Marvel Films Phase 5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Also, them keeping the NetfliX Kingpin version/actor feels uninspired. There are surely better actors for the role and I want Kingpin to look this huge and out of this world man. This current Kingpin looks an ordinary man in a white suit. Like c'mon and the actor wants his character to be around Spider-Man...

Could not disagree harder on this point
D'Onofrio kills it everytime he's on screen
I wouldn't mind them beefing him up with some CGI or something
But I woulda rioted if they brought Cox back and left D'Onofrio behind

Canceled or not, but Marvel Studios don't really reveal their canceled movies/scrapped ideas. The closest is Inhumans because it was announced in SDCC and had a release date, which was eventually given to Marvel Television/ABC Studios, just like Runaways. Iirc Kevin Feige was also working on that.

Armor Wars
Young Avengers
Midnight Suns

I don't want to see those three. Even if when they eventually completed their trilogy commitment (if there's a plan) to Capt Marvel, Shang-Chi, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Eternals, Blade and 4. I prefer something else.

Captain America 5
Thunderbolts 2
Deadpool 4

I also don't want to see those, but I don't think I would complain compare to their predecessor being made.

There’s so many projects out there that as soon as any one is moved back it’s dominoes with the ones behind.

I hope Disney removes/cancels something like how they canceled announced movies of PiXar and Walt Disney Animation Studios in the past. Just pushing them forward (like Armor Wars) wouldn't solve Mcu's problem of being overstuffed since Phase 4. The underperformance of Quantumania, Disney+ not being lucrative and the writers' strike should give them the opportunity to reevaluate things.

If the strikes aren't resolved by December 2023. I'd like to see the new schedule to be like this

May: Marvels
November: Captain America

February: Thunderbolts
May: Deadpool
July: 4

February: Blade
May: Avengers
July: Spider-Man
September: Shang-Chi

February: Dr. Strange
May: Avengers
November: Eternals

February: Black Panther
May: 4 sequel
November: Captain Marvel

February: Blade sequel
May: ?
July: Spider-Man
September: Shang-Chi threequel

February: ?
May: X-Men
November: Eternals threequel

No Armor Wars.

Eternals 2 would def die way before Armor Wars is going to. Armor Wars is effectively Iron Man 4. It's beyond safe

Personally I'm really looking forward to Brave New World, but until that movie comes out and fully succeeds we really can't count on the idea that general audiences will actually view Armor Wars as 'basically Iron Man 4'. Especially since, unlike BNW, Armor Wars doesn't use the Iron Man title and presumably won't have any character even calling themselves Iron Man in it (unless the villain is Justin Hammer or someone like that pretending to be the new IM).

Calling it Iron Man Armor Wars would be a good move. But until that doesn't happen, I'm not viewing it as the neXt Iron Man movie.

Also I'd rather see Eternals II than that, since they already started it off and the characters are way more interesting than Rhodey who was never interesting at all. I'd hate to see the Eternals become a 1 and done.

Personally I'm really looking forward to Brave New World, but until that movie comes out and fully succeeds we really can't count on the idea that general audiences will actually view Armor Wars as 'basically Iron Man 4'. Especially since, unlike BNW, Armor Wars doesn't use the Iron Man title and presumably won't have any character even calling themselves Iron Man in it (unless the villain is Justin Hammer or someone like that pretending to be the new IM).

I think it's gonna get a rebranding to Iron Man: Armor Wars eventually. There is no doubt in my mind it's a movie meant to pass the mantle to Rhodey. It's been upgraded to a movie for a reason. There is 0 chance it gets cancelled

Last edited:
To make myself clearer, I don't particularly want anything to be canceled and - right now - I don't think there is any definitive reason to expect anything to be canceled, either. MS has never outright canceled an announced project before, and while that's not a guarantee they never will, fans wanting X-men really isn't a reason to do it now.

I just don't believe for a second that Armor Wars is any way safer as a project than any of the other movies currently announced. There may be a reason it was upgraded to a movie, but there's also a reason Rhodey is the very last og MCU character to get a project of his own despite him being the very first hero to appear in the MCU after Tony himself. And there's a reason his project was sent to D+ to begin with, and a reason it's not actually named after him, either.

And any theories about the movie being a sure hit because of the Iron Man connection just cannot be proven until we have actual evidence of audiences being willing to show up in equal measure for a replacement character, which we don't have yet. And they just don't make much sense in light of a project that doesn't seem that keen on using the Iron Man name, anyway.

You may be right it will be rebranded and Rhodey will become Iron Man, but that's 100% speculation at the moment and I honestly don't see anything they've done with Rhodey so far as at all likely to lead to him ever calling himself Iron Man. He's always been known to everyone as War Machine and he's been proud of it. Nobody ever asked him to carry Tony's legacy nor has anything ever even suggested Tony's legacy as Iron Man needs to be carried in any way. If anything, I expect Armor Wars to be about War Machine, Ironheart and maybe Rescue coming together out of respect for Tony to stop others from ruining Tony's legacy with knockoff Iron Man suits. Not about anyone becoming the new Iron Man.

All that aside, though, I think there is one very obvious point of analysis that can be made at this point:

If there really does come a point where the MCU needs to start canceling stuff, the first things on the chopping block will not be theatrical films of any title. It's the D+ series that are super-high budget and super-low return while also having far less audience satisfaction overall. At this point in time, despite some mixed reviews here and there, the MCU movies still only have a single actual flop in the post-pandemic era. The movies are doing fine. It's the D+ series that are taking tons of money and time and still not pulling their weight. The only possible way a movie gets canceled first is if Disney is so dug into 'making D+ a success' that they flat out refuse to allow Marvel to cut back on D+ content in any way. And I doubt that will really happen, considering Marvel has already cut back on D+ content by massively slowing down its D+ release schedule.

If Marvel needs to free up time and money, we're saying goodbye to Vision Quest, Nova, the Wakanda shows, Marvel Zombies, and future seasons of the shows that have already been made long before either Armor Wars or Eternals gets axed.

Last edited:
Inhumans were in their phase 3 plans. Iirc, Runaways was being produced by Kevin Feige until it went to Marvel Television.

Anyway, time will tell. With everything that has happened in the last 3 years - covid, poorly reviewed films/shows, two major strikes, countless delays, comments from Disney eXecutives about the shows/slowing down the yearly content of Marvel Studios, I am kinda finding it hard to believe right now, some projects won't be tossed away.

Inhumans were in their phase 3 plans. Iirc, Runaways was being produced by Kevin Feige until it went to Marvel Television.

Anyway, time will tell. With everything that has happened in the last 3 years - covid, poorly reviewed films/shows, two major strikes, countless delays, comments from Disney eXecutives about the shows/slowing down the yearly content of Marvel Studios, I am kinda finding it hard to believe right now, some projects won't be tossed away.

That was 2 projects in 15 years and both of those occurred due to politics between Feige and Perlmutter, which isn't an issue anymore now Feige is in charge of the whole thing. So, those are massive exceptions. The pattern of things being made when Feige announced them over the 15 years the MCU has existed is much stronger

Inhumans and Runaways still got made. Hell, Inhumans even technically got a theatrical release. Shuffling projects around is not the same as canceling them outright.

The finished product of Inhumans and Runaways weren't under Marvel Studios, thats the point. Who knows what will Marvel Studios will keep from those projects aside from casting Anson Mount as Black Bolt in a Mcu film. I'm guessing not a lot?

I stand by my point, that with everything that has happened and happening right now (which didn't really happen in the Infinity Saga), I seriously doubt Disney wouldn't even consider canceling things (especially if its for the sake of maintaining the success of the Mcu in the long run), and things will still go on plan despite the many delays/hurdles. Bob Iger wouldn't said what he said, if these projects are merely being delayed by a year or two. There will be casualities if the reception for the shows/movies get worse from here, they will cancel and move on to other things. PiXar movies are canceled every now and then. The same can be said to Marvel Studios projects. That includes an Inhumans movie being downgraded to a poorly produced Friday night show.

Time will tell since it hasn't being a year since Iger said those comments about the shows and their plans for Marvel Studios slowing down.

And I stand by the point that *if* cancellations are on the horizon, they're not going to start with any of the movies. They have vastly less reason to even consider canceling a single one of those than they do to consider canceling the entire D+ project.

I think it's gonna get a rebranding to Iron Man: Armor Wars eventually. There is no doubt in my mind it's a movie meant to pass the mantle to Rhodey. It's been upgraded to a movie for a reason. There is 0 chance it gets cancelled

I never considered Rhodey becoming Iron Man in the MCU despite it having precedence in the comics, but them going down that route makes sense to me now that you mentioned it.

Does anyone else think that Cap 4 gets moved back to its original May release? Since the strikes don't seem to be ending any time soon, I don't see how Deadpool 3 will be ready by then and Brave New World managed to complete filming just in time.

I'm expecting Marvel to reshuffle their schedule to something like this given the dates they've already staked a claim to:

May 2024: Captain America: Brave New World
December 2024: Deadpool 3
February 2025: Blade
May 2025: Thunderbolts
July 2025: Fantastic Four

I'm going to guess Armor Wars ends up being pegged for November 2025.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"