Parents Apologizing?

I mean that too many parents do consider their kids as property and that they tell the kids what to do, no questions asked.

I would never expect my parents to apologize to me and I would not question their logic. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but in the bible days disrespect to one's parents meant death, lol. So I just put up with any problems we have and remember that they gave me liife.

just my 2 cents

Yay for Bible Thumpers!

My parents apologized for little things, like being wrong about something [i.e., blaming me for something a sibling did, and then realizing who did it], but there's never really been anything major that they had to apologize to me for.

I got a twisted family, though. When I was a little kid, I was in a house of mirrors and "saw the exit"...

I dashed for that *****, and slammed right into a mirror [which was transparent on the other side, so my mom saw everything].

My mom LITERALLY hit the floor laughing, while my grandmother rushed to go get my little cryin', four-year old ass.

I think they've had brief moments in the past where they've acknowledge some fault, but they never really fixed those mistakes.

I mean that too many parents do consider their kids as property and that they tell the kids what to do, no questions asked.

Not these days. I'm seeing fewer of those. I see more swinging to the other extreme.......waaaay too permissive. Waaaaay too palsy walsy. Kids talkin' back. Cussin' at their parents. :csad: Too many trying to be friends. Too many thinking that if they come with discipline, the child will hate them. Be a parent. That means being the bad guy some times.

There must be a balance between both sterness and humility. There's a place for both.

Too many trying to be friends. Too many thinking that if they come with discipline, the child will hate them. Be a parent. That means being the bad guy some times.
I don't really see why it can't be both. I always hear "parents are trying to be friends". Ummm...like having a friendly bond with your children is a BAD thing?

:huh:

Originally Posted by BtwImaPirate
I would never expect my parents to apologize to me and I would not question their logic. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but in the bible days disrespect to one's parents meant death, lol. So I just put up with any problems we have and remember that they gave me liife.

just my 2 cents

Ephesians 6
1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2"Honor your father and mother"—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3"that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."[a] 4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

ex·as·per·ate (ĭg-zăs'pə-rāt')
tr.v., -at·ed, -at·ing, -ates.
To make very angry or impatient; annoy greatly.

Parents are not to frustrate, demean or abuse their children. Care and nurturing are key. Yes their is instruction for parents and children in the Bible. :yay:

Again.......balance. :up:

I don't really see why it can't be both. I always hear "parents are trying to be friends". Ummm...like having a friendly bond with your children is a BAD thing?

:huh:

I guess I see the parental relationship with a child as being even closer than that of a "Pal" or friend. The parent is someone you can always go to. Your protector. Your advisor for wise counsel. Your provider.

I never looked to my "buds" for that.

So I guess we see it differently. :whatever:

I guess I see the parental relationship with a child as being even closer than that of a "Pal" or friend. The parent is someone you can always go to. Your protector. Your advisor for wise counsel. Your provider.

I never looked to my "buds" for that.

So I guess we see it differently. :whatever:
I guess that's kinda why I said in the first damn sentence that it's alright to be both. But ok, ignore that. :huh:

Yeah, my mother apologizes for a number of things. Some of them include her not wanting me and for abusing me as a child. I bear no grudges towards her, the opposite in fact. She did change. Both my parents went through a lot of hardship during their lifetime, and parents often learn their parenting skills from their own parents. And trust me; knowing their parents, I'm lucky to have them as mine.:heart:

God that sounded so sappy, I disgust myself. Somebody please inject my eyes with poison. Now.

♥

I don't know if any of you have had asian friends when you were young and have gone over to their house and realized how strict their parents were...but those were my parents. So yeah...they never apologize or break the facade that they rule the universe in that house. But I'm grateful for it to tell you the truth...I like the way I've turned out.

Haha, right in the same boat as you. :up:

I'm some twisted way I'm glad my parents turned out as they did, because now I know what NOT to be when I become one.
004.gif

Haha, right in the same boat as you. :up:

I'm some twisted way I'm glad my parents turned out as they did, because now I know what NOT to be when I become one.
004.gif
Haha. People who don't want to be like their parents often turned out to be like their parents.

I'm just saying.:whatever: :oldrazz: :heart:

♥

Haha. People who don't want to be like their parents often turned out to be like their parents.

I'm just saying.:whatever: :oldrazz: :heart:

♥
Shut up!! Shut the **** up!! It's not true damnit!!:cmad: :cmad:

Yeah I know.

I'm not gon' lie, a bit of my dad's aggressive side has passed onto me, but honestly it only comes out when I'm talking to them. It hasn't really appeared anywhere outside that. So I guess I can count myself fortunate that's the only thing I've inherited. :o

The day I started seeing some of my parents in myself is the day I discovered my buddy alcohol...we coo.

Shut up!! Shut the **** up!! It's not true damnit!!:cmad: :cmad:
It's true *taunts* b*tch

When people started focusing on what not to do, they usually ends up doing it. It's best you start focusing on what you should do instead.

My older sister is a living proof of that.:whatever:

♥

nah, I don't think I'll ever make the same mistakes my parents did. I'm probably better adjusted then they are, fortunately.:csad:

nah, I don't think I'll ever make the same mistakes my parents did. I'm probably better adjusted then they are, fortunately.:csad:
You're so self centered. I hate you now. :heart: :cmad:

♥

I thought I'm supposed to be the self centred one in our relationship? :cmad::heart: You're breaking our dynamics.

♥

Call it a power play. Get with it, or s**t it.:cmad::heart::trans:

That wasn't in the contract.:o I'll sh**t it.:o:heart::dry:

♥

my parents have never truly apologized for anything. they make excuses & when they've run out of excuses they change the subject or tell me i'm annoying and full of hate to bring up things that have already happened, basically they're like is something wrong with you so that you can't get over stuff? & i always tell them i'll never talk about the said incident instead if they'll just admit they were wrong & apologize.

they do make "fake apologies" like, its my fault i spoiled you too much, its my fault i care so much about your grades i chained u to your desk, its my fault you're doing badly in school because i allow you to watch 1 hour of pbs a day. stuff like that.

i really could care less if a parent is "strict" or "strong" as long as they explain their reasoning & are strong enough to listen to their kids & admit when they are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"