Perhaps Rhaegar married Lyanna

It'd be funny if Tyrion and Brienne balanced eachother out and produced average-sized offspring.

I think he absolutely did and that's why the Kingsguard was at the Tower of Joy.

HBO's infographic:

Look at Rhaegar - Lyanna relationship. At least for the moment.

HBO's infographic:

Look at Rhaegar - Lyanna relationship. At least for the moment.

LOL! That graphic has the forums at westeros.org crashing right now.

So I saw that some lip-reading expert determined that Lyanna told Ned that Jon's real name is Jaehaerys. Certainly a more interesting name than "Jon" though I'm not sure exactly how to pronounce it. Jay-hair-us? Jay-harr-is? Jie-hay-rus? Jesus?

So I saw that some lip-reading expert determined that Lyanna told Ned that Jon's real name is Jaehaerys. Certainly a more interesting name than "Jon" though I'm not sure exactly how to pronounce it. Jay-hair-us? Jay-harr-is? Jie-hay-rus? Jesus?

Oh cool. Jaehaerys I Targaryen was considered the best king in the history of Westeros, so that is a fitting name if that is correct.

Pretty much sums up why Ned said "**** it, his name is Jon." Couldn't even be bothered to put the H in there.

Hahahaha yeah. Here's the dialogue from a deleted scene in Episode 10:

Lyanna: (whispering) Ned, his name is Jaehaerys.

Ned: I'm sorry, what now?

Lyanna: Jaehaerys

Ned: Jaario Naharis?

Lyanna: No, Jaehaerys.

Ned: Jason Harris. Got it.

Lyanna: Damn it, Ned! No! Listen to me! Jaehaerys Tagaryen!

Ned: James Harrison Vegetarian?

Lyanna: JAEHAERYS TARGARYEN YOU F***ING IDIOT!

Ned: Jon. Got it.

Lyanna:(dies)

:pal:

I demand this deleted scene on the blu-ray.

Jay-hair-ies should be how its pronounced.

I think the show is at its best when things are murky and not so nice and pleasant. Jon being a bastard and child of rape would make for a more interesting story than him just being the legitimate child of a married Rhaegar and Lyanna

But obviously the show has gone to lengths to make Rhaegar seem like the beloved and righteous crown prince.

All I know is I want the flashbacks for a) the tourney at Harrenhal, and b) the Rhaegar/Robert fight at the trident. I'd also like to see someone inject Gendry into the succession in King's Landing. Cersei being made queen was kind of preposterous and more time needs to be spent focused on that

It still doesn't make sense to me that Lyanna would consent to marry or run away with Rhaegar and ended up getting her father and brother killed by the Mad King because of it. She shouldn't be this insensitive to her own family's well-being.

Lack of proper communication presumably. It's not like they had f***ing cell phones or anything.
Hell, if that was a real place you'd be the bartender.

HEY, YOU DON'T KNOW M-- alright, yeah, you know me pretty well. :o

I think the show is at its best when things are murky and not so nice and pleasant. Jon being a bastard and child of rape would make for a more interesting story than him just being the legitimate child of a married Rhaegar and Lyanna

But obviously the show has gone to lengths to make Rhaegar seem like the beloved and righteous crown prince.

All I know is I want the flashbacks for a) the tourney at Harrenhal, and b) the Rhaegar/Robert fight at the trident. I'd also like to see someone inject Gendry into the succession in King's Landing. Cersei being made queen was kind of preposterous and more time needs to be spent focused on that

You think Cersei's ascent to Queen was preposterous but want Gendry - an uneducated bastard with no political connections whatsoever - to be considered for King?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"