Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they should have started marketing it earlier but that's not the point. The movie doesn't look like crap....you've seen basically one teaser trailer, they just changed up a little bit of the footage. And yes it is just people hating. Complaining about Megan Fox fainting, complaining about this, and that. They just complain because they are miserable people that try to suck the joy out of everything for others. Someone told me that if I didn't like a certain thread then don't go to it. Well if all you're going to do is complain don't come in here and drag everyone else down with you...go to the other tmnt forums. I know this isn't for positive people only but if all you're gonna do is complain and claim you will never watch this movie then why are you even here? To aggravate people and to troll...

Aggravate people? Trolling? The ones who are for this reboot are the only ones getting short-tempered over comments made. I'm not a miserable person and I'm not here to suck out the joy of everything. Again, I'm a Turtles fan but I can't say I'm a big fan of this version of the TMNT. I will see this some point (probably pirate it online more than likely) but I am not thrilled about all the changes or some of the cast.

And for a lot of us it's hard to keep a lot of the positivity up when there isn't a lot to be positive with. The marketing isn't great, Shredder is a white guy, they ****ed up the origin, the Turtles wears clothes, the Foot Soldiers don't resemble ninjas, Splinter looks racially stereotypical, and then there's April's ties to the Turtles with her father.

You guys can all accept all these things all you want and that is fine--- more power to you. I don't care if you do but it's a public forum with opinions that can be made public.

I will say the level of marketing doesn't give off the sense that Paramount is thrilled with the film. Now they might be, but the marketing hasn't really given off that vibe imo.

Yet the pundits are suggesting Sony isn't confident in ASM2 and this is resulting in an abundance of marketing. One would think the very opposite amount of marketing would be a sign of confidence?

The film has more or less had the same amount of marketing as GoG, the other last summer release. Only with more being held back in terms of reveals.

Now one needs to ask themselves, is Paramount not showing splinters face(unlike the raccoon) because they are ashamed/scared? Or like the Raccoon's voice, they have have a schedule designed...

Yet the pundits are suggesting Sony isn't confident in ASM2 and this is resulting in an abundance of marketing. One would think the very opposite amount of marketing would be a sign of confidence?
TASM2 and TASM3 are Sony's attempt to build a Cinematic Universe. They are spending so much money in hopes of it paying off with spinoffs. I think it is folly, but there is clear reasoning behind what they are doing.

The film has more or less had the same amount of marketing as GoG, the other last summer release. Only with more being held back in terms of reveals.
GotG is a part of the Marvel train, which in and of itself gives it more eyes. But they have done more with GotG. They went out of their way to premiere the footage on Kimmel, they debuted footage as a part of the MTV movie awards, and GotG was showcased on the Marvel building a universe special, placing it alongside footage of AoU.

Not to mention that the first trailer was full length.

Now one needs to ask themselves, is Paramount not showing splinters face(unlike the raccoon) because they are ashamed/scared? Or like the Raccoon's voice, they have have a schedule designed...
I think if they thought this film was going to be a real honest to God moneymaker, they'd be showcasing it more.

Sony put out just as much media if not more for ASM1(it's kinda their style), much to the same comments the marketing is receiving this time around. I personally think people are making a big deal of nothing. However, they market the blazing hell out of the film and pundits and 'detractors' sound off about how desperate they appear.

This idea that the massive marketing is in service to this cinematic universe thing is...new. Given marvel studios didn't employ or encounter any such thing. Either way it would result in this same discussion: If over abundant marketing is a sign of desperation, the opposite would be a sign of the opposite.

As for the amount of marketing between turtles and GoG. I pointed to the idea that unlike the May releases, the late summer films tend to have around the same 'amount' of marketing given the window. Turtles has a trailer and a spot and mtv award play. GoG has a trailer and an mtv spot as well(I think) and that tv special(something that unlike a spot, get's a very limited amount of live views by the GA).
If I was talking about Eyes, I would have also pointed to the view count discrepancy between trailers(more than double I think). If we are going to talk about the advantage of being a part of the marvel brand, we can then talk about the advantage of being a part of the turtle or bay brand and what that has obvious wrought in terms of audience awareness...

Either way, the point was late summer releases, not all that much marketing.
That is, if I can seemingly compare the two as I just did, then either both are relatively low or both are relatively fine. Easy to say one has a little more than the other but to say one has soooooo much less would be, hyperbolic. Then again I suppose this is the turtle section.

Are you simply going to discount the character based videos for GotG? The featurettes they have already released? The Kimmel reveal? The differences in the trailers? The amount of stills released for both?

If you want to compare, there is a legitimate difference at this point.

Welp.. Ive been reading this forum for a very.. very long time and I love the fact that people seem to be a little more open minded here than the other forum, which may I add is jam packed FULL of negativity. It gets extremely tense. But people here seem a little more civil. I can definitely recognize some of the same "trolls" from the Drome here though lol. The same people that spend day in and day out complaining about the same things on multiple forums.. Everyday lol. I agree with this observation that, If your someone that is overly critical, overly opinionated and negative, your probably a miserable person. Ive learned this in my intro to psychology class. You may say well.. " how can we be positive when there's nothing to be positive about? " Well.. exactly lol. That is something a miserable person always says lol. Its all about how you look at things. " well.. this looks like crap " well.. that's your opinion now isn't it. How many times are you going to say it? I know me personally if I don't like something? I don't spend all day everyday *****ing about it on multiple forums. Its OBVIOUS that you guys are acting like Trolls bc every single word that comes out of your mouths is a negative response to something positive. You are obviously here to try and drag people that are excited down. Why else would you spend everyday crying here? and on other forums? You don't like the film.. Even though you haven't seen it you've written it off. You want the old look and the old story.. then WATCH THE OLD FILM! lol.. I mean holy cow.. " Well we have the right to come here and complain" lmao well that's wonderful, would you like a chocolate chip cookie? Your participation trophy?:funny: Go to a forum for something that you like and stop being a drag. We get it. You hate this movie. No one cares lol. Unless it is more fun dragging people down to the miserable existence that is your life. Which I suspect is the case. :funny:

Welp.. Ive been reading this forum for a very.. very long time and I love the fact that people seem to be a little more open minded here than the other forum, which may I add is jam packed FULL of negativity. It gets extremely tense. But people here seem a little more civil. I can definitely recognize some of the same "trolls" from the Drome here though lol. The same people that spend day in and day out complaining about the same things on multiple forums.. Everyday lol. I agree with this observation that, If your someone that is overly critical, overly opinionated and negative, your probably a miserable person. Ive learned this in my intro to psychology class. You may say well.. " how can we be positive when there's nothing to be positive about? " Well.. exactly lol. That is something a miserable person always says lol. Its all about how you look at things. " well.. this looks like crap " well.. that's your opinion now isn't it. How many times are you going to say it? I know me personally if I don't like something? I don't spend all day everyday *****ing about it on multiple forums. Its OBVIOUS that you guys are acting like Trolls bc every single word that comes out of your mouths is a negative response to something positive. You are obviously here to try and drag people that are excited down. Why else would you spend everyday crying here? and on other forums? You don't like the film.. Even though you haven't seen it you've written it off. You want the old look and the old story.. then WATCH THE OLD FILM! lol.. I mean holy cow.. " Well we have the right to come here and complain" lmao well that's wonderful, would you like a chocolate chip cookie? Your participation trophy?:funny: Go to a forum for something that you like and stop being a drag. We get it. You hate this movie. No one cares lol. Unless it is more fun dragging people down to the miserable existence that is your life. Which I suspect is the case. :funny:

:up::raph:

I can understand people not liking what we've seen so far (I'm in the optimistic group though), but I have a hard time understanding how people can claim being big fans of the turtles while planning not to watch this movie in theater because of a trailer.

Léo Ho Tep;28618691 said:
I can understand people not liking what we've seen so far (I'm in the optimistic group though), but I have a hard time understanding how people can claim being big fans of the turtles while planning not to watch this movie in theater because of a trailer.

That's the cool thing to do these days! Judge something before you've seen it. :whatever: If people really knew how talented and badass the stunt doubles were for this film ..I don't understand how " as a turtle fan" you couldn't be excited. I have a friend that played a part in the movie. He spent hours and hours on set and he told me that the fighting is unlike any turtle movie ever. That the sequences were very intense and complex and drawn out in some scenes. He told me that this will most likely be a film that rarely lets off the gas, in terms of action and suspense. Ive also been told that there were other actors in Mo-cap suits ( non turtle ) .. whether it was other mutants or the turtles stunt men is unknown. I hope we get the trailer today. Its so much more fun to LOVE this film and relive that overflowing excitement than to be all angry and pissed off about it everyday

Last edited:
Like I said, people have the right not to like what they say. They have the right to voice their opinion. But I would think, as fans, they would still want to watch this movie, and at least give it a chance, even if in the end, they may really not like it.

That said, I really hope the action delivers. I have very fond memories of the first TMNT movie, and even when I watch it now, I have a lot of fun. I hope this new iteration will be at least as enjoyable.

Are you simply going to discount the character based videos for GotG? The featurettes they have already released? The Kimmel reveal? The differences in the trailers? The amount of stills released for both?

If you want to compare, there is a legitimate difference at this point.

I don't think there is all that much a difference in quantity, mostly approach.
It would be like saying TMNT has FOUR posters vs GoG's one, as if it's really all that significant.

I didn't catch the 'character based videos' tbh. I suppose that's something. However just because they don't reveal something just yet doesn't mean they won't soon. You don't judge the marketing to something by when it starts but rather just what it is the studio puts out at the end of the day. At least that is, if you are going to sound off on the studios thoughts on it's product. GoG released it's trailer like a month before the turtles, not GoG released it's a trailer and the turtles didn't. I can't watch a single playoff game without seeing DOFP..that's in contrast to the month of people saying it has bad marketing. I'd say it has maybe the best marketing thus far...I'd say I think Fox is probably into it I say that knowing the whole story.

Curious though, do you think there more people that know about the GoG film than the TMNT remake at this point in time? I personally don't, and I think it's due to well placed marketing and it's relation to interest.

Still, to think the reason for this level of marketing is due to Paramount not being all that impressed...I would think the studio would rather sell the hell out of something that's bad than allow it to strive on it's quality alone.

Last edited:
I don't think there is all that much a difference in quantity, mostly approach.
It would be like saying TMNT has FOUR posters vs GoG's one, as if it's really all that significant.

I didn't catch the 'character based videos' tbh. I suppose that's something. However just because they don't reveal something just yet doesn't mean they won't soon. You don't judge the marketing to something by when it starts but rather just what it is the studio puts out at the end of the day. At least that is, if you are going to sound off on the studios thoughts on it's product. GoG released it's trailer like a month before the turtles, not GoG released it's a trailer and the turtles didn't. I can't watch a single playoff game without seeing DOFP..that's in contrast to the month of people saying it has bad marketing. I'd say it has maybe the best marketing thus far...I'd say I think Fox is probably into it I say that knowing the whole story.

Curious though, do you think there more people that know about the GoG film than the TMNT remake at this point in time? I personally don't, and I think it's due to well placed marketing and it's relation to interest.

Still, to think the reason for this level of marketing is due to Paramount not being all that impressed...I would think the studio would rather sell the hell out of something that's bad than allow it to strive on it's quality alone.

This whole GOTG is better than TMNT is a little premature. I just got one thing to say when it comes to recognition. 31.4 Million views in 6 days. GOTG still hasn't got that many views in over a month lol. :funny:

1. I'm not going on multiple forums complaining about solely Turtles. If anyone would follow my posts on other forums and threads, I'm pretty positive. But oh because you see me or others voice our opinions about this film you think we're trolling or don't have a right to voice our opinions and therefore out of the blue label me or others as trolls or miserable human beings. Ah, yes, you sure learned a lot from your psychology classes. Have you ever heard of the phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover?"

2. So if I don't like this movie I'm ultimately a miserable person with a miserable person? That's really rich. You're new on these boards so how the hell can you make an assumption like that? Let alone I think you need to spend a little more time in your psychology intro class to really figure out who people are instead of prejudging them like you have, kid.

3. This has been a recurring thing going on for awhile. Where all of us that have opinions and should be able to express them freely are treated like dog**** for it. If my comments and opinions bother you or anyone else's does, tune us out or hey there's a little thing called an "Ignore User" button. Click on it sometime instead resorting to ass-like comments like "Oh you're a miserable human being with a miserable life." My life is good. And frankly I don't spend 100% of the day thinking about this reboot film as you think I do.

4. Lastly, who is dragging down who? You decided to label people and make a preconceived notion about people from reading a few forums.

But anyways... welcome to the Hype.

The TMNT trailer definitely has the advantage in views situation to be sure. All they really need to do is deliver a hit film or at least something better and more accessible than the GIJoe stuff and they will likely win august given the awareness in their product. 33mill is a huge number for any film trailer.

However I wouldn't count out any film/product that is tied to RDJ and Avengers as these mcu films are. Had GoG being coming out in 2011 or prior it would look to be a sure fail(financially) imo but in this day and age anything can happen.

I think as cool as the ninjas were in the Joe2(trailers), they just weren't all that accessible or new/interesting, then there's that ninja assassin film that no one cared about. That's one of the things I find interesting about the direction in this film, they are really looking to strive for accessibility and relevance.

1. I'm not going on multiple forums complaining about solely Turtles. If anyone would follow my posts on other forums and threads, I'm pretty positive. But oh because you see me or others voice our opinions about this film you think we're trolling or don't have a right to voice our opinions and therefore out of the blue label me or others as trolls or miserable human beings. Ah, yes, you sure learned a lot from your psychology classes. Have you ever heard of the phrase, "Don't judge a book by its cover?"

2. So if I don't like this movie I'm ultimately a miserable person with a miserable person? That's really rich. You're new on these boards so how the hell can you make an assumption like that? Let alone I think you need to spend a little more time in your psychology intro class to really figure out who people are instead of prejudging them like you have, kid.

3. This has been a recurring thing going on for awhile. Where all of us that have opinions and should be able to express them freely are treated like dog**** for it. If my comments and opinions bother you or anyone else's does, tune us out or hey there's a little thing called an "Ignore User" button. Click on it sometime instead resorting to ass-like comments like "Oh you're a miserable human being with a miserable life." My life is good. And frankly I don't spend 100% of the day thinking about this reboot film as you think I do.

4. Lastly, who is dragging down who? You decided to label people and make a preconceived notion about people from reading a few forums.

But anyways... welcome to the Hype.

....I didn't really single you out per se.. Its great how you twist your negativity campaign into " Its just my opinion".. But... anyways. I also love how YOUR the one preaching about not judging a book by its cover and having preconceived notions :funny: Its annoying as HELL isn't it lol

I just noticed your welcome at the bottom.. Thanks. Ill admit I kind of feel a little bad now after reading that one nice part. I just don't understand why if people don't like to be judged by others that know very little about them then why do they do the same thing in regards to this film?

Last edited:
....I didn't really single you out per se.. Its great how you twist your negativity campaign into " Its just my opinion".. But... anyways. I also love how YOUR the one preaching about not judging a book by its cover and having preconceived notions :funny: Its annoying as HELL isn't it lol

I just noticed your welcome at the bottom.. Thanks. Ill admit I kind of feel a little bad now after reading that one nice part. I just don't understand why if people don't like to be judged by others that know very little about them then why do they do the same thing in regards to this film?

But nearly everything has been spilled out about this film. Yeah, a lot of us have reacted to some rumors, but the rest of the stuff we've seen, heard, or read doesn't leave that some of us ecstatic about what we're going to be getting for the film as others so that I would argue is not working on preconceived notions. It's what we've been given.

Also, "you're" not your. Proper grammar wouldn't kill you either when making an argument/reply back.

But again, you go back to I am on some power-trip or "negativity campaign." There's that old saying, "Different strokes for different folks." This is one of those cases. Many on here have embraced the changes wholeheartedly; I have not.

To me, Shredder shouldn't be a white man who's name is Anglicized. He shouldn't be working with April's father to create the Turtles. The Turtles should be created at T.C.R.I. and by the Utroms.

The Turtles shouldn't be clothed or have all those accessories on their shells. It doesn't add anything to who the Turtles are and frankly, as I discussed with another Hyper on here, if they feel the clothes and armor adds more to the Turtles' individual personalities than why do they even need the colored masks?

The Foot Clan have been changed to a paramilitary group vs. a clan of ninja warriors. Eric Sachs seems to be a man obsessed with Japanese culture and perverts it to his own liking ala The Mandarin in "Iron Man 3." The whole legacy of Shredder and Splinter is pretty much abandoned. Also, if the rumors are true that Splinter is in all actuality April's father turned into a rat, you lose the whole backstory of Tang Shen, Oroku Nagi and Saki, and Hamato Yoshi. That rich history/rivalry between the two.

I don't understand the gender-switching and race-changing of Burne Thompson but it's not a big whup to me. I do like the design of the Turtle Van, I like Will Arnett, and I could care less if Knoxville is in the film or not, I feel they could've done a little better with casting in some roles however, but I also feel why the original film still holds up to this day is because at least those involved with that film tried to make something as close to Eastman and Laird's first few issues. I'm not saying that anyone doesn't have the freedom to deviate from the source material (we've seen it in all the versions of the Turtles or hell in all comic book movie adaptations) but a lot of the stuff they've done in this particular version of the TMNT is unnecessary and seems to be too much of a divergence.

Those are just my thoughts. People are free to not listen to them or respond to them if they want, ignore them completely, or agree. I don't honestly care but those are my thoughts. I wouldn't say they are "negative" however. Negative comments would be me going on a rant and saying, "**** this ****ing movie and **** all of you who disagree with me!" That to me is being a negative commenter and would surely get me banned. What I, Zaron, Nathan, and others have done have tried to peacefully give our two cents of how we feel about this or that.

Yes, sometimes on here we get a little childish, but we are nowhere near what it's like on CBM where people are bashing one another left and right.

I'm trying to be nice and keep things civil. You're new and I frankly don't want to get into anything with anyone or a flame war, but again those are my thoughts about this movie up above. You can call them 'negative' or whatever word you decide to choose but those are my thoughts about this film. Like I said, I'll probably check this film out at some point (more than likely pirate it or Netflix it) but from what I've seen, read, or heard--- I will not be at the theater first day to see it or make a mad rush to see it in its theatrical run either. Bay, Liebsman, and crew haven't given me enough assurance or left a sizable impression to make me want to see this as badly as I did with the previous Turtles movies.

So, again, welcome to the Hype and enjoy your stay.

Last edited:
Bay, Liebsman, and crew haven't given me enough assurance or left a sizable impression to make me want to see this as badly as I did with the previous Turtles movies.

The fundamental difference betweeen:
'This movie will be bad/will fail/looks stupid' vs 'This movie isn't for me'.

For perhaps unlike all the other incarnations(that seemingly were for you), this might actually attract a large contingent of the general audience. Who knows, it might even get some half decent reviews this time as well. That would be a first, however unlikely.

New Trailer from Facebook. Some good new shots of all the turtles.

Last edited:
:dry:

awbLMd4.jpg

Hey, it ain't horribly bad. Though the nerd glasses, I feel that was some Bay influence. :o

That was actually really cool. That still had me worried, but its just a weird angle.

They all look mean as ****, I will grant them that.

i like all designs .and i think the shot where Donatello screams looks realistic.

i am so happy that i like the designs. if after all those years they owuld look ugly to me i would be depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"