Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sad, sad world when even that--- four humans dressed in the colors of the Turtles and wielding their weapons--- is cooler than what we're getting from Bay and Liebsman.

I'm also confused how that's cooler. And how NinjaTurtleFan already watched the movie... :huh:

We've hardly seen anything and yet some have already made their minds up?

I'm just surprised that he's not complaining about the clothes and accessories.
There is hope yet.

Are you guys seriously analyzing the reasoning behind a faint and the acting of said faint? Come on. Grasping for straws here
I'd say the people who are grasping at straws are the ones who actually feel the need to defend it against someone saying it was silly.

You know what also doesn't happen in real life? Giant mutated turtles. It is a MOVIE. Movies are filled to the brim with stuff that doesn't happen in real life.
Are you seriously suggesting that films that feature fantasy elements have no obligation to make their characters behave like real people?

how is that cooler? :)

Well for one it actually features action that remotely resembles martial arts.

Last edited:
I'd say the people who are grasping at straws are the ones who actually feel the need to defend it against someone saying it was silly.
I only defend against complaints that seem to be unwarranted. Stuff that really shouldn't be complained about.

Are you seriously suggesting that films that feature fantasy elements have no obligation to make their characters behave like real people?

I'm saying that there's no need to analyze or complain about this particular thing. I have NO IDEA how a real person would react to seeing a real giant mutated turtle talking to them. So there's no way to know if the character is acting like a real person would in that situation anyways.

Technically April fainting the first time she meets the turtles is canon....

257i0ww.jpg

/crappyscan.jpg

I find it funny that you guys go after people like Zaron, myself, Nathan, and others because we just want the classic Turtles or what has worked for 30 years and to say we have "butt hurt" because of that comes off as childish and petty.

Not saying that some of the comments and jeers we have made wouldn't be seen as the same but I also don't feel a lot of the complaints or concerns made are not warranted either as some make them out to be. Look, I am going to live and die being a Turtle fan, but when some of us don't see Turtles looking like they're suppose to look, the origin going neither the way of the comics or cartoons, or some of the other changes made, let us be able to say how we feel without resorting to saying a person has "butt hurt" or some other dumb comment.

I don't like everything with the new Spider-Man film; I'm sure the sequel will be the same for me from what has been said about it from critics and word of mouth. I didn't like everything with the Nolan Batman films.

But yes, there have been countless changes to the TMNT--- some of been great; others not so much, but I feel this is "Next Mutation" to me--- I can't get very excited about it. It's probably not going to be THAT bad and again we're judging things based on news, pics, and a teaser, but from everything I've seen and read, this reboot doesn't give me a lot of hope either.

So, that being said, can we try and keep things a little more civil? If some of us don't like some of what we're seeing then allow us to voice our opinions, complaints, and concerns or is that not good enough?

Did you see the last page? Talk about childish and petty...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with voicing your dislike of the look of the turtles. No one is saying that. The problem is the constant complaining about anything and everything. Even ridiculously dumb stuff like the faint.

After looking through the threads and seeing photos and the trailer, I for one will not pay to see this movie.

^Sick! That is cool. I hope the fight scenes are as cool as that.

Haters gonna hate...I swear. Saying that little short is cooler than the movie that nobody has seen and that it actually features action and martial arts as to say the actual movie doesn't is downright dumb and irresponsible. Knock it off folks

Haters gonna hate...I swear. Saying that little short is cooler than the movie that nobody has seen and that it actually features action and martial arts as to say the actual movie doesn't is downright dumb and irresponsible. Knock it off folks

Blame the movie for looking like crap so far and not "haters." The marketing for it has been atrocious and the product doesn't look much better, which probably explains like why the studio is reluctant to show it off.

I will say the level of marketing doesn't give off the sense that Paramount is thrilled with the film. Now they might be, but the marketing hasn't really given off that vibe imo.

Blame the movie for looking like crap so far and not "haters." The marketing for it has been atrocious and the product doesn't look much better, which probably explains like why the studio is reluctant to show it off.

Sure they should have started marketing it earlier but that's not the point. The movie doesn't look like crap....you've seen basically one teaser trailer, they just changed up a little bit of the footage. And yes it is just people hating. Complaining about Megan Fox fainting, complaining about this, and that. They just complain because they are miserable people that try to suck the joy out of everything for others. Someone told me that if I didn't like a certain thread then don't go to it. Well if all you're going to do is complain don't come in here and drag everyone else down with you...go to the other tmnt forums. I know this isn't for positive people only but if all you're gonna do is complain and claim you will never watch this movie then why are you even here? To aggravate people and to troll...

In general I like the Turtles in the trailer, but the rest really leaves me cold. The look of the film, the humans, very generic imo. Now that could change with more footage, but I how is it unfair to judge what you are seeing in a trailer that comes months before the movie's release?

Sure they should have started marketing it earlier but that's not the point. The movie doesn't look like crap....you've seen basically one teaser trailer, they just changed up a little bit of the footage. And yes it is just people hating. Complaining about Megan Fox fainting, complaining about this, and that. They just complain because they are miserable people that try to suck the joy out of everything for others. Someone told me that if I didn't like a certain thread then don't go to it. Well if all you're going to do is complain don't come in here and drag everyone else down with you...go to the other tmnt forums. I know this isn't for positive people only but if all you're gonna do is complain and claim you will never watch this movie then why are you even here? To aggravate people and to troll...

You specifically mentioned people's complaints about the lack of martial arts in the movie. Considering Paramount hasn't shown much of the movie yet and what they have shown hasn't justified having "Ninja" in the title of the movie that seems like a fairly valid criticism for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"