• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Animation Pixar's Inside Out 2 (June 14, 2024)

Odd but they could’ve remedied that with having the starboy appear black. It’s not like there’s a wealth of black male characters in Disney animated features. And I don’t see Frozen 3 or 4 giving Elsa a love interest and if there is one it won’t be with a girl like many hope for.
I'm COUNTING on it probably being a guy for Frozen 3, maybe even someone with powers like her (like fire or something). Disney NEVER confirmed or even meant for Elsa to be gay; that's just people in the Internet reading too hard into "Let It Go" Plus, if they get someone like Hugh Jackman for it, a Jackman/Menzel song number.......that'll bring down the house. And Disney KNOWS IT.

Last edited:
Those running Disney Animation aka those directly responsible for Frozen, seem to want to avoid a love interest for Elsa, because the character is a gay icon and the likelihood of Iger signing off on that are even lower now. If they give her a boyfriend, it's going to go over extremely poorly.

Anna has her fiance They'll have a kid. That will be the "love story".
Except Anna's "love story" with Kristoff has been off-screen in-between movies and a VERY small subplot in the last movie for Kristoff with the marriage proposal. Which is barely anything given past Disney romances. Our last full one was in Tangled and it's follow-up show.

Jennifer Lee and the team have mentioned in the past they're open to doing romantic stuff with Elsa later on IF they feel it's natural for the character. t's just the drama with her powers was the focus of the first 2 movies, hence why they ruled out romance for her in those and gave it to Anna. That's all done with (on Elsa's end at least with her powers). So that leaves her getting a boyfriend or girlfriend for Frozen 3 and that's IF they feel it fits her. What could help is someone who's like her, someone with powers on a similar pat. Can be romance, can be an apprentice. Their call. Either way, we're probably getting a major new character for Elsa's story directly as part of her journey in some form (people were upset when the new adds for Frozen 2 amounted to nothing). Why else do a sequel otherwise unless 3 and 4 are a war story or something (and I doubt it; Disney would NEVER get that dark)?

Except Anna's "love story" with Kristoff has been off-screen in-between movies and a VERY small subplot in the last movie for Kristoff with the marriage proposal. Which is barely anything given past Disney romances. Our last full one was in Tangled and it's follow-up show.
Have you seen the first movie? Anna and Kristoff have a classic Disney love story in that one. It's just not the focal point. Which I think you should consider when deducing that Frozen 3 and 4 need Elsa to have a love story.

Jennifer Lee and the team have mentioned in the past they're open to doing romantic stuff with Elsa later on IF they feel it's natural for the character. t's just the drama with her powers was the focus of the first 2 movies, hence why they ruled out romance for her in those and gave it to Anna. That's all done with (on Elsa's end at least with her powers). So that leaves her getting a boyfriend or girlfriend for Frozen 3 and that's IF they feel it fits her. What could help is someone who's like her, someone with powers on a similar pat. Can be romance, can be an apprentice. Their call. Either way, we're probably getting a major new character for Elsa's story directly as part of her journey in some form (people were upset when the new adds for Frozen 2 amounted to nothing). Why else do a sequel otherwise unless 3 and 4 are a war story or something (and I doubt it; Disney would NEVER get that dark)?
My best friend is kind of Frozen obsessed. So I've seen plenty of the interviews. They are uncomfortable talking about it, outside of ERW, for a reason. They know what giving Elsa a love interest entails. If they do it, and it's a woman. Sure, they made a decision. One Iger would be upset with. If Elsa gets a boyfriend, it's forced on them and a large part of the fanbase will be pissed.

As to why do 3 and 4? Because Iger is having everyone do sequels to try and fix Disney's woes.

Last edited:
Have you seen the first movie? Anna and Kristoff have a classic Disney love story in that one. It's just not the focal point. Which I think you should consider when deducing that Frozen 3 and 4 need Elsa to have a love story.

My best friend is kind of Frozen obsessed. So I've seen plenty of the interviews. They are uncomfortable talking about it, outside of ERW, for a reason. They know what giving Elsa a love interest entails. If they do it, and it's a woman. Sure, they made a decision. One Iger would be upset with. If Elsa gets a boyfriend, it's forced on them and a large part of the fanbase will be pissed.

As to why do 3 and 4? Because Iger is having everyone do sequels to try and fix Disney's woes.
We'll know a smidge more at D23. I just don't like when fanbases get headcanons and they don't pan out (the whole 'Snoke is Darth Plaguis' thing that was never gonna happen because of one non-canon book cover). Theories are not the same as fact. What'll happen happen, boyfriend/girlfriend for blessed queen or not.

But anyway, back on track.

We'll know a smidge more at D23. I just don't like when fanbases get headcanons and they don't pan out (the whole 'Snoke is Darth Plaguis' thing that was never gonna happen because of one non-canon book cover). Theories are not the same as fact. What'll happen happen, boyfriend/girlfriend for blessed queen or not.

But anyway, back on track.
I do not like it when people take things important to the LGBTQIA+ community and act like they've just made it up.

Elsa is a gay icon. This is not headcanon, this is reality. All three of her major songs are incredibly overt in their metaphor. Even the titles are.

Here's the thing, the Frozen series is essentially about family. And yes, Elsa is the big shining star of the movies. But the vast majority of the emotional core of the movies has been Anna. And since the core of the two movies are growth and change within a family, it sort of makes sense where the next 2 are going. And really, none of it needs Elsa to have a love interest except in the moves cheesy, cliche way possible.

I do not like it when people take things important to the LGBTQIA+ community and act like they've just made it up.

Elsa is a gay icon. This is not headcanon, this is reality. All three of her major songs are incredibly overt in their metaphor. Even the titles are.

Frozen and Elsa mean a lot to me on a personal level, largely due to circumstances in my life at the time it released. That however, does not diminish how important she is to others.

Here's the thing, the Frozen series is essentially about family. And yes, Elsa is the big shining star of the movies. But the vast majority of the emotional core of the movies has been Anna. And since the core of the two movies are growth and change within a family, it sort of makes sense where the next 2 are going. And really, none of it needs Elsa to have a love interest except in the moves cheesy, cliche way possible.

Frozen and Elsa mean a lot to me on a personal level, largely due to circumstances in my life at the time it released. That however, does not diminish how important she is to others.
I agree on that last part. If they give Elsa a girlfriend in the future or just straight-up say she's gay, I've no problem. It's just the non-comital that's getting annoying, especially after how big stuff like Owl House got.

And bear in mind, Lee is not involved in writing Frozen 3 and 4 or even directing I think.

Last edited:
I agree on that last part. If they give Elsa a girlfriend in the future or just straight-up say she's gay, I've no problem. It's just the non-comital that's getting annoying, especially after how but stuff like Owl House got.

And bear in mind, Lee is not involved in writing Frozen 3 and 4 or even directing I think.

Filmmakers do what they can during the time they make something.

It usually has much less to do with the creatives and a lot more to do with the suits. The suits are usually a lot more conservative, whereas the creatives are liberal.

Just luckily things are (albeit slowly) changing and getting better.

Ex: Rebel Without A Cause is an AWESOME bisexual movie. The studio refused to let them make it one, but they put in clues throughout and directed it as such. Most famously being James telling Sal to look at him the same way that he looks at Natalie.

Due to suits and censuring committees, often times (and increasingly less since it increasingly can be there openly), it was all in the subtext.

Odd but they could’ve remedied that with having the starboy appear black. It’s not like there’s a wealth of black male characters in Disney animated features. And I don’t see Frozen 3 or 4 giving Elsa a love interest and if there is one it won’t be with a girl like many hope for.

That's an easy fix, too easy for Disney apparently.

Is all this really spoiler worthy when it's Cutting Room floor material like Anna as Gerda in the first attempt at The Snow Queen and Love Can't Be Denied by Alan Menken for it. Also I don't think Disney has ever had a black love interest unless Strange World gave us one which I didn't watch.

EDIT: Ugh they pulled a The Princess and the Frog and gave ethnically ambiguous. :fuming:

I thought it'd be polite to detail anything about Wish in spoilers in a thread about an entirely different movie, even if it's a what-if scenario. It's funny, the only fandom I see for that movie is usually based around concepts that didn't end up in the final cut. What a mess for Disney :funny: Also, that love interest in Strange World was onscreen for two minutes tops.

Elemental wasn't great, but I thought the love story in it felt surprisingly fresh, since that hasn't been a popular concept in animated films of the last decade. Frozen 3 is an interesting one, as mentioned by others. Many people are expecting Elsa to be blatantly queer, but I don't know if Disney has the guts to do it with such a high-profile character. Probably not.

To bring it all back, yay, Inside Out 2! Can't wait; there's still about 30 days to go until it comes out over here. I'll have to rewatch the first one, maybe I'll like it more than I initially did.

That's an easy fix, too easy for Disney apparently.

I thought it'd be polite to detail anything about Wish in spoilers in a thread about an entirely different movie, even if it's a what-if scenario. It's funny, the only fandom I see for that movie is usually based around concepts that didn't end up in the final cut. What a mess for Disney :funny: Also, that love interest in Strange World was onscreen for two minutes tops.

Elemental wasn't great, but I thought the love story in it felt surprisingly fresh, since that hasn't been a popular concept in animated films of the last decade. Frozen 3 is an interesting one, as mentioned by others. Many people are expecting Elsa to be blatantly queer, but I don't know if Disney has the guts to do it with such a high-profile character. Probably not.

To bring it all back, yay, Inside Out 2! Can't wait; there's still about 30 days to go until it comes out over here. I'll have to rewatch the first one, maybe I'll like it more than I initially did.
The best post-Lasseter Pixar film... :p

I just got back from seeing it and let me tell you guys, I had a bizarre experience - but a good one! I unwittingly bought a ticket to an open caption showing and as a result I was the only one in the theater for a movie that just came out and had a huge opening weekend. Unbelievable. They did bury the showtime but I picked it because I didn't feel like waiting around for the next one. The captions didn't end up being as distracting as I thought they would apart from ruining the punchline for a few jokes.

Anyway, on to the movie. While not quite as good as the first one I thought this was Pixar's best non-Toy Story sequel. It had the standard Pixar sequel trope of "Hey, what if the character roles were reversed in the sequel" (In this case Sadness being at HQ for most of the movie while the others are all stuck outside with Joy) but the plot centering around Anxiety was something I thought was really interesting. As someone who's had struggles with anxiety since I was a teenager I honestly wish this movie had existed 25-30 years ago. It really captures it perfectly and it's a great learning tool for kids.

Also I have to wonder if they gave Paul Walter Hauser the Groot treatment and just had him record his one line of dialogue in multiple languages. Earn that Vin Diesel money, Paul! :o

Is there any danger of this movie giving children anxiety issues by focusing on anxiety.

My 7 year old doesn't know what anxiety is and I was worried she might latch onto the concept and suddenly complain about "anxiety".

Is there any danger of this movie giving children anxiety issues by focusing on anxiety.

My 7 year old doesn't know what anxiety is and I was worried she might latch onto the concept and suddenly complain about "anxiety".
I'd say the movie does a pretty good job of addressing what anxiety is and also how to handle it so that a kid could understand the concept. It basically makes the point that anxiety is normal sometimes but it's unhealthy to constantly be in an anxious state all of the time.

cab1cbee5ab61ea4830eb57d12c79eec.gif

If it ends up doing better than Despicable Me 4 I'd be thrilled. I'm so sick of those goddamn Minions. :o
I can't see Despicable Me 4 getting higher numbers, if I'm not mistaken its the 6th Minions movie? Its still popular but compare to Inside Out 2 -the first sequel to apparently a very popular film that stood the test of time (8 years) + plus those emotions as major gimmicks. I can't see Despicable Me 4 having the same impact.

I can't see Despicable Me 4 getting higher numbers, if I'm not mistaken its the 6th Minions movie? Its still popular but compare to Inside Out 2 -the first sequel to apparently a very popular film that stood the test of time (8 years) + plus those emotions as major gimmicks. I can't see Despicable Me 4 having the same impact.
All of the Despicable Me/Minion movies after the first one have either made a billion or came within striking distance of it. I'd say there's no contest in popularity although the first Inside Out made a decent haul worldwide on its own. I'd love it if Inside Out 2 came out on top but Despicable Me 4 will also be a box office juggernaut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"