Can you go to the movies by yourself?

Surprisingly good question. Common sense says that going to the movies is one of the most popular social things to do. It becomes more than just seeing a movie, it's about hanging out with others.

For me personally, going alone just feels odd. I like that I can just focus on the movie, but I rather have other people there watching the same thing with me. It adds more to the overall experience. Although if its a movie I really want to see, and no one wants to go, then yeah I'll go alone.

Seeing really bad movies by yourself= not so fun.

Seeing really bad movies with others= a blast.

I usually see movies alone.

At night time after the final shows are coming to an end I put on a movie and watch it to make sure that an upcoming release is undamaged, or put together correctly, or is played at a suitable volume setting etc. Then I shut down the projector, turn off the lights, set the alarm, lock the building and go home. Or in the morning I arrive, let myself in, thread up a movie and jam on my screen test before the first shows of the day.

Silly hours really, but a job's a job and I'm the someone who has to do it. :word:

I have no problem going to the movie by myself. But I'll only go if I'm really have nothing to do and really really want to see the movie! The last time I did that was to watch Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Chest. Otherwise I just wait till it goes in DVD or pay per view.

I usually go with friends, but I also go to movies by myself.

I go alone quite often, but I'm friendly with the staff, so A. It doesn't cost anything, and B. It usually coincides with a friend ending a shift.

It's about 50/50 for me. I always take my girlfriend to event movies (especially in the summer) but during those fall/winter months there are always films that I say hell yeah and she says hell no so I have no trouble going alone.

I have no problem going by myself. I go to movies to see the movies rather than for the hangout factor.

This is a good question. :)

No...I honestly can't go to the movies by myself...I'd feel lonely. :p

I hate when I have to see a movie with someone I know.
I want to get immersed in the film and...I seem to be the only one who wants that.
I've even told chicks nicely, "Now I really want to get into the movie so let's not talk once the previews are over, k? We'll wait until afterwards to talk about it...k?"
And they agree.
12 minutes in..."Psst...why did she just DO that?!? Was that the dad she did that to or the other guy?"

GAWD!:cmad:

I saw 300 by myself. It was the first time in like years. I enjoyed myself. I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Of course nothing beats going like on those first few dates with a girl to a movie you could care less to see. *sigh*

I saw 300 by myself. It was the first time in like years. I enjoyed myself. I wouldn't mind doing it again.

Of course nothing beats going like on those first few dates with a girl to a movie you could care less to see. *sigh*

Ha, one of my only awkward "dating" experiences was long ago, we went to see "Multiplicity". lol

We couldn't even muster a "huh....that was okay."
She just went to the restroom when it ended and then asked if I wanted to go to the park. :huh:

It was like Multiplicity had been molesting her for years so no one ever wanted to talk about it. It never happened.

I've seen two movies by myself, Resident Evil and Batman Begins. It's okay but I really perfer to go with my sister so we can nerdily disscuss the movie afterward.

I usually go alone or sometimes with my brother, what about school friends, they love only dumb spoof flicks as Scary Movie.

Ha, one of my only awkward "dating" experiences was long ago, we went to see "Multiplicity". lol

We couldn't even muster a "huh....that was okay."
She just went to the restroom when it ended and then asked if I wanted to go to the park. :huh:

It was like Multiplicity had been molesting her for years so no one ever wanted to talk about it. It never happened.
Godzilla was one of the best movie experiences of my life. :o

But onto the topic at hand, with the onslaught of the Summer movies almost upon us, it saddens me that I have to do my best to immerse myself within the movies amongst the kids, teenagers who need to comment during every second of the movie.

I usually go alone or sometimes with my brother, what about school friends, they love only dumb spoof flicks as Scary Movie.

I know exactly how you feel. I have the strangest problem with my friends, they begged me to see Epic Movie which I insisted on going to just to see how truly awful it was, yet when I asked them if they wanted to see TMNT which could never be as bad, none wanted to see it. I just couldn't understand that level of cognitive thinking.

The rule of thumb is, you go see good movies by yourself, you go in a group to movies that are mindless fun.

Think I watched the 2nd LOTR alone, when I was bunking off school back in the day.

Other than that, I always drag my girlfriend along to movies I want to see.

I have an odd mix of friends, people outside and in college. If the guys from my course say they want to see Epic Movie and say it looks good, I'll laugh in their face and tell them it's utter crap. Previous project was to take a scene from a movie, and change it to a nightclub poster. Someone was picking through a Scary Movie 4 scene. I kinda wanted to hit them, actually.

Although people I've know for a while, are interested in seeing stuff like 300.

You people need to get friends with better taste.

I can't have my entire circle of friends be film geeks like myself. I need some goofy cool people to balance it out.

I CAN go alone, but I'd rather go with someone else.
If my friends don't want to see some "boring ass movie" with me, I'll go alone.

I have no problem with it.
Yeah i know i used to go alone every weekend back when i had a job.

Plus its kinda annoying when you have people with you and then you also gotta deal with all the big mouths in the theater. So i as i see it there's less people to make noise then.

Plus all the people I know think going to the movies all the time is stupid. and a waste of money.

I went to see Batman Begins by myself.......It was great....funny thing is I wasn't the only one alone.....

I suggest you go with someone who has as much interest in the movie as you.....Half the time I can't find anyone

9 times out of 10 I go to movies alone. My brother is away at school, my friends are all over the country and my dad doesnt like the movies that I like. I'd rather go to the movie alone that hear him sigh and squirm in his seat through the movie.

Plus all the people I know think going to the movies all the time is stupid. and a waste of money.

This is becoming more the norm lately.
People would rather wait for the DVD or get a bootleg copy. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"