Performances you liked in movies you didn't.

Brandon Routh in Superman Returns

Pretty godawful movie, but Routh seems like he was born for the role. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in Man of Steel--provided the movie can keep me awake this time.

Alfred Molina in Spider-Man 2

Chris Evans in Fantastic Four

i really liked kelsey gramer in x3....but i HATED the movie

Jon Favreau in daredevil

arnold in batman and robin....kidding

James Marsden in 'Superman Returns'

As much as his part of the story was such a drag, I liked that they didn't cop out and make his character a moron.

Jack Nicholson in Something's Gotta Give and About Schmidt

Adam Sandler in Spanglish

Well, it sure wasn't Professor Xavier in X-Men: The Last Stand. He wasn't even in that film. Professor Assh*le was in that one.

Well, it sure wasn't Professor Xavier in X-Men: The Last Stand. He wasn't even in that film. Professor Assh*le was in that one.

You & cerealkiller seem to have missed the point of this thread.:bh:

Brandon Routh in Superman Returns

Pretty godawful movie, but Routh seems like he was born for the role. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in Man of Steel--provided the movie can keep me awake this time.

I disagree. I never bought Brandon in the role. He didn't have the demeanor, the posture or the swagger. He didn't have the presence. I felt like he was just doing a bad impersonation of Christopher Reeve.

Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly, Sam Elliott - Hulk
Sam Elliott - Ghost Rider
Ron Perlman, Doug Jones - Hellboy
Jon Favreau - Daredevil
Brandon Routh, Kevin Spacey, Frank Langella, Sam Huntington, James Marsden, Parker Posey - Superman Returns
Johnny Depp, Robbie Coltrane - From Hell
Michael Gough - Batman and Robin

You & cerealkiller seem to have missed the point of this thread.:bh:

No i get the point.

But the thread is 3 years old and 2 pages deep of the same 8 performers and you trying to keep a discussion going.

So instead of limiting us to superhero movies i decided to shake it up. Theres more movies out there besides comic adaptations worth mentioning and when this popped into my subscription list I saw an opportunity to mention them.

But lets keep talking about how good Ron Perelman and Patrick Stewart are because that never gets said around the Hype!:whatever:

I should have said this one a long time ago; Christopher Reeve. I really didn't like anything about ANY of the Superman films except him. He was surrounded by miscast actors, underdeveloped plots & goofy, campy villains. Starting with the oh-so grand Marlon Brando, who not only refused to learn his lines but couldn't even pronounce the name of the planet his character was so desperate to save. But we're not supposed to say it was a half-assed performance because it's Marlon Brando. THen there was Lex Luthor, whose grand criminal plan was little more than an ambitious real estate scam, who felt the need to remind us every 5 minutes that he was "the greatest criminal mind of our time" & discovered the effects of kryptonite...in his head! How? I don't care how smart you are, you need a point of reference. There's other things, too-the cellophane shield, Supes apparently standing in one spot for 12 years, the all-too-easily escapable Phantom Zone, the Kryptonians' immediately adapting to their powers & being able to hold a conversation on the moon. (I know I'm only really touching on the first two & there's a reason for that) Last but not least that damn green crystal! Reeve was the only thing any of those movies had going for them in my eyes.

THen there was Lex Luthor, whose grand criminal plan was little more than an ambitious real estate scam, who felt the need to remind us every 5 minutes that he was "the greatest criminal mind of our time" & discovered the effects of kryptonite...in his head! How? I don't care how smart you are, you need a point of reference.
Even when I watched that movie at age 7, I thought that was weird.

I was 6 & didn't really focus on that-b/c I was so in awe of Reeve's portrayal.

- The entire cast of X3

- J.K. Simmons on Spider-Man 3

- Tommy Lee Jones in MIB 2

Surprisingly, Dolph was good as the Punisher.

Did I mention everybody in "Batman Returns"? I can pretty much say the same of "Spawn".

Frank Langella was brilliant is Masters of the Universe...
What did everyone think of the performances in Superman Returns? I think Brandon Routh was okay, but Kevin Spacey really put me off the film. Nothing really against him, but I just don't think anyone can play a baddie better than Gene Hackman. Except Langella maybe.

Frank Langella was brilliant is Masters of the Universe...
What did everyone think of the performances in Superman Returns? I think Brandon Routh was okay, but Kevin Spacey really put me off the film. Nothing really against him, but I just don't think anyone can play a baddie better than Gene Hackman. Except Langella maybe.

Watch Seven and see Spacey play a much better bad guy than Hackman ever could.

Hackman was campy & annoying & Spacey just picked up where he left off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"