Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

If the rumour is true that Disney has lowered their annual releases to 3 movies and 2 shows then I hope its like this:

Phas5
2023: Ant-Man, Guardians, Marvels
2024: Captain America, Thunderbolts, Blade

PhasiX
2025: Deadpool, Avengers, Fantastic 4
2026: War Machine, Avengers, Spider-Man

Phase7en
2027: Shang-Chi, X-Men, Dr. Strange
2028: Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Eternals
2029: Fantastic 4, Avengers, Spider-Man

I don't mind if we get 3 movies per year especially if that would improve the quality control, but the wait for the more Avengers, F4 and X-Men might be longer. Marvel Studios should really be picky by now on which ips should get a feature film. Waiting 4 to 6 years for a sequel is crazy long!

Blade would be delayed anyway to 2025. So they should switch that and Deadpool when it comes to phase designation. And it kinda doesn't make sense to me that phase 5 would end in September 2024, then two months later, in the same year, phase 6 starts.

Blade would be delayed anyway to 2025. So they should switch that and Deadpool when it comes to phase designation. And it kinda doesn't make sense to me that phase 5 would end in September 2024, then two months later, in the same year, phase 6 starts.
After Phase 3, the phases haven't really meant much. The jump from Phase 4 to Phase 5 for eg - I bet most GA would have no idea when that happened. Was a lot easier when there were event films at the end of phases with the other films in the phase serving as build up.

After Phase 3, the phases haven't really meant much. The jump from Phase 4 to Phase 5 for eg - I bet most GA would have no idea when that happened. Was a lot easier when there were event films at the end of phases with the other films in the phase serving as build up.
I still like having phases, since it would be easier to categorize them especially now with these streaming shows.

I still like having phases, since it would be easier to categorize them especially now with these streaming shows.
I like them too, just give them structure so that it's easy to identify which projects are in which. They worked well in 1 to 3, but seem to have fallen apart in 4 and 5.

At least GotG 3 has given this phase a bit of a boost.

Agreed! It's great to see GOTG 3 getting both critical and commercial love.

This has set the stage for the rest of the year for Marvel content. Hopefully the goodwill from Guardians and Secret Invasion spill over into Loki, Echo, and The Marvels.

That would make 2023 a banner year for the MCU :up:

Agreed! It's great to see GOTG 3 getting both critical and commercial love.

This has set the stage for the rest of the year for Marvel content. Hopefully the goodwill from Guardians and Secret Invasion spill over into Loki, Echo, and The Marvels.

That would make 2023 a banner year for the MCU :up:
I've got a good feeling about The Marvels and Secret Invasion. Can't see Loki dropping the ball from season 1 standard at least, but Echo really needs to get out there a reason for existing asap. Needs some huge marketing that highlights something special.

I've got a good feeling about The Marvels and Secret Invasion. Can't see Loki dropping the ball from season 1 standard at least, but Echo really needs to get out there a reason for existing asap. Needs some huge marketing that highlights something special.
I hope now that Disney is kinda restructuring. I hope they would just commit to 2 shows per year rather than 4 to 5? They greenlit so many shows in so little time and here we are.

I hope now that Disney is kinda restructuring. I hope they would just commit to 2 shows per year rather than 4 to 5? They greenlit so many shows in so little time and here we are.
No need for ultra-low profile stuff like Echo at least.

2024:
May - Deadpool
Jul - Brave New World
Dec - Thunderbolts

2025:
Feb - Blade
May - 4

2026:
May - Avengers

2027:
May - Avengers

I bet, they will heavily include DD and Kingpin in the marketing.

Imo, they should have saved Daredevil for a solo film. He should be headlining a MCU film more so than Sam Wilson and Thunderbolts, and just like Blade, Fantastic 4 and Deadpool who had feature films outside the MCU. After the NetfliX era, a solo film would have been an upgrade. Disney+ shows remain to be so so.

Also, them keeping the NetfliX Kingpin version/actor feels uninspired. There are surely better actors for the role and I want Kingpin to look this huge and out of this world man. This current Kingpin looks an ordinary man in a white suit. Like c'mon and the actor wants his character to be around Spider-Man...

Imo, they should have saved Daredevil for a solo film. He should be headlining a MCU film more so than Sam Wilson and Thunderbolts, and just like Blade, Fantastic 4 and Deadpool who had feature films outside the MCU. After the NetfliX era, a solo film would have been an upgrade. Disney+ shows remain to be so so.
The Netflix Daredevil certainly became big enough to justify a film release. I loved hearing the audience cheers for Matt Murdock in NWH. At least with a show you get a lot of content and can deal with a lot of other street level characters too. Not sure why Echo is needed though.

The Netflix Daredevil certainly became big enough to justify a film release. I loved hearing the audience cheers for Matt Murdock in NWH. At least with a show you get a lot of content and can deal with a lot of other street level characters too. Not sure why Echo is needed though.
The story in their shows could be definitely be told under more or less 2 hours, and they would have been tighter and the production value, would have been better and consistent if it was a film production.

I haven't seen anything from Marvel Studios that needed to be a 6 to 9 episode series. While What If? has a different premise per episode and its mostly filler content to me.

The story in their shows could be definitely be told under more or less 2 hours, and they would have been tighter and the production value, would have been better and consistent if it was a film production.

I haven't seen anything from Marvel Studios that needed to be a 6 to 9 episode series. While What If? has a different premise per episode and its mostly filler content to me.
Some of the shows don’t have enough going on to justify more hours, (don’t think they are all big enough for films either) but the Daredevil Netflix shows do.

Some of the shows don’t have enough going on to justify more hours, (don’t think they are all big enough for films either) but the Daredevil Netflix shows do.
I agree, but maybe Marvel isn't ready to risk jumping Cox from the small screen to the big just yet for a full feature appearance.

There are lot of factors

A. There are already too many ips getting their own movie
B. Disney+ needs original content, though Disney+ ordered way too many shows from Marvel Studios and the quality control in Marvel Studios is at all time worst
C. Maybe someone did think a weekly series is better. However imo, we had a Daredevil series in the previous decade under NetfliX. And upon seeing the live action shows by Marvel Studios. Their films are much better especially when its really good, and still the movies have a bigger reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"