Dark Phoenix Petition to release the original version of Dark Phoenix

Who is the troll....the 14 year vet of a site expressing his opinion about the maker of a movie (on a website designed for the free expression of opinions about movies)....or the new guy who comes here and with his first post insults and name calls another poster for expressing his opinion about a film maker? I know which one is acting the troll in this instance....and I suggest you post more civilly in the future.

"Expressing his opinion"? Sure, so it's okay to go off on Kinberg, call him a hack while ignoring the impossible circumstances surrounding the whole thing. Also, I'm not a new guy, i created a new account but I've been around these parts for years. Suggest whatever you like, I will NOT stand by and watch people disrespect a filmmaker like that, opinion be damned.

The TRUTH is that all the blame is always laid solely at Kinberg's feet by certain individuals and it's unfair and a lie. Peace out.

Cry me a friggen river. No one forced Kinberg to write, direct and produce. If he can't make a competent product without blaming external forces if said product gets bad reviews, perhaps he should think long and hard about his directing dreams. Other directors have delivered better movies with more pressures and lesser budgets.

He also likely made north of $8Mil for this "effort." He made $8Mil each for DOFP and Apocalypse, and he didn't direct then.

We'll see how that all-female spy movie pans out. I won't be surprised if he's replaced as director, with a made-up excuse.

Are you doing it on purpose? Let's put you in a situation where you're working on TWO superhero films, and 2 months before shooting begins "oh yeah, guys, by the way, it's just the one film now, bye". So many of you are not filmmakers and it shows, you seem to have no empathy or understanding of the situation? How do you look at this situation and answer with a pathetic "cry me a friggen river".

Try being in the same situation, we'll see how you pull it off. Also, he's done some directing on DOFP and Apocalypse and was instrumental on DOFP along with Ottoman and a few other folks in shaping the film in post when Singer was out doing god knows what.

Are you doing it on purpose? Let's put you in a situation where you're working on TWO superhero films, and 2 months before shooting begins "oh yeah, guys, by the way, it's just the one film now, bye". So many of you are not filmmakers and it shows, you seem to have no empathy or understanding of the situation? How do you look at this situation and answer with a pathetic "cry me a friggen river".

Try being in the same situation, we'll see how you pull it off. Also, he's done some directing on DOFP and Apocalypse and was instrumental on DOFP along with Ottoman and a few other folks in shaping the film in post when Singer was out doing god knows what.

The "Let's see you do a better job!" argument is complete and utter garbage , since none of us (I think) are extremely wealthy and connected Hollywood producers who can hire ourselves to direct a $200M tent pole superhero flick without prior directorial experience. Kinberg's work on Apocalypse and FFINO didn't show anyone, including Simon hisownself, that he was right for the job.

And full disclosure, I sometimes also criticize athletes when they screw up, despite being 30 years past an athletic career that peaked in high school. Crazy!

The fact is, anyone paying the slightest bit of attention saw this coming when it was announced first time director Kinberg was tackling the Dark Phoenix saga for a second time and he was bringing Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence back with him. This disaster was inevitable.

What if it's a masterpiece and every critic love it? And they go and say "Why didn't they release this version in theater?".

Except it wouldn’t be...you know Fox actually saw the original ending, right? You think they spent millions on reshooting the movie for fun?

What if real aliens come down and release not only the Snyder cut but a cure to diabetes? I mean there’s literally no reason to think that, but if you can just say “what if” over your nonsense then me too.

Dude, I wish Spider-Man 3 had been great. I really do. However, as much as I did NOT hate it, I didn't jump up and shout, "Give me the Raimi CUT! Studio interference forced Venom into this film! I want the true version!"
Would it have been better? Probably. However, it doesn't exist, and, unlike Park Phoenix, which is bombing, it made a ton of money back in the day, so there was no need to re-release it. Dark Phoenix didn't even pull in HALF of JUSTICE LEAGUE'S opening weekend.
Not. Even. Half.
Justice League actually had 2 directors who had different visions of it. Now, Snyder's vision was crap, and Whedon's was half-baked Avengers-lite, but there were two distinct films vying for screen time and direction. An argument could be made for a director's cut from Snyder (for whatever reason someone would want that crap), especially since there is an extended cut of BvS which, although still pretty bad, is marginally less bad than the theatrical cut.

Kinberg helped write the movie. He directed the movie. He has been outed as having done DAILY rewrites on set, keeping the actors from having ANY chance to really settle into their characters or have a clue as to what is going on. He directed his script and now people expect a director's cut of a film under one director who also wrote it...?

Nope. This was the director's cut. Best case, you get deleted scenes of the original ending. The studio will be more than happy to cut and run, make a boxed set with all the X-movies, and throw this film in there. I mean, it can still be used as a coaster while you watch the good movies. No need to ruin a perfectly good end table, after all.

This. Holy crap, people are PATHETIC these days

Okay so if you go to a restaurant and your food is a burnt crisp you’re not allowed to complain? If you take your car for an oil change and the mechanic uses old used oil from someone else you’re not allowed to have an issue because you’re not a mechanic?

One of the talking heads on Screen Junkies said that he could tell where the reshoots picked up because McAvoy went from having a shaved head to wearing a bald cap. :funny: Not as bad as Kate Mara's ratty wig, but still.

Wow.
The prosecution rests, your honor!

You
They were still under Apocalypse influence.

You’re the one claiming they were done such justice.

So the sympathetic, kind Warren Worthington who comes from money became a cage-fighting villain who gets killed without a hint of the original character beyond blond hair and wings. Yet you claim they were done right, and you call anyone who doesn’t share an opinion a “casual.”

You might want to try reading a comic book sometime.

Okay so if you go to a restaurant and your food is a burnt crisp you’re not allowed to complain? If you take your car for an oil change and the mechanic uses old used oil from someone else you’re not allowed to have an issue because you’re not a mechanic?

You: Waiter, there's a fly in my soup!

Waiter: Well you try making it then and see how you do!

:o

This is exactly what the internet needed. Another mythical cut of a superhero movie for nerds to obsess over.

Why can't some fans simply accept the fact that the movies they've anticipated sometimes turn out to be disappointing? All of us have had this experience in the past and we'll doubtless feel the same crushing let-down with some future poorly-reviewed bomb(s). These things happen.

Instead of concocting conspiracy theories and hopeless petitions, it's better to just move on. Goodness knows, I've mourned the failure of films I truly cared about (Green Lantern, RIP). But after a while you get over it. It's only a movie.

Lol, yeah. It's weird how people are just ignoring that this is the same guy who messed with Josh Trank's movie. Kinberg is just having a taste of his own medicine.

I hope instead of releasing the Kinberg Cut of Dark Phoenix, Disney commission the Trank Cut of Dark Phoenix instead. :o

Lol, yeah. It's weird how people are just ignoring that this is the same guy who messed with Josh Trank's movie. Kinberg is just having a taste of his own medicine.

Ha! I didn’t realize he was behind that. That said, I don’t believe for a second that ANY cut of FantFourStic is good.

You

You’re the one claiming they were done such justice.

So the sympathetic, kind Warren Worthington who comes from money became a cage-fighting villain who gets killed without a hint of the original character beyond blond hair and wings. Yet you claim they were done right, and you call anyone who doesn’t share an opinion a “casual.”

You might want to try reading a comic book sometime.

Bazinga!
:funny:

FOR EVERYONE'S INFORMATION.....

Uncensored cursing is NOT allowed on the HYPE. DO NOT post pictures with uncensored cursing in them.

"So many of you are not filmmakers and it shows."

Oh god, he really got us, guys.

Anyways, do we know what Steven Weintraub has said (or if he's said anything at all) since the release of the movie? He's been one of Kinberg's biggest champions during the run-up of the movie, even sticking with him thru the various delays.

Last edited:
how on earth should we have empathy with someone involved in the decline of both Fantastic four and X-Men franchises???

like someone said days ago, it requires certain talent to fail to both the X-Men and Fantastic four ta,king them to the ground.

Why are you putting the blame all on Kinberg? It was the studio that ordered budget cuts at the last minute and major rewrites. Tank also has accepted part of the blame, so his cut probably wasn’t good.

This is not the thread for discussing Trank or Fantastic Four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"