Petition to release the original version of Dark Phoenix

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by TheNewSlayer, Jun 12, 2019.

1. JaxTeller Registered

"Expressing his opinion"? Sure, so it's okay to go off on Kinberg, call him a hack while ignoring the impossible circumstances surrounding the whole thing. Also, I'm not a new guy, i created a new account but I've been around these parts for years. Suggest whatever you like, I will NOT stand by and watch people disrespect a filmmaker like that, opinion be damned.

The TRUTH is that all the blame is always laid solely at Kinberg's feet by certain individuals and it's unfair and a lie. Peace out.

2. JaxTeller Registered

Are you doing it on purpose? Let's put you in a situation where you're working on TWO superhero films, and 2 months before shooting begins "oh yeah, guys, by the way, it's just the one film now, bye". So many of you are not filmmakers and it shows, you seem to have no empathy or understanding of the situation? How do you look at this situation and answer with a pathetic "cry me a friggen river".

Try being in the same situation, we'll see how you pull it off. Also, he's done some directing on DOFP and Apocalypse and was instrumental on DOFP along with Ottoman and a few other folks in shaping the film in post when Singer was out doing god knows what.

3. Zarex Registered

The "Let's see you do a better job!" argument is complete and utter garbage , since none of us (I think) are extremely wealthy and connected Hollywood producers who can hire ourselves to direct a $200M tent pole superhero flick without prior directorial experience. Kinberg's work on Apocalypse and FFINO didn't show anyone, including Simon hisownself, that he was right for the job.

And full disclosure, I sometimes also criticize athletes when they screw up, despite being 30 years past an athletic career that peaked in high school. Crazy!

The fact is, anyone paying the slightest bit of attention saw this coming when it was announced first time director Kinberg was tackling the Dark Phoenix saga for a second time and he was bringing Fassbender, McAvoy and Lawrence back with him. This disaster was inevitable.

4. Lookhowfunnyiam Registered

Except it wouldn’t be...you know Fox actually saw the original ending, right? You think they spent millions on reshooting the movie for fun?

What if real aliens come down and release not only the Snyder cut but a cure to diabetes? I mean there’s literally no reason to think that, but if you can just say “what if” over your nonsense then me too.

Tymminator and Kahran Ramsus like this.
  5. Lookhowfunnyiam Registered

This. Holy crap, people are PATHETIC these days

Tymminator, Xeno and shinlyle like this.
  6. Lookhowfunnyiam Registered

Okay so if you go to a restaurant and your food is a burnt crisp you’re not allowed to complain? If you take your car for an oil change and the mechanic uses old used oil from someone else you’re not allowed to have an issue because you’re not a mechanic?

7. shinlyle King of the Haters

Wow.
    The prosecution rests, your honor!

8. Lookhowfunnyiam Registered

You
    You’re the one claiming they were done such justice.

So the sympathetic, kind Warren Worthington who comes from money became a cage-fighting villain who gets killed without a hint of the original character beyond blond hair and wings. Yet you claim they were done right, and you call anyone who doesn’t share an opinion a “casual.”

You might want to try reading a comic book sometime.

Tymminator and SumT like this.
  9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

You: Waiter, there's a fly in my soup!

Waiter: Well you try making it then and see how you do!

:o

10. Abudefduf Registered

This is exactly what the internet needed. Another mythical cut of a superhero movie for nerds to obsess over.

EnDz0n3 and shinlyle like this.
  11. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well at least we got the Kinberg Cut of Fant4stic. :o

Deck Rickard likes this.
  12. Abudefduf Registered

Lol, yeah. It's weird how people are just ignoring that this is the same guy who messed with Josh Trank's movie. Kinberg is just having a taste of his own medicine.

Tymminator, shinlyle, EnDz0n3 and 3 others like this.
  13. Xeno That's America's ass!

Why can't some fans simply accept the fact that the movies they've anticipated sometimes turn out to be disappointing? All of us have had this experience in the past and we'll doubtless feel the same crushing let-down with some future poorly-reviewed bomb(s). These things happen.

Instead of concocting conspiracy theories and hopeless petitions, it's better to just move on. Goodness knows, I've mourned the failure of films I truly cared about (Green Lantern, RIP). But after a while you get over it. It's only a movie.

14. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I hope instead of releasing the Kinberg Cut of Dark Phoenix, Disney commission the Trank Cut of Dark Phoenix instead. :o

SumT and Deck Rickard like this.
  15. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Ha! I didn’t realize he was behind that. That said, I don’t believe for a second that ANY cut of FantFourStic is good.

16. SumT Registered

Bazinga!
    :funny:

Tymminator and shinlyle like this.
  17. shinlyle King of the Haters

Yep. This right here.

Tymminator likes this.
  18. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

FOR EVERYONE'S INFORMATION.....

Uncensored cursing is NOT allowed on the HYPE. DO NOT post pictures with uncensored cursing in them.

19. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

"So many of you are not filmmakers and it shows."

Oh god, he really got us, guys.

Anyways, do we know what Steven Weintraub has said (or if he's said anything at all) since the release of the movie? He's been one of Kinberg's biggest champions during the run-up of the movie, even sticking with him thru the various delays.

#94 EnDz0n3, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  20. SumT Registered

how on earth should we have empathy with someone involved in the decline of both Fantastic four and X-Men franchises???

like someone said days ago, it requires certain talent to fail to both the X-Men and Fantastic four ta,king them to the ground.

21. Erik Lensherr Registered

22. Hand Banana Registered

Why are you putting the blame all on Kinberg? It was the studio that ordered budget cuts at the last minute and major rewrites. Tank also has accepted part of the blame, so his cut probably wasn’t good.

23. Hand Banana Registered

Josh Trank doesn’t either.

#98 Hand Banana, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Deck Rickard likes this.
  24. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

This is not the thread for discussing Trank or Fantastic Four.

25. Hand Banana Registered

Apologies.