Phase 3 Anticipation Ranking

Granted, the other heroines are in character to reflect their comic book counterparts, but what about Hope?

It doesn't really matter about whether or not Hope reflects her comic counterpart because the vast majority of viewers have never read the comics anyway.

1. Captain Marvel
She's fun, she's nerdy and she's got a great costume. Her powers might not be "unique" or original enough but they're very movie-friendly. What's not to like?

2. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Never read anything about them, my only knowledge comes from what I learned from the first (good) movie. I'm reasonably hyped. Hoping for even more James Gunn zaniness.

3. Doctor Strange
He's ok I guess (glad they got a great actor for the role), honestly I care more about that rogue gallery of his. Lovecraftian evil entities? Bring it on.

4. Black Panther
Don't really know much about him, but he sounds and looks cool enough. And the MS desperately needs a main poc hero.

5. Infinity War
AKA Thanos finally stops sitting on his lazy buttcheeks. MS's (mis)handling of their previous villains doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, but what can you do.

6. Civil War
Winter Soldier was very good but still, not particularly interested in the story. Trailer might change my opinion, but for now, meh.

7. Thor: Ragnarok
Never liked Hemsworth as Thor and his previous two movies were ok at best. Hopefully Loki's in it though.

8. Spider-Man
I love the characterand I cannot wait to see him interact with Stark and friends. Can't bring myself to care about yet another solo movie.

9. Inhumans
I know next to nothing about them. Sorry fictional dudes, you end up last.

It doesn't really matter about whether or not Hope reflects her comic counterpart because the vast majority of viewers have never read the comics anyway.

You're looking at it backwards. Marvel introduces characters in the MCU, because they're awesome characters that Marvel thinks thinks have great potential in the movies. If they were to change too much about a character, it would kind of defeat the purpose of bringing that character in the MCU, wouldn't you think?

You're looking at it backwards. Marvel introduces characters in the MCU, because they're awesome characters that Marvel thinks thinks have great potential in the movies. If they were to change too much about a character, it would kind of defeat the purpose of bringing that character in the MCU, wouldn't you think?

Not really, no. Marvel rewrites characters from scratch all the time. MCU Peter Quill acts nothing like the comic version (or at least before they changed the comic version) and has become one of their big break out characters. They liked the premise of the character but James Gunn felt his actually personality would work better if her were a snarky Han Solo type, so they changed him.

Just like someone clearly liked the narrative value of Hank Pym and Janet having a child but didn't feel obligated to make her a villain or any of that. Heck making Hank into a retired old fogey was already a pretty big departure.

I am excited for ALL of them but when forced to place in rankings as if I suddenly had all of them in front of me to choose from and which movies I would desire to watch first, I guess mine are (subject to change if more movies are announced for Phase 3)

1) Captain America: Civil War
2) Black Panther
3) Captain Marvel
4) Spider-man
5) Thor: Ragnorok
6) Avengers: Infinity War 1 & Avengers: Infinity War 2(tied)
7) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol2
8) Ant-man & the Wasp
9) Doctor Strange
10) Inhumans

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"