Dark Phoenix Petition to release the original version of Dark Phoenix

I'd be up for seeing the original cut as an alternate version on the Blu-ray.
I think since those scenes were already filmed, it would be more of a waste to just store them in FoX's cloud library. At least, with the deleted scenes, we could at least know for sure if the original 3rd act is better or worse.

However there are so many scenes filmed for Dofp, X2 and First Class that weren't included for the home media release. The Gambit/Marrow/Beast scene in X2 during Cerebro's mutant attack (mentioned in X2's dvd commentary). Storm and company interaction with Bishop when they arrived in the X-temple (seen in a bts clip). Havok in costume blasting outside of the X-mansion (seen in the trailer). The deleted scenes shown in Fant4stic's first trailer weren't even released for home media as well.

I think since those scenes were already filmed, it would be more of a waste to just store them in FoX's cloud library. At least, with the deleted scenes, we could at least know for sure if the original 3rd act is better or worse.

However there are so many scenes filmed for Dofp, X2 and First Class that weren't included for the home media release. The Gambit/Marrow/Beast scene in X2 during Cerebro's mutant attack (mentioned in X2's dvd commentary). Storm and company interaction with Bishop when they arrived in the X-temple (seen in a bts clip). Havok in costume blasting outside of the X-mansion (seen in the trailer). The deleted scenes shown in Fant4stic's first trailer weren't even released for home media as well.

Well they may as well empty the archives and cutting room for the last time, as Disney is never gonna revisit these films.

I'd like as much unseen material as possible, bringing the FoX-Men to a final conclusion when the Blu-ray and box set hits...

Wasn't there a ton of X-Men 1 footage that never made the final cut? I remember hearing about it but never much about what it was. I'd love to see the vaults raided. There was an X3 moment in the behind the scenes doc that never surfaced in the deleted scenes (where Storm talks to X about her past) which was nice.

I don't expect much fanfare though. Home media isn't what it was, Disney never put much effort in, and of course Dark Phoenix sunk like a stone.

Wasn't there a ton of X-Men 1 footage that never made the final cut? I remember hearing about it but never much about what it was. I'd love to see the vaults raided. There was an X3 moment in the behind the scenes doc that never surfaced in the deleted scenes (where Storm talks to X about her past) which was nice.

I don't expect much fanfare though. Home media isn't what it was, Disney never put much effort in, and of course Dark Phoenix sunk like a stone.

On the plus side, those production companies who invested in Dark Phoenix will want their money back so a bumper Blu-ray edition / box set will help recoup funds.

On the downside, Disney has never been big on special edition releases and might just want the Blu-ray to come and go quietly so it can start putting its own X-Men plans into place.

On the plus side, those production companies who invested in Dark Phoenix will want their money back so a bumper Blu-ray edition / box set will help recoup funds.

On the downside, Disney has never been big on special edition releases and might just want the Blu-ray to come and go quietly so it can start putting its own X-Men plans into place.
They are though, with their animated films.

But I just don't think they have the same affection to foX's Marvel movies. I don't know, maybe the old staff from foX would consider releasing an eXtra edition, Darker PhoeniX eXtravanganza edition or something. I wonder if they are gonna do a box set collection for the series.

I want the Dark Phoenix: Kinberg masterpiece Edition in my collection

After seeing this movie for the 5 time. I'm starting to think there's no fixing it because of the climax of the movie. After the train when Jean move them all to a new area she fights 6 aliens while the X-Men just stand there and watch. It felt kind of weak. It should have been 100 aliens and she showing some serious destructive powers there. But come on, she literally fights only 6 aliens and goes up with the last one to space and says "My emotions make me strong". It really felt weak because I didn't see any strength to begin with. They won't be able to fix this weak climax on digital release. The only thing they can do is to give more context to us with extended scene of dialogue between the characters. Like Magneto say "The dream is dead". I really hope to live long enough to see what Marvel will do with the X-Men but the "woke" movement makes me not want to watch movies of this Era anymore. The X-Women line had nothing to do with this movie.

There are some things that can't be fixed even with an Extended Edition.
1. The climax is weak with Jean only fighting literally 6 aliens and we don't get to see the Phoenix fire bird.
2. They never explain what the Phoenix force is. They don't even call it by Phoenix Force, they just call it "Power". Even the aliens who knew about the Phoenix only call by the name "Power". Is like Simon is afraid of embracing the comics. The one scene they use the word "Phoenix" is when Cyclops tell Jean that the kids are calling her Phoenix. That it. The name of the movie is Dark Phoenix and there's only one time in the entire movie when the word "Phoenix" is used.
3. Mystique again leading the X-Men. Should habe been Cyclops.

I give up.

No extended version is needed. There are just some things that can't be fixed.

I’m just curious but why did you see this 5 times if there were obvious problems with it? I can see maybe seeing it twice to give it a chance but 5 times isn’t cheap.

30 additional minutes would probably help a lot. If it fleshes out Jean and the D’Bari more, extends the fight sequences and expands the resolution conversation on the MCU train, then, yeah, I’d be down with that. It won’t make the movie great. Nowhere near, probably. But I feel like there’s potential there for a good movie. I highly doubt we’ll ever get to see it. And, really, I’m not sure it’s worth it either way.

I’m just curious but why did you see this 5 times if there were obvious problems with it? I can see maybe seeing it twice to give it a chance but 5 times isn’t cheap.
There are some great scenes. I feel like the movie started great with the space mission then suddenly they didn't know how to move forward anymore. The whole third act doesn't fit this movie. And I think that the climax is what makes this movie to feel weak. I think I already a lot of times here. The final fight scene where Jean defeats only 5 aliens should have been at least 50 aliens and we should have seen in this scene the fire bird Phoenix behind Jean, that would be amazing.

They called the movie Dark Phoenix but I don't really feel like we saw the Dark Phoenix.

Anyway I saw 5 times because overall I like the movie. I feel like this movie is a 7 but I was expecting a 10.

hell, the movie didnt even have a real Phoenix.
its like a huge joke from Fox and Kinberg. All this talk of Phoenix this, Phoenix that, Dark phoenix saga, Dark Phoenix adaptation, Phoenix this, Phoenix that..... and they just showed "the Phoenix" for one little second from so far behind, in the last scenes of the movie, and not even in battle.

Talk about a totally f**** up studio and creative team (person), and fan. Fan my ***

I think I'm paraphrasing a Joss Whedon quote but normally when you have problems with the third act, it's because there are also problems with the first and second. I don't think upping the ante of Jean's powers in the final action sequence would make much of a difference. The emotional resolution lacked because Jean's arc was flimsy the whole way through.

30 additional minutes would probably help a lot. If it fleshes out Jean and the D’Bari more, extends the fight sequences and expands the resolution conversation on the MCU train, then, yeah, I’d be down with that. It won’t make the movie great. Nowhere near, probably. But I feel like there’s potential there for a good movie. I highly doubt we’ll ever get to see it. And, really, I’m not sure it’s worth it either way.
I think they are done with the X-Men. The cut scenes will probably be on blu-ray as extra content.

X-Men Apocalypse was considered a bad movie and yet made a lot of money at the box office. It stands as the

hell, the movie didnt even have a real Phoenix.
its like a huge joke from Fox and Kinberg. All this talk of Phoenix this, Phoenix that, Dark phoenix saga, Dark Phoenix adaptation, Phoenix this, Phoenix that..... and they just showed "the Phoenix" for one little second from so far behind, in the last scenes of the movie, and not even in battle.

Talk about a totally f**** up studio and creative team (person), and fan. Fan my ***
I have to agree. They also didn't refer to Jean as The Phoenix. In fact they only use the word "Phoenix" once in the whole movie when Cyclops tells Jean that's what the kids are calling her. That's it. Nothing about the Phoenix force was explained. They didn't even explained why Jean manifested Phoenix powers in the previous movie. I know the reason cause I read comics, the Phoenix can manifest in it intended host even when it is across the universe, but they didn't explain that in the movie for the people who don't know about the Phoenix from the comics.

I think I'm paraphrasing a Joss Whedon quote but normally when you have problems with the third act, it's because there are also problems with the first and second. I don't think upping the ante of Jean's powers in the final action sequence would make much of a difference. The emotional resolution lacked because Jean's arc was flimsy the whole way through.
I think that upping the destruction and chaos and the Phoenix powers in third act would at least give the summer moviegoers one more reason to go see the movie again and personally for me would give me the satisfaction of seeing the real Phoenix in this movie. It was so underwhelming seeing in that final scene the X-men standing and watching as Jean kills literally only 6 Aliens and then goes away. Very weak.

6 aliens?
more like 6 random human looking extras. So laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Like, most lame final battle ever?
totally underwhelming, and not on par with 2015-2019 cbm movies.

They were also all wearing clothes that you .can pick up at the mall.

Yeah I can't really tell if this movie was directed by a X-Men fan, that no one is wearing their X-Men costume in the final act. Can you imagine Endgame and have everyone in street clothes including Thanos in that final battle?

6 aliens?
more like 6 random human looking extras. So laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Like, most lame final battle ever?
totally underwhelming, and not on par with 2015-2019 cbm movies.
It was very underwhelming indeed. The 8 people besides me that were in the theater felt so disappointed. One screamed "That's it?". And I was glad that it was because I couldn't take it anymore.

There are just so many wrong things with this movie like since when Jean and Mystique are BEST FRIENDS? Mean, Jean was like "Alright Mystique I trust you, if you say its good then its good". That felt so empty and out of nowhere. In any of the previous X-men movies nothing ever indicated that Jean and Mystique were best friends.

And, once again Cyclops gets screwed. Mystique leads the X-Men to the Space, NOT Cyclops.

I honestly feel relieved that this series are done. If they still releases New Mutants on theater I'm not going to bother to go watch it. This franchise should have ended with Days of Future Past which would have been the perfect end. Logan, Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix kind of screw up the timeline AGAIN, after they fixed everything in Days of Future Past.

Tyler Sheridan was never a good choice for Cyclops. This was supposed to be a fully grown adult Cyclops. Sheridan looked like he should still be playing at the kids table in this film.

Sorry but them's the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"