Homecoming Out with the amazing and in with the Marvel Lounge - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I can now upgrade my avatar, and plan on submitting a request to the geniuses in the Avatar thread. Buit I can't decide what to go with, so I'm just going to ask for some advice. Which one do you all like best?

gambit.gif

you-can-call-me-al-o.gif

tumblr_loq3f8K2eP1qlv2xjo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I want to continue my drawing of spidey swinging down the street but I don't what building designs to use :( :(

Y'know, I actually think Fantastic Four looks pretty cool!

Y'know, I actually think Fantastic Four looks pretty cool!
I would make a snide, Patriots related comment about your taste but..... I actually agree with you. :woot:

So, I can now upgrade my avatar, and plan on submitting a request to the geniuses in the Avatar thread. Buit I can't decide what to go with, so I'm just going to ask for some advice. Which one do you all like best?

gambit.gif

you-can-call-me-al-o.gif

tumblr_loq3f8K2eP1qlv2xjo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'd go with Murray.

The only thing that's off about FF to me is Miles Teller, but I'm hoping he surprises me.

I think this is really a chance for him to prove his range as an actor, as none of his previous roles I've seen have really been Reed Richards-esque. He's an awesome actor though, and I think he'll definitely pull it off regardless of if the movie is any good (btw, haven't seen whiplash yet, but I'm hoping too soon)

gambit.gif
I like Gumbo the most.

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 3.gif
    3.gif
    29.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 6.gif
    6.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 162
I think this is really a chance for him to prove his range as an actor, as none of his previous roles I've seen have really been Reed Richards-esque. He's an awesome actor though, and I think he'll definitely pull it off regardless of if the movie is any good (btw, haven't seen whiplash yet, but I'm hoping too soon)

That's exactly why I said I hope he proves me wrong - I genuinely like him as an actor. I mean, I'm assuming they saw something in him that made them give him that role, but I guess I've just been too used to seeing him in a particular manner.

I'm behind the studio after DOFP, especially. I trust that they know what they're doing. I also don't like it when people let previous films cast a shadow on a new series.

That's exactly why I said I hope he proves me wrong - I genuinely like him as an actor. I mean, I'm assuming they saw something in him that made them give him that role, but I guess I've just been too used to seeing him in a particular manner.

I'm behind the studio after DOFP, especially. I trust that they know what they're doing. I also don't like it when people let previous films cast a shadow on a new series.

He's a really cool guy, and he's been on Trank's mind for Reed for a while apparently. But yea like you said, performance wise it's a little tough picturing him in the role with what we've seen so far. Hopefully he's awesome in the role! :woot:

I think Simon Kinberg's a smarter and more creative-minded than a lot of people give him credit for, I really hope the film succeeds, that way he'll have a pretty nice MCU of his own running with more than just the muties. Plus, they could do some awesome things with galactus and silver surfer spinoffs.

I think Simon Kinberg's a smarter and more creative-minded than a lot of people give him credit for, I really hope the film succeeds, that way he'll have a pretty nice MCU of his own running with more than just the muties. Plus, they could do some awesome things with galactus and silver surfer spinoffs.

Agreed.

After all, he was also the producer of one of my favorite films, one that I think was rather underrated: Jumper. I never understood the hate that film received.

He showed some love to Raimi's Spidey back in May as well, since he was discussing the challenge of rebooting a series:

People have a very different relationship to the Fantastic Four movies than they had to Raimi’s ‘Spider-Man’ movies. And Raimi’s ‘Spider-Man’ movies — and that first ‘Spider-Man’ movie — is a beloved movie that sort of redefined, tonally, sort of what comic book movies could do. There had been other superhero movies, like ‘X-Men,’ but Raimi’s Spider-Man had a joyfulness to it that was unique, I think, to the genre. So, rebooting a movie that was beloved less than ten years after it had come out is challenging. So, we approach ‘Fantastic Four’ with a different set of challenges.

http://screenrant.com/fantastic-four-x-men-shared-universe/

I bet studios have observed Sony's implosion and got a blueprint of what not to do with a reboot :oldrazz:

the jan/feb fan art contests are back and this theme is Deadpool +1!
there are some great hype prizes you can win (larger avvy, for instance), but you can also win a Deadpool t-shirt.

The possibilities are endless with characters you can team up with the Merc with a Mouth? Let's see what you can come up with!
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=491427

Question for my home boys:

I really enjoy Arrow, I've been watching it from the beginning and I think it's a fantastic show. The Flash is starting to grow on me with each episode, but still nowhere near Arrow's caliber. Should I start watching Gotham?

Question for my home boys:

I really enjoy Arrow, I've been watching it from the beginning and I think it's a fantastic show. The Flash is starting to grow on me with each episode, but still nowhere near Arrow's caliber. Should I start watching Gotham?
Ehhh well in my opinion it doesn't even come close to the quality (story-wise) of either Arrow or Flash, but I still enjoy the show for the most part. Opinion seems to be pretty mixed too.. I'd at least give it a shot, watch a couple episodes and see if you want to continue from there. I really do enjoy it. :up:

The only thing that's off about FF to me is Miles Teller, but I'm hoping he surprises me.

I think he'll be fine. He's a really good actor. The thing about him is that he wouldn't even come up as one of my choices for Reed Richards. I'm not saying he's ugly or anything, but he has a rather unconventional look for a leading man. As I said though, it's a pretty good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"