Phoenix Vs Xavier "Psychic Voices" Video

I love that she says "youre just making it worse". It was like she was trying to warn him and fight the Phoenix at the same time.

Psionic Force said:
She doesn't say 'I'm slipping Professor'. She says 'Your slipping Professor'.

Yeah as Storm22 said, she definately says "I'm slipping, Professor" and her eyes slowly start to darker as the Phoenix overpowers her and then begins to commmunicate with Xavier.

i dont like it at all
its very badly said from both actors
as much as i love patrick and famke
they sound terrible in that! almost as bad as halle berry always sounds...

phoenix_force said:
i dont like it at all
its very badly said from both actors
as much as i love patrick and famke
they sound terrible in that! almost as bad as halle berry always sounds...
thats why i would like it as a "real" dialogue before she goes crazy and throws Magneto away. It's a deep dialogue and shows the turmoil that jean is inside.

Good job, Mothling! The dialogue actually sounds better with the music and everything. But yeah, I like how the actor's facial expressions say it all in the final cut. Still, that's a good alternative :):up:

"I am Phoenix" gives me chills :eek: :p

I like the concept, and I think the ideas behind the dialogue presented here could have been a nice inclusion at some point in the movie, but I like the theatrical cut of this scene better. I think it speaks more with less words . . . at least in so far as the emotion of the scene is concerned..

I personally love the psychic version, and this video shows how the two could have worked well together, with millions of dollars for editing, you definetly could have made it even better. The psychic version would show all audiences what is really happening, to someone who doesn't read comics, they might just assume that the Professor is just sitting(and then floating) and doing nothing. The voices show that he was trying to fight for Jean.

Awesome scene....very chilling! Make sure you turn the volume all the way up- there are more things being said that i cant make out.

When she says "You left me there!" (in alkalai lake) was that Pheonix talking or Jean? I took it as Phoenix saying that to make Jean more angry....

Wow that was pretty good. Only thing i didnt like is the double layer: "Jean, let me in". Should'a taken out that part from the Psychic Voices track.

I to made one a few weeks ago. I'll post it here incase anyone wants a look at it (its still unfinished as i need to slot a few more frames in, sync it up and finish Phoenix Effects): http://media.putfile.com/JeanHouseXfight

The Ones said:
Wow that was pretty good. Only thing i didnt like is the double layer: "Jean, let me in". Should'a taken out that part from the Psychic Voices track.

Yeah I was gonna erase one of the layers but in the end I couldn't be bothered. :D

The Ones said:
I to made one a few weeks ago. I'll post it here incase anyone wants a look at it (its still unfinished as i need to slot a few more frames in, sync it up and finish Phoenix Effects): http://media.putfile.com/JeanHouseXfight

Its a cool premise, and I can't wait to see the finished article. I must admit though, Im not a fan of the echo affect on the psychic voices. :/

nice....looking foward to see the phoenix effect...

Mothling said:
Apologies for the vague and useless thread title, but I couldn't think of a decent way to word it.

Aaanyways, basically I have taken the original Phoenix Vs Xavier clip and edited it together with the "psychic voices" deleted scene. Basically I put the psychic voices over the original clip. I find it actually works rather well, and does make it a bit more obvious what is going on. I understood when I first saw it that the pair were psychicly battling as well as Jean slipping away and Phoenix emerging and overpowering Xavier, but a lot of people didn't get it.

Here is the link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az8euVBW4L8

I hadn't watched the clip the first time I posted, but this is a rather good edit. Good job. It flows well, and gives further insight into the situation without being overly distracting. I like it.

I've always felt something missing from the scene.... i think it's better with the dialog. Great job Mothling.

i loved famke in the movie but she does not say 'i am phoenix' right. it needed to be bolder, definite more forceful. i also think they should have got the lines 'i am fire and life incarnate' in there. i like the scene withor without dialogue only with dialogue theyre are more nods to the comics

I've just watched it. I wasn't a fan of the psychic voices version as an alternate seperately, it sounded cheesy and plain annoying imo.
But together, I really like it (I mean with the score and everything else happening.) I especially liked the bit where Charles says "Let Jean be herself again". That's quite creepy. I don't like the "Bring Jean back or suffer the consequences" line. WTF? What is he going to do about it? LOL
I also think O4nbod is right. She doesn't say "I am Phoenix" right. It should have been slower. More forceful.
But brilliant video Mothling. Very professional!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"