Peter Petrelli Speculation

Sebastos

le professionnel
Reaction score
In the recent events and episodes of 'Heroes' we've seen that maybe he might have the ability to fly just like his brother. But what occured to me was that he struggled with the ability. What if he can fly can from a different power? Meaning why would there be two of them that can fly? I think there's more to Peter and maybe his power isn't to fly. But to MIMIC those that are around him. We've seen the ones that have powers and it would pretty much make sense wouldn't it?

What do you guys think?

It's pretty obvious. I mean, if you remember, he drew a picture of himself flying in the same circumstances that he did at the end of the episode shortly befor it happened, and about a day after he had contact with Isaac.

Exactly my point. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode to see what happens.

Or he has the ability to use other peoples powers like the TV guide stated.

Did any of you see episode 2? Near the end Peter found out he is able to fly as well.

I wonder if there's a time limit to how long he can use the other heroes' powers.

using other people's powers is cheap
get your own power you lousy bum

Mistopurr83 said:
Did any of you see episode 2? Near the end Peter found out he is able to fly as well.

Yeah did you the drawing he did, just likethe painter: seeing the future as well? Heince the mimic power. I said this in another forum that the male nurse/brother is the male version of Rogue.

He said he was floating before he fell/got out of bed.
Case closed. :)

tecnowraith said:
Yeah did you the drawing he did, just likethe painter: seeing the future as well? Heince the mimic power. I said this in another forum that the male nurse/brother is the male version of Rogue.

More like an organic Amazo. He doesn't drain their life force. He simply copies their physical atributes by being near them.

GhostPoet said:
He said he was floating before he fell/got out of bed.
Case closed. :)
he drew a picture of himself floating BEFORE he did it
case open

My brother's theory is that Peter has no powers at all. That his dreams of flying are because of his natural connection to his brother and that his floating at the end of Ep 2 had to do with his brother controlling him more than Ptere himself doing anything.

I personally believe he is a mimic, but that was already mentioned.

During the previews, they called him the Dreamer. I always thought his abilties would either be prophetic and empathic. The Painter is the prophetic one.

After watching the first episode, I was dead set on Empathy.

In the thread on the first episode, someone mentioned in an interview he told his ability was empathy.

The second episode confirms this in a way.

Empathy, the ability to feel or experience what another person is feeling or experiencing. This can be stretched to powers. So you could very easily call it Mimic, Copy, Power Absorbtion, etc.

The following is the list of our evidence for this power:

Episode 1, he knew when his brother got injured far away.
Episode 1, he claims to know what the painters girlfriends comatose father is feeling(he enjoys a particular news section read to him).
Episode 1, he only flew after he was in close contact with his brother.
Episode 2, he only hovered after being in close contact with his brother.
Episode 2, in Episode 1 he came in contact with the Painter (prophet). While in the hospital, he draws a picture of him hovering towards his brother on rooftop (which obviously came true).
Episode 3, he knows the right time to make the right move on the girl he's into.

The main focus in the first episode is how Peter is always concerned and giving to other people. The primary focus on empathy is human feeling and emotion. As I've said before, it's not a hard stretch to bring that over for powers.

Perfectly stated, Mixarian. Also, the fact that in this episode, despite everything, he still couldn't fly by his lonesome. Why? Nathan wasn't around.

Is it possible Nathan could actually be Syler? I mean everyone else on the show is amazed, curious, speculative about there power..........except Nathan. And why go through the trouble of hidding Syler's identity unless it's someone we know. Him being telekenetic would explain him making Peter believe he can fly. Also if Nathan is trying to hide his powers at the cost of making his brother look foolish why not take out anyone else who could get in the way of that?

8atman said:
Is it possible Nick could actually be Syler? I mean everyone else on the show is amazed, curious, speculative about there power..........except Nick. And why go through the trouble of hidding Syler's identity unless it's someone we know. Him being telekenetic would explain him making Peter believe he can fly. Also if Nick is trying to hide his powers at the cost of making his brother look foolish why not take out anyone else who could get in the way of that?
his name is Nathan, not Nick

The Iron Fist said:
In the recent events and episodes of 'Heroes' we've seen that maybe he might have the ability to fly just like his brother. But what occured to me was that he struggled with the ability. What if he can fly can from a different power? Meaning why would there be two of them that can fly? I think there's more to Peter and maybe his power isn't to fly. But to MIMIC those that are around him. We've seen the ones that have powers and it would pretty much make sense wouldn't it?

What do you guys think?

thats what i thought, after seeing that i was like wait isnt isaac the one who draws the future?

it explains why he cant fly when hes by himself, such as at the end of episode 3 when the kid watches as he keeps falling

8atman said:
Is it possible Nathan could actually be Syler? I mean everyone else on the show is amazed, curious, speculative about there power..........except Nathan. And why go through the trouble of hidding Syler's identity unless it's someone we know. Him being telekenetic would explain him making Peter believe he can fly. Also if Nathan is trying to hide his powers at the cost of making his brother look foolish why not take out anyone else who could get in the way of that?

I entertained that notion too until I read the NBC Heroes Comics. Assuming they are cannon, it shows Nathan actually going out of his way to use his powers to save someone, meaning that there is some good in him after all.

i know wikipedia isnt cannon or anything, but its reporting his powers to be mimicry

8atman said:

Flight and Telekinesis are different abilities. If Nathan was a mass murdering serial killer, Peter would know because of his empathic connection with his brother.

Kaboom said:
i know wikipedia isnt cannon or anything, but its reporting his powers to be mimicry
He did after all state empathy in an interview (or so we've been told).

It's true, we'll have to wait and out and see if he even has powers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"