The Avengers Our director: Joss Whedon!

Whedon did a heck of a job... I wasn't a fan of his work, as I just didn't have an interest in Buffy/whatnot, but the Avengers is EASILY the best movie EVER!!! Can't wait to see it again!!!

I saw it @ Downtown Disney, in the ETX theatre and WOW, was I impressed!!! 3-story screen, digital picture, and digital surround sound... EPIC.

The thing is though, i think his Cap was a purposeful satire. 616 Cap represents the great things about American patriotism. Ultimate Cap represents some of the darker elements. The far right jingo side.

And i view his Hulk as not just Banner's inner anger, but his inner most desires. All of them. His lust is amplified. His rage. Everything. I think Millar views Hulk as a manifestation of all of Banner's deepest darkest desires. He's a nerd, not good with women, the stereotype of that kind of person is someone who is secretly a deviant who masterbates 10 times a day. Millar plays up that aspect.

I can see why people don't like it, but i think it's interesting.

By the way, for those that dont know Whedon well, but dont want to go right now trough his series but are still curious... I recomend Doctor Horrible´s Sing Along Blog: its only 40 minutes long, its a brilliant short superhero musical about the villain, the girl he secretely loves and the hero that always brings him down: its easily found on youtube.

Neal Patrick Harris, Felicia Day and Nathan Fillion star.

I cant really recomend it enough.

By the way, for those that dont know Whedon well, but dont want to go right now trough his series but are still curious... I recomend Doctor Horrible´s Sing Along Blog: its only 40 minutes long, its a brilliant short superhero musical about the villain, the girl he secretely loves and the hero that always brings him down: its easily found on youtube.

cosign. everyone needs to watch it, ESPECIALLY comicbook superhero fans. and extra especially for new whedon believers.

there's a lot of depth in this short film

Hahah that's great.

I went to a "Cabin" screening too because a buddy of mine grew up with Drew in New Mexico. Drew is funny like that, I remember when we were hanging out with him afterwards having a drink, he was talking about how nervous he gets doing those Q and A's. This one guy in the audience made some snarky comment about Cloverfield and how he wanted his money back. Drew gave him a $20. LOL ..... I booed the guy so hard for hating on that movie.

I made sure to save all my Avengers prodding until later in the night. I knew he wasn't going to tell me too much ...... apparently Drew has seen The Avengers four times already lol .....

That's awesome!

Yeah, Drew was very cool and gracious about all of the questions. Funny guy too. He pretty much just go praise throughout our Q&A. Well deserved too since the movie was freaking grand.

I'm jealous you got to have drinks with him. Must have been a blast!

read ultimates 1 and 2 last night, great story.

I said the same thing a few years back and got blasted. To many wanted things based more off the 616 Universe and Shield shouldn't be a part of it and blah blah blah. The Ultimate universe is easier to adapt into a film cause The 616 universe is just so convoluted due to the decades it's been out. That's my opinion though.

Ultimates are a great read. Back when Mark Millar was at the top of his game.

I don't think the ultimates does everything better, but in finding a coherent way to get all these disparate personalities together, The Ultimate version makes a lot more sense (even the Avengers cartoon used it before branching off into more 616 fare for the rest of the series). In 616, they just kind of all one day decide to be BFFs and work together. In the Ultimate universe, a series of major global crises pull them together and a shady government organization forces all these egotistical primadonnas to work together. And given they're all used to being the leader in the room, they're personalities are going to clash hard.

It works well. I mean the movie did use elements of 616 as well (like the name :oldrazz: ). I just think from a broad story structure POV, it made sense for this movie.

That's truly great. But I also must recommend Serenity first. It is better if you watch Firefly before the movie (there were only 15 episodes), but the movie can stand by itself just fine. DHSAB is clearly more fringe in its humor given its intentionally and hilariously low Youtube-sized budget and musical style. I think starting with Serenity and then going there makes the most sense.

Please direct The Avengers 2!

But I wouldn't be surprise if he will not comeback just like the director of Thor and Captain America.

Branagh is still going to be a producer on Thor2

I think he'll come back. He has a vision for the Avengers, Marvel knows what they have in Joss and I don't think creative differences will enter the fray. They'll give him the bullet points of what needs to be in there and he'll flesh it out and do his avengers magic. 2015 can't get here soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"