World Spider-Man Balloon Petition - Please Help!

walternewell

Civilian
Reaction score
To those who are interested, here's the story. A few months ago, I wrote a petition with the intention of getting the Spider-Man balloon back into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, or failing that, put in a Marvel Comics-themed float in the parade. After a lull in activity, I have been making some considerable progress. However, I found out recently that DC Comics is in negotiations with Macy's, possibly to get their own spot in the parade. If this happens, there could be some problems in getting the balloon back into the parade. Now, I'm asking you, as a fellow Spider-Man fan, to sign my petition the minute you read this thread, and spread the word along to anyone and everyone you know who would be interested.

Here is the link:
http://www.petitiononline.com/mrvl2099/petition.html

Thanks for your consideration to this matter.:spidey:

One other thing. Please feel free to post any comments you may have regarding my petition. Thank you.:spidey:

0628-065836-01_P.jpg
Okay, here it is!

UPDATE: The current total is now...99 signatures, with comic-book artist Frank Cho adding his support! Keep on signing, true believers!:spidey:

walternewell said:
0628-065836-01_P.jpg
Okay, here it is!
I mis that sight. I remember my stepmom waking me up on Thanksgiving morning just so I wouldn't miss the balloon.:spidey:

the link doesnt work for me

I signe and did my part... I just hope that this year when I'm stuffing my face with Turkey and Cranberry Sauce I get to see Pete floating down NY...

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
I signe and did my part... I just hope that this year when I'm stuffing my face with Turkey and Cranberry Sauce I get to see Pete floating down NY...
and that as they say makes two of us:spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey:

The current total is now...150 signatures! However, I'm starting to see signs that progress is slowing. Can we please try to pick up the pace a little bit?

i seem to remember the original spidey ballon being damaged in a parade one year is that why it hasn't been around?

To be honest, I don't know why they took it out in the first place. If there is anyone who knows, please feel free to let me know. In the meantime, keep showing your support!

UPDATE: The current total is now 182 signatures! Let's keep up the support! I also intend to get in touch with Marvel and Macy's this weekend, and I'll let you know what happens from there!

walternewell said:
To be honest, I don't know why they took it out in the first place. If there is anyone who knows, please feel free to let me know. In the meantime, keep showing your support!
i think i answered that in post#12

Have any of you ever known an onliene petition to be effective? I remember signing the one to get Sony to put mechanical webshooters in the movie (back when that actually bothered me) & we all know how that turned out.

Chris Wallace said:
Have any of you ever known an onliene petition to be effective? I remember signing the one to get Sony to put mechanical webshooters in the movie (back when that actually bothered me) & we all know how that turned out.
This, Mr. Wallace, will be different, I can assure you. I certainly do not want to spend another Thanksgiving without the wall-crawler in the parade. In fact, I am going to get in touch with the people at Marvel and Macy's to get my point across. In the meantime, I'm going to keep the petition up for as long as I can until my goal has been reached. In the meantime, let's keep up the support, people!

P.S. Current # of signatures -- 188!

I'm a man with a plan, and I ain't gonna lose!

walternewell said:
This, Mr. Wallace, will be different, I can assure you. I certainly do not want to spend another Thanksgiving without the wall-crawler in the parade. In fact, I am going to get in touch with the people at Marvel and Macy's to get my point across. In the meantime, I'm going to keep the petition up for as long as I can until my goal has been reached. In the meantime, let's keep up the support, people!

P.S. Current # of signatures -- 188!

I'm a man with a plan, and I ain't gonna lose!
That's crazy! That's nothing. You should have WAY more sigs than that! There are lots of places where people are discussing Spidey... how many have you posted to? I'll bet even boards that are not just comic related would work. You need to spread this around!

Captivated said:
That's crazy! That's nothing. You should have WAY more sigs than that! There are lots of places where people are discussing Spidey... how many have you posted to? I'll bet even boards that are not just comic related would work. You need to spread this around!
true enough but some message boards don't allow posts that arent specific tothe topic/ character the boards are about
for example the city of heroes boards only allow pists regarding the game or its characters

Captivated said:
Believe me, Captivated, I have been doing everything I can to spread the word around. I've discussed this on www.spidermancrawlspace.com, www.hcrealms.com, forums.comicbookresources.com, http://spiderman2004.blogspot.com, and a number of other places as well. I have certainly not been sitting on my laurels!

Current # of signatures: 191!

UPDATE: The current total is now...198 signatures! I also made an attempt to get in touch with Marvel and Macy's and hope to hear from them soon!

UPDATE: I have just reached the 200 mark on my petition, but I had to void one of the signatures, since I found it to be slightly offensive. I know this sounds harsh, but I take this petition very seriously, and I would like to try and make a good impression when I deliver this petition to Marvel and Macy's.
Otherwise, keep signing.

3dman27 said:
i seem to remember the original spidey ballon being damaged in a parade one year is that why it hasn't been around?

It was an extremely windy day, and the guys holding the ropes were having a hard time keeping the balloon in the air, it fell and hurt several people...i think there might even have been a death involved, im not 100% sure...

I remember Joe Quesada mentioning that he was in talks to get the balloon back in the parade about two years ago, but so far, nothing has come of it.

Have online petitions ever worked on something like this?

Also, I douibt that Macy really cares what a handful of fans think about a spierman baloon the hurt a buncha people...

SouLeSS said:
Have online petitions ever worked on something like this?

Also, I doubt that Macy really cares what a handful of fans think about a spiderman baloon that hurt a buncha people...

Take my word for it, SouLeSS. This petition will work, and once I have enough signatures under my belt, Macy's will care what the fans think, and they may even realize that there could be some bucks to be made if they comply.:spidey:

CaptainStacy said:
It was an extremely windy day, and the guys holding the ropes were having a hard time keeping the balloon in the air, it fell and hurt several people...i think there might even have been a death involved, im not 100% sure...

I remember Joe Quesada mentioning that he was in talks to get the balloon back in the parade about two years ago, but so far, nothing has come of it.
could it be the balloon was removed as part of an out of court setllement regardin the incident?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"