• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Peter Cullen spills the beans on Prime in Empire interview...

Even if you don't think it's slang (which it is), "My Bad" is definately informal.

as if "Roll Out" is a formal phrase...

...look guys, we all agree that "my bad" isn't the worst thing about this movie. so i don't understand why you guys are making it such a big deal. you're feeding my opinion that fans like to overreact. i'd consider this worse than fans going bonkers over Batman's suit being "teh puffy".

...look guys, we all agree that "my bad" isn't the worst thing about this movie. so i don't understand why you guys are making it such a big deal. you're feeding my opinion that fans like to overreact. i'd consider this worse than fans going bonkers over Batman's suit being "teh puffy".

Prime was saying roll out long before Ludacris ever turned it into the phrase of the week. Plus when he said it, it meant... transform and roll out. But you're right, Prime saying this is a MINOR problem just stacked on to the huge pile of other problems. If Bay came out and said "OK, either Prime says; "Giggity Giggity, Cowabunga, I'm emo!" or I'll make Starscream look less like a freakin' mutant blob of s**t." I sure as HELL would take the line. ;):oldrazz:

FINALLY!!! something we can agree on! hehe

It would be better coming from Jazz though, he was the slang master of the tf's, him and Blaster for that matter.

Luckily the Transformers don't have some crazy internet clip like the, 'I'm the Juggernaut *****!' clip.

Ever heard of "The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime" ?

Then again, that wouldn't be a negative. If they made this "Prime" call any of those movie-Autobots "*****piece", it would be right on the money.

"Transform and roll out" is his leadership call. It is used to stir his troops. I don't see how, "my bad" will stir anybody (except us, negatively). I don't feel its an overreaction...it's this production not understanding the character. Its another smack in the face after being beat down. So you see, its not just "my bad" that all the fans are pissed off about...its all the previous smacks in the face that gets us riled up too.

that's nice to know. thanks for your insight...

It's kinda like the 1986 film all over again..

"Spock?! SPOCK is Megatron?! And why are they changing his look AND his name! This is a travesty! He's not Megatron, he's just some big purple doofus! Whaddaya mean Prime dies?"

yadda yadda..

*sigh* more stereotyping...

...you DO know that people who listen to rap/hip-hop/r&b aren't the only ones who use the phrase right? i work with a bunch of retired Navy guys, who happen to be white, and most of them say it as well. i'm beginning to think that most people who have a problem with the phrase don't have a problem with the phrase itself, but instead have a problem with where it came from.

I know you won't like me saying this, but I have to. your ignorance is showing, dorky.

That's not stereotyping. Those are real phrases used by a culture, not a particular race alone. Jamaicans who say "mon" instead of "man" for instance is all based on the cultural style of speech they come from rather than their skin tone.

So it's not stereotyping for Dog Lips to point out phrases from a particular culture that would be considered colloquial language to scholars or generally average english speakers.

"Ironhide! Aww shieet! What's up, you muttherfuhker?!"

"Autobots transform, and lets go farrrk Megatron right up his arse!" .... "not literally..."

:D

in my opinion...anytime you hear a phrase and start spouting stuff like "yo dawg, break me off some o' dat stuff right thur!" it's stereotyping. it's not ignorance...it's my opinion.

besides...i didn't say he was stereotyping based on race. i specifically said "urban music".

I was more pointing to dated terms and phrases that get a rise out of current audiences. Obviously listing song lyrics I was joking, but you took it seriously for some odd reason. Yes, millions of white guys ran around going; "WHAT! OK! YEAH!" after hearing it all over the place from songs. Then Dave Chapelle had to make it worse. :p Take; "I'm Rick James, b***h!" for example. This lead to the internet dub of "I'm the Juggernaut, b***h!" Now, Ratner's dumbass throws it into his X3 film. Yes, it made me cringe, and yes, 5 years from now it will make many others cringe to hear it. "My bad" is just a harmless current day thing, but it will be replaced in a few years and gone. Prime could say "That's whack!", "Oh snap!", "Dawg." or "That's pretty sweet." and it would be the same. It's the point of not only dating the movie, and making Prime sound like an MTV ****e bag, it hurts the character. No problem making him friendly, but don't make him sound like a freakin' moron.

word.

this thread is over.

No matter how you cut it, Prime saying "My Bad" is stupid. Deal killer? No. Movies need humor in all the right places...

But, it's just that it seems stupid for Prime to be saying it. It serves absolutely no purpose except to show Prime as being dumb... or awkward. Two things Prime is not.

Let Jazz say it. Or even Ironhide. Whoever. Get the freakin characters right, people.

I would imagine there will only be a couple of lines that are intended to be comical, but for the most part he'll be good ol' Optimus Prime.

i agree,it's no biggie just a bit of fun like in T2.......For realz G's:woot:

in my opinion...anytime you hear a phrase and start spouting stuff like "yo dawg, break me off some o' dat stuff right thur!" it's stereotyping. it's not ignorance...it's my opinion.

I can't really see it that way unless it's specifically done to mock a particular group of people.

Everyone knows ebonics isn't going anywhere so anyone hoping it just goes away some day, is probably an idiot.

No matter how you cut it, Prime saying "My Bad" is stupid. Deal killer? No. Movies need humor in all the right places...

But, it's just that it seems stupid for Prime to be saying it. It serves absolutely no purpose except to show Prime as being dumb... or awkward. Two things Prime is not.

Let Jazz say it. Or even Ironhide. Whoever. Get the freakin characters right, people.

I like it personally so not anyway YOU slice it is dumb but it's all opinion.

No matter how you cut it, Prime saying "My Bad" is stupid.
thanks for giving us our opinion......wanna do our taxes too?

For realz G's:woot:
STEREOTYPER!!! hehe

I can't really see it that way unless it's specifically done to mock a particular group of people.

stereotyping doesn't require mocking. stereotyping is acknowledging common traits of a particular group. to me...if you think that everyone who says "my bad" also says stuff like "word up dawg! i'm off the chain, son!" then you're stereotyping.

thanks for giving us our opinion......wanna do our taxes too?

STEREOTYPER!!! hehe

stereotyping doesn't require mocking. stereotyping is acknowledging common traits of a particular group. to me...if you think that everyone who says "my bad" also says stuff like "word up dawg! i'm off the chain, son!" then you're stereotyping.

Well I'm pretty sure they're not saying "jolly good show" either. It's a rather complicated thing we're dipping into here...

Cth said:
It's kinda like the 1986 film all over again..

kinda...but that was 21 years ago. Transformers was only 2 years old and nowhere near as iconic as it is now. Fast forward almost 23 years later to now and go up to some old fogey on the street and show them a pic of Optimus. There's a good chance he'll tell you its a Transformer, if not Optimus's name.

Yeah, I can see why you would like Optimus coming off as dumb and awkward.

Not sure if missed the insult or whatever but ok,yes i think it can be a humourus moment just like between Connor and the T-800

It's only stereotyping if you actually reference a "particular group" of people. Has anybody done so?

"My bad" is a colloquialism. You may not think so, but it is. It's informal as well as slang. It's not a stretch to think that someone who uses it, also uses "Word up" or "check ya later."

I use them all... but I'm not Optimus Prime... and I for sure don't use them when I talk to my professors, my boss, or on a job interview. If YOU do, you deserve to be stereotyped (as stupid).

I don't really see Prime saying "My Bad" or "That's how I roll". It's funny once or twice, but I hope to Primus it's not the bulk of Prime's lines.

Not sure if missed the insult or whatever but ok,yes i think it can be a humourus moment just like between Connor and the T-800

Which would be cool if Optimus Prime was a T-800. He's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"