!" on it with a link to a site with the trailer. And hang them wherever we can. Im just sayin its an idea. :)

You got a couple hundred thousand dollars to spend? That's the least you're gonna need to pay for that advertising. Then you've got the legal fees after WB sues you for using their property. Good luck with that.

I watched the trailer and it looks like it could be cool as a movie of the week, but I just don't see it working as a TV show.

I heard that the show might possibly be picked up during midseason. And if anything, they'd turn the pilot episode as a tv-movie and see how it's received then before proceeding with the series. I found the trailer for Aquaman a lot more interesting than the trailer for Smallville's pilot. I didn't even watch SV's pilot till midway to season 2.

DOG LIPS said:
Meh, the show was a bad idea, the cast was odd, and it wouldn't have been able to compete with ...anything.. on other channels. Save it if you want, it will get canned a few weeks after that, only to be released on DVD 2 years later with a sticker on the front saying; "Contains all 13 episodes!! 11 NEVER before seen!!!"
LMFAO LOL:up: :D

Nautica7mk said:
I heard that the show might possibly be picked up during midseason. And if anything, they'd turn the pilot episode as a tv-movie and see how it's received then before proceeding with the series. I found the trailer for Aquaman a lot more interesting than the trailer for Smallville's pilot. I didn't even watch SV's pilot till midway to season 2.

I think that Mercy Reef was a decent enough premise (I hate the name though); and I like the gutsy idea of using a character that really hasn't been explored in depth before outside of the comic books.

If it is a mid-season pickup I hope that the extra time to "get it done right" will pay off.

I don't really care for the whole premise of the show. I say let it die.

1,500 signatures and the petition hasn't been up for a full week yet!!!!!!!

who likes aquaman?..I mean really

Can someone tell me where to find the trailer? That link on the first post doesn't work. :(

Here's a Newbish question: Can you delete posts? I'm trying to delete this one.

I'm someone who's visited these boards for a few years now but only now have I found an incentive to truly register.

Here's some important information though... if you truly want to save Aquaman then you need to look at the past and see what has worked before.

Way back when the original Star Trek was cancelled after two seasons legions of fans wrote in (remember this was back in the days before the internet) As we know the studio eventually conceded and gave them another season, but what's important is that out of the hundred thousands of letters the studio counted the petitions, which may have had 200-1000 names on them, petitions were counted as one letter. Meaning if you're serious about Aquaman go ahead and write a letter... maybe even 3 or 4... That will be a lot more effective than a petition. Imagine if everyone who signed the petition just up to this date wrote in 3-4 letters... The CW would be loaded with nearly 4000 letters at the minimum... and if you're writing multiple letters they don't have to vary drastically from one to the next.

I also believe the key should also be professionalism... not 'I want Aquaman. You suck CW' written on 50 pieces of paper sent out to the CW.

Also... Is it possible for someone to post a link to a streaming/flash version of the Aquaman trailer... I'm trying to access it from a library.

Dark Prophet said:
Here's a Newbish question: Can you delete posts? I'm trying to delete this one.

Nope, but you can edit them to make them say "edit", "nevermind", etc.

I continue to be puzzled by the need to save this show. Shows like Enterprise, Veronica Mars, Angel, and Firefly all had campaigns to save them, but they actually had a running tv show. Not a single episode of Aquaman has aired, but people are assuming from a quick trailer that its amazing and that CW is a bunch of idiots(I don't mean everyone is saying this, but I've seen a lot of posts that do), but no one even knows if the show is good or not! I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't understand it. I hated Birds of Prey and Tarzan, but I understood there were people who liked the show and wanted to save it, but here we have nothing. I agree that the pilot should be shown, maybe as a telemovie or dvd, I'd actually like to see it, but why such dedication to something you've seen a few minutes of footage?

Dark Prophet said:
I'm someone who's visited these boards for a few years now but only now have I found an incentive to truly register.

Here's some important information though... if you truly want to save Aquaman then you need to look at the past and see what has worked before.

Way back when the original Star Trek was cancelled after two seasons legions of fans wrote in (remember this was back in the days before the internet) As we know the studio eventually conceded and gave them another season, but what's important is that out of the hundred thousands of letters the studio counted the petitions, which may have had 200-1000 names on them, petitions were counted as one letter. Meaning if you're serious about Aquaman go ahead and write a letter... maybe even 3 or 4... That will be a lot more effective than a petition. Imagine if everyone who signed the petition just up to this date wrote in 3-4 letters... The CW would be loaded with nearly 4000 letters at the minimum... and if you're writing multiple letters they don't have to vary drastically from one to the next.

I also believe the key should also be professionalism... not 'I want Aquaman. You suck CW' written on 50 pieces of paper sent out to the CW.

Also... Is it possible for someone to post a link to a streaming/flash version of the Aquaman trailer... I'm trying to access it from a library.

Agreed. If you guys are gunna write a letter, for the love of God, please don't say anything nasty to or about the CW. They'll throw your letter away. Just let them know that you would like to see Aquaman this year or ask them to keep it as a midseason contender!!

BTW the petition is up to 1,800 signatures and it still hasn't even been up for a full week!!! Thats pretty amazing in my book. Keep it up!!!

I can't believe I'm up to 3,000 signatures!

Lighthouse said:
I continue to be puzzled by the need to save this show. Shows like Enterprise, Veronica Mars, Angel, and Firefly all had campaigns to save them, but they actually had a running tv show. Not a single episode of Aquaman has aired, but people are assuming from a quick trailer that its amazing and that CW is a bunch of idiots(I don't mean everyone is saying this, but I've seen a lot of posts that do), but no one even knows if the show is good or not! I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't understand it. I hated Birds of Prey and Tarzan, but I understood there were people who liked the show and wanted to save it, but here we have nothing. I agree that the pilot should be shown, maybe as a telemovie or dvd, I'd actually like to see it, but why such dedication to something you've seen a few minutes of footage?

i want this show, and ill tell u why. i have the 40 min pilot episode. lemme just say, its more than just aquaman we are fighting for. with shows like 7th heaven, gillmore girls, etc., we are fighting for better shows period, with aquaman the leading example of wat we could have. and frankly, i think even just the idea of an aquaman show, without the trailer or 40 min pilot, kicks 7th heavens ass.

asprin said:
i want this show, and ill tell u why. i have the 40 min pilot episode. lemme just say, its more than just aquaman we are fighting for. with shows like 7th heaven, gillmore girls, etc., we are fighting for better shows period, with aquaman the leading example of wat we could have. and frankly, i think even just the idea of an aquaman show, without the trailer or 40 min pilot, kicks 7th heavens ass.

agreed, i saw the pilot too. it's AWESOME :up::up:

The pilot was pretty good, but I guess they won't be able to mantain the visual style with a normal tv budget, so it would be going worse. And I think this would be something like "Smallville under the water" with a new marine monster coming to town every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"