Transformers Peter Cullen spills the beans on Prime in Empire interview...

George Bush on WMDs

bush_wmd.jpg

My bad.

It's only stereotyping if you actually reference a "particular group" of people.

you don't have to REFERENCE a specific group in order to stereotype. you can say stereotypical stuff w/out saying that it's a stereotype from that specific group. where do you come up with this stuff?

I use them all... but I'm not Optimus Prime... and I for sure don't use them when I talk to my professors, my boss, or on a job interview. If YOU do, you deserve to be stereotyped (as stupid).
congrats, you've just earned a spot on my ignore list. i'm tired of you trying to tell us how we should think. it's as if you're trying to shove your opinion down the mouth of anyone who disagrees. i can talk to Dog Lips and I_Hate_U_All because they don't go around claiming that people are stupid just because of the way they talk (at least as far as i'm aware of).

i made the mistake of thinking i could discuss this with you w/out you resorting to insults......my bad!

How was he insulting you? He was insulting people who use slang where it doesn't belong.

No matter how you cut it, Prime saying "My Bad" is stupid. Deal killer? No. Movies need humor in all the right places...

But, it's just that it seems stupid for Prime to be saying it. It serves absolutely no purpose except to show Prime as being dumb... or awkward.
There's a lot of stupid crap dialogue in the movie, but Prime saying "my bad" is kinda cute. It serves as a contrast to being all formal and stoic. I think it's no different than Batman using an odd slang word when talking to Robin.

I know you mean well but...cute is the last word I'd use to describe Optimus Prime.

How was he insulting you? He was insulting people who use slang where it doesn't belong.
i didn't say he was insulting me...he was just flat out being insulting. please read my posts more carefully...

...i don't think it's fair to be called STUPID for using slang where it normally isn't used. if you ask me, it's downright INFORMAL to say something like that.

There's a lot of stupid crap dialogue in the movie, but Prime saying "my bad" is kinda cute. It serves as a contrast to being all formal and stoic. I think it's no different than Batman using an odd slang word when talking to Robin.
Christopher Nolan was not a huge believer in doing that to Batman, however he did inject humor WITHOUT stepping outside of Batman/Bruce's character. "Does it come in black", "I need it for...Sperlunking", "You know you're out at night, looking for kicks, someone is passing around the weaponized halucinagen", "Nice Coat" weren't said out of character and therefore did not come off as awkward or stupid. .

to everyone who has a problem with Prime saying "my bad"......would you have a problem with Prime saying "my fault"?

you don't have to REFERENCE a specific group in order to stereotype. you can say stereotypical stuff w/out saying that it's a stereotype from that specific group. where do you come up with this stuff?

congrats, you've just earned a spot on my ignore list. i'm tired of you trying to tell us how we should think. it's as if you're trying to shove your opinion down the mouth of anyone who disagrees. i can talk to Dog Lips and I_Hate_U_All because they don't go around claiming that people are stupid just because of the way they talk (at least as far as i'm aware of).

i made the mistake of thinking i could discuss this with you w/out you resorting to insults......my bad!

I wasn't insulting you. I said (and apparently should have emphasized)*IF* you talk that way on a job interview, to your professors, etc, then...

Also, just what's this "group" of people you keep talking about. I just dont understand why you say anyone here has stereotyped anybody.

i didn't say he was insulting me...he was just flat out being insulting. please read my posts more carefully...

...i don't think it's fair to be called STUPID for using slang where it normally isn't used. if you ask me, it's downright INFORMAL to say something like that.
Stupid, perhaps that word is strong. But that it shows "a distinct lack of tact" and or "an inability to understand the proper respect a gravity of certain situations", those statements would be true.

Optimus Prime is a military leader, more to it, he is a Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson all rolled into one. He is the embodiment of morally upstanding individuals in American culture. And he is in the middle of a heated war. Leave the levity up to Jazz and Ratchet.

to everyone who has a problem with Prime saying "my bad"......would you have a problem with Prime saying "my fault"?
No, because that's probably how Prime would phrase that. Now Jazz, on the other hand, who is obsessed with American (music, specifically Hip Hop, Jazz and Blues) culture would definitely say "my bad".

Optimus Prime is a military leader, more to it, he is a Abraham Lincoln, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson all rolled into one. He is the embodiment of morally upstanding individuals in American culture. And he is in the middle of a heated war. Leave the levity up to Jazz and Ratchet.

:up:

"My fault" is not a colloquialism. It's an expression.

i agree,it's no biggie just a bit of fun like in T2.......For realz G's:woot:

Hunter, ol' buddy... hi, how's everything. Um, can you do me a favor?

rent this wonderful film and see if you like it. I don't think you've seen it yet... should be enlightening. :hyper:

ScoobyDooMovieBig.jpg

If some of you guys are bent out of shape because Prime says a couple silly things in the movie...then you better take off your rose colored glasses and go re-watch the G1 cartoon...because this ain't nothing compared to some of the stuff Prime says in that. :)

Geez this is like superman saying "bichin"

Hunter, ol' buddy... hi, how's everything. Um, can you do me a favor?

rent this wonderful film and see if you like it. I don't think you've seen it yet... should be enlightening. :hyper:

ScoobyDooMovieBig.jpg

You're posting under 2 SN's at once:csad: anyway never seen my spritely fellow but i doubt it will have any bearing Prime knocking out a fun "hip" line:cwink:

I like to try new things... like rotating between different names to maximize my trolling efficiency.

Oh yes, I think you'd benefit from a viewing of Scooby Doo. For fans of the original scooby doo (me) it was... how do I put this... torture.

Would the bad guy have gotten away with it if not for those pesky kids ? b/c if so then all is well.

I don't really remember its ending. Some weird thing happened that made no sense. What you will find is plenty of hip stuff during the bits when fred, daphne, and velma become hip for some reason. It's mostly just a bunch of bad cgi and a silly farting contest, lcd stuff, but if that's your kind of film, I won't judge u 4 it. tis all mere opinion I guess.

If some of you guys are bent out of shape because Prime says a couple silly things in the movie...then you better take off your rose colored glasses and go re-watch the G1 cartoon...because this ain't nothing compared to some of the stuff Prime says in that. :)

I've watched G1 recently. Prime is Prime, no deviation from character. WTH are you talking about?

I've watched G1 recently. Prime is Prime, no deviation from character. WTH are you talking about?
I remember Prime some pretty dumb things in the G1 cartoon. It was in the ep when he was playing basketball with Spike and the Dinobots in season 2. Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was cringe worthy. But this was a cartoon....

I remember Prime some pretty dumb things in the G1 cartoon. It was in the ep when he was playing basketball with Spike and the Dinobots in season 2. Can't remember exactly what it was, but it was cringe worthy. But this was a cartoon....
He was mis-speaking all the basketball terms. Calling dribbling "drooling" and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"