Orange is the new Black

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Bruce Malone, Jul 22, 2013.

1. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster The Night He Came Home...

I didn't end up feeling much for this season.

Was oddly sad to see Piscatella die. He had some moments of humanity and I thought he shouldn't have gone that way. Meanwhile, I came out of this season really just wanting to get rid of Piper. She basically added nothing. I also ended up outright hating Tasti. I get why she did the things she did, but it wasn't enough for me to not end up disliking her for them more than anything.

Seems they may be taking things in a different direction next season, so I'm interested to see it, but considering how lackluster I found this one, I hope the infuse it with some change, or that this next one is the last one.

2. James

James Built from Lego

Other than Leanne and Angie being incredibly annoying, I really enjoyed season 5. Some really stellar performances, especially Uzo Aduba (Suzanne) and Danielle Brooks (Taystee) -both acted the hell out of this season.

We also got to see some background on my favorite character, Rita, which was awesome. And I always enjoy seeing Morello lose her mind over something.

The ending was really interesting, I'm excited to see where they take it in season 6.

Piscatella's conclusion was a bit out of left field, but I'm glad to see him go nonetheless.

Also I'm totally in the camp of getting rid of Piper. Or at least, giving her less and less screen time. I definitely appreciate that the show has become much less about her over time, and become an ensemble affair. It's hard to find her character interesting when there are so many other compelling characters that make Piper (and even Vaus) bland by comparison.

3. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

I wasn't a fan of this season, though it had some great moments in it. Danielle Brooks needs an Emmy nomination next year for her work.

Piscatella's story frustrated me. That stuff with Red was gross, and his flashbacks felt incomplete and now we won't even get to finish them. What was the point?

4. James

James Built from Lego

Hey, you're right! They definitely needed at least one more flashback to complete his story. It's like they forgot about it. We see him meet the inmate he befriends, the guy gets beaten, he punishes one of the attackers and then...

That's it. No closure! Pretty sloppy.

5. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

It is? He killed a guard. Okay, who? I figured the point of his flashback was to actually see that. Unless he's miraculously not dead next season.

6. Havok83

Havok83 Registered

This was arguably the best season. It was amazing from beginning to end and Im shocked they kept me entertained considering the riot encompassed the entire thing. The minimal focus on Alex and Piper helped as they were played out years ago.

7. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Registered

Damn. Did no one watch the latest season?

I just got done with it and I thought that it was good, but a bit unsatisfying and unresolved at the end. I guess we'll have to wait for next season to get the resolution I'm sure everyone's looking for [BLACKOUT]for Taystee and Caputo[/BLACKOUT].

8. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Registered

9. Kaleb

Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

10. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Registered

Well hopefully they're going to resolve Taystee's story.

11. See Cap Run

See Cap Run Registered

I figured I'd resurrect this thread since the final season is out now. Thoughts?

12. See Cap Run

See Cap Run Registered

Bueller? Bueller? :cwink:

13. KaijuDude1992

KaijuDude1992 Registered

This final season was great and very emotional IMO. I never full on cried, but there were at least a couple of moments where I came really close to.

Kev4000 likes this.
  14. Calvin Ellis

Calvin Ellis Kal-El of Earth 23

For me I'm just glad it's over. To me it's a good show but should've ended a while ago.