Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME : Appreciation Thread

I'd let Bumblebee go up against him. Bumblebee is a strong son of a gun so I don't see him going down too easily.

Honestly, Bumblebee wouldnt last long against Meg's in both the cartoon and the movie, Meg's is just too many levels above him, i love BB, but he would have no chance.

Okay, just for the record, who is the strongest between Jazz & Bumblebee?

Jazz is the better and more experienced fighter IMO, Jazz is older as well, so Jazz would probably put up a better fight than Bumblebee against Meg's, and we all know how that one turned out.

Optimus Prime is the best equipped to face Megatron, simple as. Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod and Jazz arent scared of Megatron, but they would most likely not beat him either (in the animated movie, though Hot Rod gave a good account of himself in the fight against Galvatron, he would have died if he didnt grab the Matrix and become Rodimus Prime).

I know Bumblebee isn't stronger but that doesn't mean they have to make him get totally owned.

Does anyone have a picture of Galvatron?

^He would get totally owned though, Megatron is a whole other level above BB.

Prime is the best equipped to fight him, so thats he always does, Prime doesnt always win either, plenty of times he has lost against Meg's.

As for a pic of Galvatron, just check out the 1984 Animated movie.

I'll just chime in with my $0.02. I'm going by the tv show personalities, which is what the movie SHOULD have used as a guideline.

Bumblebee would get pummeled by Megatron. If I remember correctly, Bumblebee's primary function was reconnoissance not fighting.

Ironhide would be more likely to jump into a fight with Megs then Jazz.

I don't see Hot Rod being strong enough to take on Megs. I think he's more on par with Jazz. It would only be after he became Rodimus that he became stronger.

I always thought that Ultra Magnus was bigger than Optimus, but Optimus was still stronger.

Brawn is the strongest of the smaller Autobots. He would jump into a fight with Megs.

Autobots that are stronger than Optimus; All the Dinobots (except maybe Swoop), all the bases, and all the gestalts.

^T.V show Jazz was Prime's lieutenant as well though wasnt he? I'm pretty sure he jumped into fights with Meg's without hesitation.

As far as i remember Ultra Magnus and Prime were the same size but Prime was stronger slightly. And Hot Rod put up a good fight against Galvatron, though in fairness, if it wasnt for him grabbing the Matrix he probably would have died.

Grimlock was the strongest of the Autobots wasnt he?

Cant remember properly you may be right.

How old is Peter Cullen? Just wondered since he's signed on for all three.

He looked younger than i thought he would on the extra's, i'd guess around early to mid 60's from his look on the DVD, but he may be older.

00-2_Trans_OptimusPrime.jpg

http://www.steveandersondesign.com/gallery.php?entry=gal/Misc/00-2_Trans_OptimusPrime.jpg

I can't bring myself to get excited for designs like this. They're so busy, they just look like something that belongs on a kid's bedroom set.

However, with this one I did notice one kind of cool detail if you look to the right side, above "Transformers" and the word "Optimus", you'll see a shape which to me looks like an outline of the G1 Megatron gun mode per the original show.

Nice touch.

-Vaportrail

^I'm glad they updated the designs and i think they all look brilliant, the old desings would have been too clunky looking and not modern enough, it was update that worked IMO.

I was just messing around, and i was seeing how OP would look without the flames. While i was all for the new design, i always hated the flames, not because it didn't look cool, but because you didn't really have a distinct red part and a distinct blue part. From a far, it all looks kinda purple. I must say, i kinda like teh sans flames look. If they wanted to keep the flames, they could have had ghost flames where it was the same color.

1165581625_6073e.jpg
1165581625_6073.jpg

He does look closer to comics/cartoon Prime without the flames though, so i wouldnt mind if they got rid of them and gave us a design like the one you posted MOS.

^^^ Didn't Unicron destroy Megatron and then turned him into Galvatron?

Mind you, I've only watched the animated movie once, haha.

Well, I'm not sure because I don't know a hell of a lot about Unicron. I recently learned about Unicron & I'd love to see him in one of these movies, if not more.

The Movie version of Optimus Prime is very reminiscent to that of Optimus Primal's Cybertronian appearance .

DawnOfFuturesPastOptimusPrimal.jpg

I'm hoping all of these pictures are proof that Optimus will be able to stand up to Megatron this time, I wanna see Optimus unleashed and taking out multiple Decepticons at once like he always did in the comics and cartoon.

Awesome pics here. Especially the digital one. Optimus rocks! Hell yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"