Homecoming Out with the amazing and in with the Marvel Lounge - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for my home boys:

I really enjoy Arrow, I've been watching it from the beginning and I think it's a fantastic show. The Flash is starting to grow on me with each episode, but still nowhere near Arrow's caliber. Should I start watching Gotham?

It depends. Personally, I love Gotham, but everyone has different tastes (i.e. I prefer Flash to Arrow)

I really enjoy Arrow, I've been watching it from the beginning and I think it's a fantastic show. The Flash is starting to grow on me with each episode, but still nowhere near Arrow's caliber. Should I start watching Gotham?

I love Arrow (and the flash) and I have high hopes for Gotham in the future, but at the moment, for me personally, it just isn't there yet. It suffers from season 1 boring set-up syndrome, but Agents of Shield was going through the same issues last year and now is must watch tv for me.

I think Jim Gordon in the show is awesome and so is Cobblepot, especially Cobblepot. Currently though it just doesn't do it for me yet as a whole, but I have no reason to doubt that it could get a lot better later on seeing as arrow and AoS and a lot of other shows in general grow to be awesome shows after ok first seasons

It depends. Personally, I love Gotham, but everyone has different tastes (i.e. I prefer Flash to Arrow)

I love "The Flash" and Arrow is kinda boring sometimes but i like it...

While I love flash and I only watched like the first 8 episodes of arrow and found it kind of dull and boring and have not watched arrow sinces then so to me flash is head and shoulders better then arrow. Now gotham is very up and down to me. Like half the episodes are pretty good but the another half are just terable and boring.

While I love flash and I only watched like the first 8 episodes of arrow and found it kind of dull and boring and have not watched arrow sinces then so to me flash is head and shoulders better then arrow. Now gotham is very up and down to me. Like half the episodes are pretty good but the another half are just terable and boring.

The first half of season one is slow and rather generic, but by the end of the season it hooks ya, and season 2 continues that momentum. You may enjoy it when once it gets good dude, I sure love it

I think he'll be fine. He's a really good actor. The thing about him is that he wouldn't even come up as one of my choices for Reed Richards. I'm not saying he's ugly or anything, but he has a rather unconventional look for a leading man. As I said though, it's a pretty good choice.

That's my point. It's probably, if not the most, one of the most random CBM castings I've seen. I never would have imagined him as Mr. Fantastic. However, he's acknowledged in many interviews that it's different from what he's used to, so I'm sure he's been working his tail off for the role.

You can already sense the different vibe in his character even in the few seconds of him that we see in the trailer.

I WANT THIS ROOM!:
this guy seems like a pretty big spidey fan :up:
http://doctorspidey.tumblr.com/
tumblr_nj0t19mTsH1szu1nso1_540.jpg

Last edited:
I finally watched Jake Gyllenhaal's Enemy a couple of nights ago.

Great film!

I finally watched Jake Gyllenhaal's Enemy a couple of nights ago.

Great film!

That movie was so confusing, but if you re-watch it a few times, you get it (unless you got it on your first watch, and if so then congrats you magnificent bathturp (yes, that's not a word and yes I'm being PG. :oldrazz:)).

It was definitely great, nonetheless.

That movie was so confusing, but if you re-watch it a few times, you get it (unless you got it on your first watch, and if so then congrats you magnificent bathturp (yes, that's not a word and yes I'm being PG. :oldrazz:)).

It was definitely great, nonetheless.

In that case, I must be a magnificent bathturp :shr:

All jokes aside, I was confused at moments here and there as well; I just had to pause a few times times, give it some thought, and regather my footing.

I tempered my expectations because it has mixed reviews, but I'm glad I decided to watch it!

I was looking for this thread in the TASM2 section. :p

Anyone else here looking forward to Kingsman? It's gotten good reviews, and it looks awesome. Plus, I hear it's the ultimate film to watch James Bond fans.

Anyone else here looking forward to Kingsman? It's gotten good reviews, and it looks awesome. Plus, I hear it's the ultimate film to watch James Bond fans.
Kingsman does look great! I've heard a lot of people predicting the main kid as a future Bond.

And Maooz, are you prepared for all the inevitable "feeling deflated" jokes that will be coming if your Pats lose tonight?

Lots of crap will be coming my way if the Pats lose tonight. I don't know if I'm ready. I need this win!!!

It's like, getting critical acclaim by some. And it looks so freaking awesome! I gotta see that

Lots of crap will be coming my way if the Pats lose tonight. I don't know if I'm ready. I need this win!!!

I'm on your side.

This is the best matchup we've had in a long time, in my opinion.

Edit: Even though Seattle played Denver last year, I just wasn't feeling it as much as I am today.

I'm on your side.

This is the best matchup we've had in a long time, in my opinion.

Edit: Even though Seattle played Denver last year, I just wasn't feeling it as much as I am today.
Well, by all rights, Denver vs Seattle should have been an amazing game (top defense vs top offence, veteren quarterback vs young blood) and we all know how that turned out. :whatever: Let's hope this year lives up to the hype.

Sometime in the future, I want Lady Deathstrike in an X-Men movie again. I loved that fight scene in X2.

Sometime in the future, I want Lady Deathstrike in an X-Men movie again. I loved that fight scene in X2.

Well her assumed death isn't canon anymore considering Jean is still alive and X2 likely never happened, so it's definitely a possibility, and she was so awesome in X2.

Personally, I really really wanna see Singer handle Ellen Page's Kitty Pryde. She's one of my favorite comic book characters ever and Page is so awesome in the role, one of the only good things about X3.

Well her assumed death isn't canon anymore considering Jean is still alive and X2 likely never happened, so it's definitely a possibility, and she was so awesome in X2.

Personally, I really really wanna see Singer handle Ellen Page's Kitty Pryde. She's one of my favorite comic book characters ever and Page is so awesome in the role, one of the only good things about X3.

In general, Singer should focus on characters that haven't been used that much, e.g. Kitty, Cyclops, STORM

In general, Singer should focus on characters that haven't been used that much, e.g. Kitty, Cyclops, STORM

My dream is actually for Kitty to show up in wolverine 2 in a team up similar to Joel and Ellie from Last of Us.

And singer should direct the x-men/ff team up if ff succeeds. Storm would be leading a team consisting of the F4, Cyclops, Kitty, Colussus, Bobby Drake and Rogue; cyclops and Reed could butt heads over strategical viewpoints, friendships could be developed between Drake and Torch as well as Kitty and Sue, Grimm and Collussus could be the muscle. Bring back the original cast, and bring on a big space villain like Annhilus or possibly even galactus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"