Pan's Labyrinth

So, this isn't in any theaters near me...so I'm wondering, any DVD word yet?

I'm thinking it'll have an April or May release...I hope sooner.

CAH

I just read on IMDB the US dvd release is May 1st.

It'll still expand more as the weeks go on, you still may get to see it in theatres.

This movie is absolutely brilliant. A thought provoking, moving look at the dynamics of war and religion played out alongside of Del Toro's very unique, innovative visual style.
I loved Blade 2 and Hellboy, but this is definitely Del Toro's masterpiece. I was completely engaged throughout and moved to tears by the end. Visionaries like Guillermo remind me of why I fell in love with cinema so strongly in the first place.

Great movie (better than the Godfather as some posters say....not even in the same league) but a great movie.

It really is a contender for best picture of the year in my book. It certainly deserves a best pic nod more than Babel and The Queen, two highly overrated films but it better win best foreign film at least.

Great movie (better than the Godfather as some posters say....not even in the same league) but a great movie.

Indeed not, it's in a much higher one.

Too bad The Godfather wasn't half as good as many make it out to be.
I think people cling to the alleged greatness of that film more out of nostalgia than actual quality. The Godfather doesn't have a tenth of the emotional resonance of this film, or many others.

So, what do you think guys?
Was Ofelia Imagining all or it was real?

So, what do you think guys?
Was Ofelia Imagining all or it was real?

I thought that everything was real, and when she died at the end, she went to her true father's kingdom. It is considered a fantasy movie, so I guess that's what happened.

Btw, I gave it 4/4 stars. :up:

I thought that everything was real, and when she died at the end, she went to her true father's kingdom. It is considered a fantasy movie, so I guess that's what happened.

Btw, I gave it 4/4 stars. :up:

I think that the end is very ambiguous and if it is the reality or her imagination it depends on each person because like Del Toro said: "If you are a materialistic person, then you would worry about the body of Ophelia when she dies, but if you are not a materialistic person, you will celebrate that its spirit has reborned and that now she will live on the correct way".

I think that the end is very ambiguous and if it is the reality or her imagination it depends on each person because like Del Toro said: "If you are a materialistic person, then you would worry about the body of Ophelia when she dies, but if you are not a materialistic person, you will celebrate that its spirit has reborned and that now she will live on the correct way".

I like that.

I am more for the second option.
How about you, Gonking?

I like that.

I am more for the second option.
How about you, Gonking?

I don't know yet. That's what I thinking about since I saw the movie. It's very hard to decide.

The problem is that I consider myself a rational person so following that way of thinking I have to say that it's all her imagination. But, at the same time, I really want to think that all was real.

I don't know yet. That's what I thinking about since I saw the movie. It's very hard to decide.

The problem is that I consider myself a rational person so following that way of thinking I have to say that it's all her imagination. But, at the same time, I really want to think that all was real.

I would say the same, but just the fact that Pan and everything that Ofelia had to do was real made me believe that everything that happened her death was real and not imagination. Surely, she wasn't imagining since the Captain found the plant and the plant burning caused her mother to die.

I would say the same, but just the fact that Pan and everything that Ofelia had to do was real made me believe that everything that happened her death was real and not imagination. Surely, she wasn't imagining since the Captain found the plant and the plant burning caused her mother to die.

Yes, that scene may prove that all was real, but I still have my doubts. Maybe it was just coincidence. That's one of the best things of the movie, everything could be.

I saw this movie last night and Pan's Labyrinth was Great. I give it 5 out of 5!

sovuponushv8.jpg

Yes, that scene may prove that all was real, but I still have my doubts. Maybe it was just coincidence. That's one of the best things of the movie, everything could be.

Yeah. I enjoy movies were there is no definite thing and it allows your imagination to come up with a result.

I feel embarassed to ask.....is Pans Labyrinth in subtitles?

Im ashamed i havent seen it yet :(

Saw this last night, might have to see it again on DVD to truly enjoy it and see things I may have missed. A couple beside me once they saw the film was in Spanish and in subtitles, took out their cell phones and started texting. They watched some of the violent parts but since they had to read to better understand what was going on they left halfway through. Excellent film however.

The DVD is released on the 12th of March in the UK

I is all opinion but I must say one who says Godfather has no emotional resonance needs to quit watching movies. Just stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"