Plan Manic's Next Vacation

Manic

User title? USER TITLE?!
Reaction score
My job has finally reloaded my paid vacation time (hooray!). Now that I've got about 2 weeks to waste, I was thinking about going somewhere before the winter comes (it's retail. They don't let us request days off throughout the Christmas season). Of course, I have no idea where to go this year. Do I stick close to home? Go abroad?

That's where you come in, people of the Hype! I want you all to discuss some of the best and worst vacations/holidays you've been on. Hell, bring up the mediocre ones. I need ideas. It doesn't even have to be a recommendation for me; feel free to ramble on.

Note: if you do recommend me a vacation spot, keep in mind that the only languages I speak are English and just enough Spanish to order more beer.

If you are in California, go to Miami or Hawai. avoid countries where you have to exchange your dollars against euros. Everything will become very expensive.

Banff or Whistler in November, if the season's good you could get some skiing or boarding in.

Make a list of Dinsey characters. Go to Disney land and punch them in the face. Scratch them off the list as you go along (Children crying gives extra points)

Don't leave the country. Just go to a part of the US that you've wanted to visit, a city or region that looks cool.

What I would do.

I've been to American land once. I travelled with my sister-wife.

Seriously though, I made a few stops around your fine country: I started in New York, which was amazing and I loved it. I went onto Memphis where I indulged in lots of blues on Beal Street and also visited Graceland. I then went to Las Vegas but seeing as I'm not a gambler and I was only 18 at the time, was a bit of a let down. I went onto Seatle - wow, what a city - I loved that place. When I was in Seatle I had the honour of paying my respects to some of my idols (I visited Bruce and Brandon Lee's graves and also Jimi Hendrix's). Yup, loved Seatle - such a great city. After that I went back to New York before heading home back to England. I actually liked New York a lot more on the second pass because I think I'd become a lil more acclimatised to the American culture.

So take 'fire's advice and visit some great places from your own country.

On a side note, I'm thinking about visiting California in a couple of months and wouldn't mind a couple of suggestions kthnx :)

Don't leave the country. Just go to a part of the US that you've wanted to visit, a city or region that looks cool.

What I would do.
To Hell with that see the world, experience differnt cultures, lifes to short to spend your whole life in one country and you can visit parts of the US anytime you like.

Ibiza, now go!
If you want to get drunk, party and sleep with lots of europeans visit Ibiza, Aya Napa, Zante, Majorca, Malta

Given the $/€ to visit Europe now is crazy unless you have money to burn. That is why I am personally taking my holidays in the US. I say this as someone who stays at 5 star resorts and my holidays cost in the thousands. I am saving close to 30% even after I take into account my plane fare (and I am traveling business class).

Isn't the dollar still strong in Czech Republic? They haven't converted to Euros yet.

Anyway, I really dig Savannah. You walk around with booze in hand and when you go into a restaurant with it no one bats an eye. Plus, it's just a beautiful, small city.

Niagara Falls, if you're into nature or touristy stuff, there's also gambling. Stay on the Canadian side for currency reasons.

Loved Maine and Cape Cod, didn't get to spend enough time in either, must return.

I've omitted all European trips from my ramblings. Curse you economy. :csad:

Vegas? Booze, girls, tons of food from all over the world to sample

Manic, couple questions for you. What's your budget, how long are you looking to be away for (the full two weeks?), what kind of things do you like to do or have always wanted to do or interest you, and are you going alone? Might have some ideas for you depending on your answers.

jag

Finland!

LoL, no but seriously were you wanting to travel out of the country or stay within the US? How much money are you looking to spend?

Come to Liverpool. Home of the world famous Lambanana.

1894729661_47c8a3d647_m.jpg

you know you want to.

I've omitted all European trips from my ramblings. Curse you economy. :csad:
Its great for us Europeans because now America is like Super cheap. When I was in Miami a few months ago the exchange rated made me feel like I was rich!

Come to Liverpool. Home of the world famous Lambanana.

1894729661_47c8a3d647_m.jpg

you know you want to.
Hey Liverpool is the European capital of Culture for 2008 although so was Glasgow thus nullifying any creditbility the title brings

Hey Liverpool is the European capital of Culture for 2008 although so was Glasgow thus nullifying any creditbility the title brings

like that title ever had any credibility, it's a load of pompous bulls**t.

I hear that the indepedent nation of Georgia is nice this time of year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"