Phase 3 Anticipation Ranking

Godzillasaurus

Someone with no strings
Reaction score
Does a thread like this already exist? Well if it doesn't, what you will be doing here is ranking the Phase 3 films based on your anticipation for them.

So here is mine (least to greatest anticipation):

9. Captain Marvel- Unfamiliar with the character. Seems cheesy
8. Doctor Strange- Unfamiliar with the character. Seems cheesy but less-so than CM
7. Inhumans- Unfamiliar, but sounds like a cool idea (another team-up)
6. Thor Ragnarok- Not a huge fan of the first two Thor films, but considering how this one will continue the Loki arc, it sounds interesting
5. Black Panther- A little unfamiliar with the character, but it sounds really neat, not to mention how it is considerably more grounded than the previous films in this list
4. Guardians of the Galaxy 2- Can't wait to see what they can do with Thanos in this one and how it will lead into IW
3. Spiderman- Obviously, it's Spiderman in the frickin MCU! What is not to love?
2. Civil War- Team Cap vs Team Ironman... Nuff said
1. Infinity War (both parts)- Supposedly every character that has been built-up in the MCU facing-off against Thanos and his army; too much epicness!!!

What about you guys?

9. Inhumans- No idea who they are
8. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2- Didn't care for the first one
7. Captain America: Civil War- I hate putting this here. Winter Soldier is my favorite CBM, but this film is so crowded and AoU left a sour taste for ensemble films
6. Avengers: Infinity War Part I and Part II- As stated above, Age of Ultron killed a lot of my interest in team up films. In addition, I find the first Avengers to be a bit overrated. However, this is the big moment.
5. Doctor Strange- Don't know a lot but I enjoy Cumberbatch
4. Captain Marvel- Like Carol Danvers
3. Thor: Ragnarok- Supposed to be on Winter Soldier levels.
2. Black Panther- Been waiting for this one
1. Spider-Man- Sorry not sorry. I'm a spidey-fan.

This is all subject to change of course

9. Doctor Strange- This will be good, but I'm not nearly as invested in Strange as the other characters.
8. Inhumans- I can't wait to see Black Bolt and Medusa on film. I'm intrigued to see how they tie in AoS into this.
7. Black Panther- I'm very excited ror this film, just slightly less than the others. BP is such a bad ass in the comics, and I'm hoping they utilize him correctly, which is my only worry for the film.
6. Thor Ragnarok- Enjoyed the first two, but this one sounds like it's going to be off the charts. Plus I really enjoy the Ragnarok line of comics.
5. Guardians of the Galaxy 2- Loved the first one. I'm pumped to see what new characters they bring in and how they tie it to the other MCU movies leading up to IF.
4. Spiderman- From what I'm hearing, Marvel is taking this in the right direction, and I can't wait to see him done correctly.
3. Captain Marvel- I love Carol, she's my second favorite hero behind Spidey. I'm more looking forward to her because she's new and we need more female heroes in the MCU.
2. Civil War- Hero on hero action with a larger roster and new players, directed by the directors who made my favorite MCU film to date.
1. Infinity War (both parts)- The culmination of more than a decade of build up across more than 15 movies. This is going to be something amazing to behold.

9. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Couldn't get into them. Not really into the whole space epic thing.
8. Inhumans - See above
7. Dr. Strange - Moderately excited. I'm not a huge Strange fan. What I know of him comes from him popping up in other people's books.
6. Black Panther - I know he's really big with a lot of fans, but he's kind of "middle of the road" for me. Nothing against him, but I've never been a huge fan.
5. Thor: Ragnorok - Definitely looking forward to this. I know a lot of you preferred the first Thor to the second, but I thought the second one was much better. Here's hoping the third is another step higher.
4. Spider-Man - I like Spidey. Most of us do. I really wasn't all that jazzed with the Amazing Spider-Man movies, so a reboot, one in the MCU, certainly has me excited.
3. Avengers: Infinity War - Age of Ultron was...decent. The first one was spectacular. I'm a fan of the Avengers series. Why stop now?
2. Captain Marvel - I've always dug Carol. I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say that I anticipate this will be one of Marvel's big sleeper hits.
1. Captain America: Civil War - I'm a Cap fanboy, I really enjoyed Winter Solider, and I'm one of the few people who liked the Civil War storyline from the comics. What's not to like?

Last edited:
9. Captain Marvel- I'm anticipating all of these films but one has to come last.
8. Black Panther- I'm not familiar with Chadwick Boseman.
7. Spider-Man- I'm a little tired of Spider-Man films. But I'm willing to be refreshed.
6. Inhumans- Love Inhuman comics but no cast or plot information.
5. Thor: Ragnarok- Love Chris and Tom as Thor and Loki. Hope it's better than the first two.
4. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2- Absolutely love the first one and this should really kick off Infinity War
3. Doctor Strange- Benedict Cumberbatch. That is all.
2. Captain America: Civil War- Avengers 2.5. Do I need to say any more?! And it's out next year!!!
1. Avengers: Infinity War Part I and Part II- This is what it's all been building up to. Should be an epic conclusion.

1) Doctor Strange
2) Black Panther
3) Inhumans (probably the closest we'll get to a Marvel Studios X-Men film)
4) Captain Marvel
5) Guardians of the Galaxy 2
6) Captain America: Civil War
7) Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
8) Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
9) Thor: Ragnarok
10) Spider-Man Re-Reboot

I'm all about the new IPs. I may skip Thor: Ragnarok and Spider-Man unless the reviews and word-of-mouth are solid.

From most to least.

1) Black Panther - I'm longtime fan of T'Challa, and would like to see a big screen treatment of him done right. It's about time we got a black superhero headlining a movie in the MCU.

2) Thor Ragnarok - Really hoping this will bring the series back on track. Loved the first film, The Dark World left me a bit cold. So here's me hoping this delivers the goods.

3) Captain America: Civil War - Just to set it straight, I hated Civil War, so I'm kind of wary of adapting it to the big screen. But Winter Soldier was a blast and the Russos are directing once more. Hyped.

4) Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers is a character I've never really followed despite her long history in comics (though I thought she was awesome in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes). That said, I'm glad she's going to be Captain Marvel for the MCU. Hope this paves the way for more female superhero films.

5) Doctor Strange - The director's filmography isn't really convincing me. But... it's Benedict Cumberbatch as the Sorceror Supreme! His presence alone will make this a must watch.

6) Inhumans - Still a long ways off. And I have no idea how they're going to approach this. But the Inhumans have always been intriguing and I'd like to see what they do on the big screen.

7) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - Not really hyped to be honest, even though I liked the first film immensely. I do want to see what Star Lord and the gang are up to now. This is just a case of wanting to see new properties take the stage.

8) Infinity War - So sue me. I'm not really hyped for Infinity War (despite me geeking out over Thanos' appearance at the end credits of the first Avengers). But the Russo's are directing so I think it'll be good.

9) Spider-Man - Eh. I'm kinda burnt out on Spidey after 5 films. But I'll still see it just to see how the MCU version of him is done.

10. Thor Ragnarok - I haven't seen the first two and don't plan to.
9. Infinity War Part 2 - I don't even know that I'm watching Part 1.
8. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - I haven't seen the first one and don't plan to.
7. Infinity War Part 1 - I didn't like The Avengers and haven't seen Age of Ultron yet, so...
6. Spiderman - This reboot is coming so fast (and after two previous versions), and I wasn't done with the Amazing franchise. It's up to Marvel to give me a reason why I should care right now.
5. Doctor Strange - It could be good but hasn't done anything to grab me yet. I wouldn't have cast Cumberbatch.
4. Black Panther - The Wakanda concept is different and pretty interesting.
3. Captain Marvel - A female-led superhero movie is a draw. I'm still waiting to see who plays her, which makes a big difference (Emily Blunt would pretty much kill my interest, but with a good lead I'd lean toward seeing it).
2. Inhumans - Not a lot to go on yet, but this could be cool. I don't know, maybe it appeals to me because it reminds me of X-Men.
1. Civil War - Both of the previous Captain America films rank high among my favorite CBMs, so this is an obvious one to watch.

1. Avengers: Infinity War (both parts) - it's what this is has all been building to, so I just hope it pays off.

2. Captain Marvel - "One of, if not THE, most powerful hero of the entire MCU." - Kevin Feige. And he described her as the bridge between cosmic and Earthbound Marvel. AND she just happens to be arriving in between the Infinity Wars? Oh yes, this will be epic. Plus, I love the modern incarnation of Carol Danvers in the comics to death, love the writers they have on board for this film, so I am SO here for this.

3. Black Panther - Long overdue. I love that Phase 3 will be introducing us to so many new marquee heroes after the mostly sequel-fest that was Phase 2...

4. Captain America: Civil War - ...that said, I'm always up for a good sequel, especially when it's to my favorite franchise of the MCU. :D

5. Inhumans - Like I said, I'm excited about all the new blood. Having recently read Paul Jenkins' superb run on this title from the late '90's, I think the Inhumans could be the most unique of the bunch.

6. Doctor Strange - I love that this will be introducing a whole new side to the MCU. Would probably be higher on my list if it was being made by a different director, but I love the cast and remain optimistic.

7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Might get higher once we have an idea of the storyline they're going with. I did love the 1st one quite a bit, but I still don't have total faith in James Gunn and this one's just a big question mark for me at the moment.

8. Thor Ragnarok - This is the most boring franchise of the MCU for me. Hopefully this film will change that.

9. Spider-Man - I'm just not excited about another high school Spidey, nor the team they've chosen for it. I look forward to seeing him interact with the Avengers, but that's about where my interest begins and ends with this character for now.

can't really rank them 1-9 but

most anticipated- Civil War, Infinity War 1&2, Captain Marvel, Ragnarok, Black Panther
somewhat anticipated- Doctor Strange, Inhumans, Gotg2
least anticipated- Spider-Man

1. Avengers: Infinity War (pt 1 and 2): This is what we've all been waiting for. I'm very excited to finally see Thanos tearing up our heroes. Plus all the Marvel characters that will be involved in this film.
2. Civil War: Captain America is my favorite fictional character, period. Can't wait to see his continued adventures, plus seeing my favorite heroes battle it out.
3. Thor: Ragnarok: Thor's first two outings have had stellar acting and some neat visuals, but they both felt held back a little. Hopefully this time Marvel goes all-out with Asgard/Thor visuals and action.
4. Black Panther: An African king/superhero, getting his own film? I'm all in.
5. Spider-Man: Although I have seen Spider-man on screen many times, I'm excited to see a spider-man with a larger world of beloved characters to play around with. I feel like this is the first "official" Spider-Man movie, in a way.
6. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2: I loved the first one, but I'm just not pumped about this film yet. I'm excited to hear more about the plot.
7. Captain Marvel: I'm not an expert on the character, but I am excited to see a female-led superhero film. And it should be visually amazing.
8. Doctor Strange
9. Inhumans

1. Black Panther - IDK a ton about the character, but from what I do he seems like an absolute BEAST!
2. Doctor Strange - Very excited to see magic introduced in the MCU.
3. Avengers: Infinity War (both parts) - Do I really need to explain this (though I am somewhat trepidatious about how they'll handle Thanos)?
4. Spider-Man - Yeah, Marvel's track record with the character as of late has been mediocre to say the least, but I can't help not feeling even the slightest bit excited about this.
5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Wasn't a fan of the first but I'll give this one a shot, and I support Chris Pratt as a fellow Washington State native (yeah I know I was born and lived the first five years of my life in California but I barely have any connections back there anymore).
6. Captain America: Civil War - Loved the Russos and Winter Soldier but I have some serious doubts about this.
7. Thor: Ragnarok - The first two were absolute wash if you ask me so I don't have high hopes for this.
8. Inhumans - I just don't know enough about this property to be properly excited.
9. Captain Marvel - See above

From most to least:

1) Doctor Strange - This is the movie I've always waited for. The cast, especially Cumberbatch and Swinton is exceptional. Also I'm a huge Strange fan
2) Black Panther - Lots of potential here. I just hope they find the right director
3) GOTG Vol 2 - I loved the first one and can't wait for more
4) Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 - The movie everything built up to since 2008. Of course I'm excited.
5) Thor: Ragnarok - The Thor series has so much potential to be truly epic. Hopefully the third one lives up to that potential
6) Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 - I'm not really feeling the hype at the moment
7) Inhumans - I'm not that familiar with the current status of the royal family and know nothing about MS's plans with the property, might get higher on the list as soon as cast or crew are announced
8) Captain America: Civil War - I have a bad feeling about this
9) Spider-Man Re-reboot - I've never been a huge Spidey fan and honestly, we had 5 movies with that character in the last 15 years already
10) Captain Marvel - Might be higher on the list if they had chosen Mar'Vell or Monica Rambeau over Carol !+#*&%" Danvers

I'm anticipating most equally but far less for Inhumans since they never interested me in the comics and they don't interest me now.

1) Doctor Strange
2) Inhumans
3) Black Panther
4) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
5) Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
6) Avengers: Infinity War Part 2
7) Captain America: Civil War
8) Spider-Man
9) Thor: Ragnarok
10) Captain Marvel

8) Captain America: Civil War - I have a bad feeling about this
not-okay-52255625261.png

Surprised with the unanticipated high excitement for CM. Then again I don't know her very well, and I also heavily prefer the more grounded Marvel films like CA and Ironman over the more "mystical" films like Thor and the like (is she even a more magic-based hero, or did I get that wrong?)

Surprised with the unanticipated high excitement for CM. Then again I don't know her very well, and I also heavily prefer the more grounded Marvel films like CA and Ironman over the more "mystical" films like Thor and the like (is she even a more magic-based hero, or did I get that wrong?)
No, her powers are sci-fi based, not magic. She gets caught in an explosion of a unique alien (Kree) device, and her DNA blends with another's. But you're right, she's not as grounded as Cap A and Iron Man. Her power-set is very Superman-like. She can fly at superspeeds, has super-strength (on a much higher level than Cap's) and her body is constantly absorbing all forms of energy, which she can convert to "cosmic blasts" (sorta like Supes' heat vision) which she usually shoots out of her hands. She's a fun character though, because she was originally Earthbound, unlike Thor, so at heart she's just an Air Force pilot from Boston who's tough and somewhat tomboyish but also has a dorky side (she's basically the Marvel universe's biggest Star Wars nerd, for example). She's just great fun to read and I look forward to seeing her brought to life.

not-okay-52255625261.png

Carol Danvers is a cosmic, not a mystical hero. She's a former Air Force pilot who gets abducted by an alien race known as the Kree and exposed a device known as the Psyche Magnitron which gives her powers and copies the DNA of Kree superhero, Mar-Vell(the original Captain Marvel) and she is turned into a human/kree hybrid with awesome powers. Feige described Carol as "one of, if not the most powerful hero" and her as being the bridge between the Earthbound and cosmic parts of Marvel. Given that her movie will take place between both Infinity War movies tells me that this movie along with Ragnarok will be the most important and epic movies tying into Infinity War.

10) Captain Marvel - Might be higher on the list if they had chosen Mar'Vell or Monica Rambeau over Carol !+#*&%" Danvers
There's a reason why Ant-Man was about Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym or that James Gunn didn't use The Guardians 3000 instead of the team you see in the movies. Some characters are current, others are not.

Mar-vell: Dude has been dead since the 80's

Monica: She fell off in the 90s or something.

Carol: She's been relevant in the comics since Civil War, which is more than I can say for Mar-Vell or Monica. She's the obvious choice for CM, obviously.

I disagree about Monica (I feel like she's had a resurgence in the last couple years), but her time as Captain Marvel was a blip in her history. I want to see her in the MCU ASAP, only as Spectrum (what she goes by now), not Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers was carrying the mantle for ages before she finally took it on officially. She's earned that title.

Last edited:
1. Captain Marvel: "One of, if not THE most powerful hero" according to Kevin Feige. He also describes carol as the bridge between the Marvel cosmic and Marvel Earth. Because of this, Captain Marvel and Thor will probably have the most important and epic films tying into Infinity War. Not to mention, Marvel's first lead female superhero, has an incredible powerbase of superstrength, durability, flight, energy blasts, and energy absorption. Her movie should prove to be a visual spectacle unlike anything we've seen so far.

2. Infinity War: I'd love to see how it all ends and more Captain Marvel, please.

3. Captain America: Civil War This movie will test the Russos' merits in being able to direct an ensemble cast. If this movie proves to be a hit, so will Infinity War. I loved TWS and loved the darker tone this film had. I can't wait to see my favorite superheroes duke it out, and please more Wanda and Vision would be awesome.

4. Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2: Absolutely had a blast with the first one and I can't see what James Gunn does with the characters the second time around.

5. Doctor Strange: Not to familiar with the character, but it just seems badass and Cumberbatch is an amazing actor. He will definitely bring a level of gravitas to Strange.

6. Inhumans:I've been following the exploration of the Inhumans mythos on Agents of Shield and I'm very curious as to how they will fit in to the Marvel Universe as a whole.

7. Black Panther: Not to familiar with him, but he's a total badass, so yeah. I'm curious as to what Wakanda will be doing between both Infinity War movies. T'Challa is one of the more grounded heroes.

8. Thor: Ragnarok: This movie has great potential to be totally epic, but I'm not giving my hopes up. Thor is the only major hero they still haven't done right by.

9. Spider-Man: I've seen him in five movies already, I'm sick of Spider-Man. His cameo in Civil War will be all the Spider-Man I need.

Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Spider-Man
Thor: Ragnarok
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Inhumans

I did like GotG... But I'm spoiled for choice here! There's so many great characters finally hitting the big screen... I'm sure this list will change at some point.

I disagree about Monica (I feel like she's had a resurgence in the last couple years), but her time as Captain Marvel was a blip in her history. I want to see her in the MCU ASAP, only as Spectrum (what she goes by now), not Captain Marvel. Carol Danvers was carrying the mantle for ages before she finally took it on officially. She's earned that title.

I agree to a point. Monica was in Time Runs Out and will be a part of the Ultimates team with Carol, but she's got a ways to go before Marvel gives her her own film. I was just saying her glory days are pretty much behind her.

1. The Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2 - Age of Ultron and The Avengers are two of my favorite movies of all-time, and Thanos is my favorite comic book villain. This has a realistic shot at being my favorite movie ever (Revenge of the Sith is #1 and Age of Ultron is #2 for some perspective).

2. Thor: Ragnarok
- I really liked the first two Thor movies, and this one has the potential to take things to a whole nother level.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2
- Loved the first movie. I have a couple ideas for what they could do here but really I have no idea. Excited to have Gunn take us along on another ride.

4. The Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 - No idea what to expect in Part 1, but Thanos is in it so that's all I need!

5. Black Panther
- One of the most unique superheroes in that he rules a super-advanced country, also looking forward to seeing Chadwick Boseman and Andy Serkis portray the iconic BP-Klaw rivalry.

6. Captain America: Civil War
- I don't like Captain America very much as a character in the MCU, but this is basically an Avengers movie, so I am much more excited for it than I would otherwise be.

7. Doctor Strange
- Introduces us to magic in the MCU. Benedict Cumberbatch will be a great Doctor Strange. An Infinity Stone may pop up as well, which would increase my interest level for sure.

8. Spider-man -
It'll be cool to see Spidey in the MCU alongside other characters we've grown to know well.

9. Captain Marvel
- Don't know too much about her, but she seems like she could tie the Earth and cosmic storylines together well.

10. The Inhumans
- It looks cool, but being after Infinity War means they are automatically last on my anticipation list. Still, it will be interesting to see how this film kicks off a new, post-Thanos era in the MCU.

1. The Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2 - Age of Ultron and The Avengers are two of my favorite movies of all-time, and Thanos is my favorite comic book villain. This has a realistic shot at being my favorite movie ever (Revenge of the Sith is #1 and Age of Ultron is #2 for some perspective).

2. Thor: Ragnarok
- I really liked the first two Thor movies, and this one has the potential to take things to a whole nother level.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2
- Loved the first movie. I have a couple ideas for what they could do here but really I have no idea. Excited to have Gunn take us along on another ride.

4. The Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 - No idea what to expect in Part 1, but Thanos is in it so that's all I need!

5. Black Panther
- One of the most unique superheroes in that he rules a super-advanced country, also looking forward to seeing Chadwick Boseman and Andy Serkis portray the iconic BP-Klaw rivalry.

6. Captain America: Civil War
- I don't like Captain America very much as a character in the MCU, but this is basically an Avengers movie, so I am much more excited for it than I would otherwise be.

7. Doctor Strange
- Introduces us to magic in the MCU. Benedict Cumberbatch will be a great Doctor Strange. An Infinity Stone may pop up as well, which would increase my interest level for sure.

8. Spider-man -
It'll be cool to see Spidey in the MCU alongside other characters we've grown to know well.

9. Captain Marvel
- Don't know too much about her, but she seems like she could tie the Earth and cosmic storylines together well.

10. The Inhumans
- It looks cool, but being after Infinity War means they are automatically last on my anticipation list. Still, it will be interesting to see how this film kicks off a new, post-Thanos era in the MCU.

That's pretty much my ranking. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"