PlayStation Move

Haha
I am starting to dig Move i might buy it but i am kinda mad that they don't have the navigation with the bundle

I might use the Dualshock in liu of the Navigator for a while, depending on how much money I have. I really wish Sony could have shaved $10 off of the price tags for the Move and Navigator though, so as to be more competitively priced with the Wii, at the very least the Move since I understand the Navigator is wireless unlike the Nunchuk.

BTW, check out the official Move lightgun shell. How is it that Sony has managed to make a gun shell that's more evocative of the classic NES zapper than Nintendo's own Wii Zapper?

r2omzk.jpg

I actually really dig the design. The color scheme looks very Super Famicom-ish, and the overall design aesthetic is very Flash Gordon / Buck Rogers looking. What's more, the trigger is not a cheap mechanical lever that physically pushes the trigger on the Move, the way gun shells on Wii work: this thing actually plugs into an expansion port on the Move itself, and the trigger is electronically wired to the Move so it feels like it should, rather than the mushy mess you get on Wii gun shells.

Im contemplating whether to get the Navigator myself. Depending on the reviews for Sports Champion, I might get the bundle, or even wait for possible Black Friday deals. Im glad at least 3 of the games I currently own will be getting Move support (RE5, LBP and Heavy Rain) so I'll check it out on them

Wait you can use the Dualshock as the navigator? that sounds uncomfortable

Wait you can use the Dualshock as the navigator? that sounds uncomfortable
The navigator is built to look like th left side of the DS3. Obviously the most ideal setup is to use the navigator but the DS3 will work as well. Ive tried holding that with just my left hand and it doesnt feel uncomfortable at all. That might change though when I actually try to use it in a game

I have another question. Does the navigator have any type of motion sensing in it? I see some games which use 2 Moves together, for example the sword and shield title they showed. Can the navigator be used to control the shield or do you need another Move to control your left hand in the game?

Each game that show two controllers being used (so far) have an option to switch to only one Move controller, so if you only have one, you are not SOL. As far as I know the Navigator has no motion sensors.

I saw a video where a guy swung the navigator to throw a grenade in SOCOM 4 though. I'm not sure if it does or not.

I don't think so. Here's the fact sheet from Sony:

PLAYSTATION®MOVE NAVIGATION CONTROLLER
PlayStation Move navigation controller is a supplementary controller, developed to further expand the experience that PlayStation Move games can offer. It can be used in most PlayStation Move games that require navigating an in-game character as it replicates the control features of the left side of DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS wireless controller into one’s PlayStation Move experience. PlayStation Move navigation controller adds an analog stick, directional buttons and two face buttons into the PlayStation Move’s control scheme. In addition, the navigation controller contains the L1 button, L2 button and L3 button for actions and commands common in advanced gaming.
Key features:
  • Wireless control completely untethered from PlayStation Move motion controller
  • Intuitive navigation of in-game characters
  • Easy and intuitive XMB™ menu navigation
  • Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
  • Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type A – Mini-B)
  • Sleek curved body design that easily pairs with the motion controller
Note: DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS wireless controller can be used in place of the navigation controller for all games that are compatible with the navigation controller.

While I'm not crazy over Sony and Microsoft jumping on the motion control bandwagon I do have to say that the Move looks 10x better then the Kinect, mainly because Sony is already marketing the Move to the hardcore as well as the casual.

The ONLY thing that sucks is the cost...I don't think it's consumer friendly. I wish the Navigator was about 19.99...that would go over better with me, more so because I'll have to buy 2 wands and 2 navigators because I tried holding the DS3 like some of you have said to do and I..well...hate it.

While I'm not crazy over Sony and Microsoft jumping on the motion control bandwagon I do have to say that the Move looks 10x better then the Kinect, mainly because Sony is already marketing the Move to the hardcore as well as the casual.

The ONLY thing that sucks is the cost...I don't think it's consumer friendly. I wish the Navigator was about 19.99...that would go over better with me, more so because I'll have to buy 2 wands and 2 navigators because I tried holding the DS3 like some of you have said to do and I..well...hate it.
and that is one of the major differences and why I think Move will be better. It is ALOT more versatile as it can be used in a wide margin of games. The type of titles for Kinect seem very limiting. Aside from racing games, I cant see it being implemented well into traditional hardcore games. MS certainly didnt show anything. All they seemed to focus on was the Wii shovelware type of stuff. While that will go over well with the moms and kids that they are marketing it for, the hardcore gamers wont benefit.

Move is reaching out to both type of gamers. They covered their bases with the expected party games and Wii-type titles, but they made sure to implement the control scheme into hardcore games. Already we know it will be used in Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, Killzone 3, and Socom 4. Those are all big name games. From what Ive heard, it acctually works surprisingly well. I predict alot of 1st party stuff on the horizon will support it. I wont be surprised if The Last Guardian will. Its also good that this technology has been out in the market with the Wii for the past 4 years bc developers have had a change to learn it and think of creative ways to implement it. Kinect is something that htey have to start from scratch with and the transition may not be as smooth. I think alot of devlopers liked what hte Wii brought to the table but avoided doing much with it bc 3rd games dont sell on it and the hardware's limitation prevented them from creating the type of games they wanted. I think the PS3 and Move is the solution to these issues that they had before and it will be interesting to see what we get out of it.

I think they need to drop the Wand to 39.99 and Navigator to 19.99 it would be reasonable

I think they need to drop the Wand to 39.99 and Navigator to 19.99 it would be reasonable
Its not going to happen. Sony can be stubborn with their prices. The PSP Go is still $249 (although it now comes with games), the Dualshock 3 still has a MSRP of $54.99, etc... I think the best bet is too look for sales. Amazon will most likely sell it for cheaper. Toys R Us sometimes has deals on gaming accesories in the fall. Im sure other retailers will as well. I wouldnt necesarily rush to buy it day one when it comes out. Theres also the chance of there being Black Friday specials on it

I posted something in the Kinect thread about how many can play it at once, and thought I'd post a related bit of info on Move. Not that it's surprising as it's probably what everyone expects. Move can only support up to 4 Move controllers or Navigations at once despite PS3 supporting up to 7 Bluetooth devices. So chances are (and again this is what I think most expected) 4 player games will support 4 Move controllers and no Nav's, and 2 players will support either both having 2 Move's each, or a Move each and a Nav each.

Not that I ever expected to have 4 player Move parties, but just thought I'd pass it on for those who might have been. Which I guess in a way despite being a lack of a feature is kind of a plus. For those worried for 4 player play they'd have to buy 4 Moves and 4 Navs it's been taken out of their hand as something to worry about price wise lol. At most you'd just need 4 Moves and 2 Nav's to get the absolute most out of all of the Moves possible combinations.

Here's a link that talks about it a bit -

http://gizmodo.com/5491464/playstation-move-gimps-4+player-support

Sony has just confirmed with us that PlayStation Move cannot support 4 players in its full configuration.

The complete experience of PlayStation Move requires two controllers per person, either two PlayStation Move wands or one wand and one sub (nunchuk-like) controller.

Four PlayStation Move controllers can connect to a PS3 at one time (or two PlayStation Move Controllers and 2 PlayStation Move sub-controllers).

i am sure in the future that Sony will fix that and it will support 4 players

Well it's a good thing that i already bought my camera a long time ago so i only need to get the controllers... and the games

i am sure in the future that Sony will fix that and it will support 4 players

Well it supports 4 players, just 4 players with a Move, not Move + Navigation. It's a limit of Blue Tooth. Blue Tooth only allows 8 connections I believe, well 7 + the host, and the PS3 is the host. So realistically it could have 3 players with a Move + Nav, and a 4th with just a Move, however to be fair I think they rounded it down to 4 Move's so every player will have the same control scheme.

Plus, from what I've seen, the party games won't need more than a single Move for 4 player multiplayer. Like that chicken blowing game. I can't imagine you needing a Navigation for that. For a 4 player kart games you'd just be better off using the regular Dual Shock. And I think 4 player split screen Killzone 3 would blow your PS3 up lol.

Not saying I don't agree that the option would be nice. I just don't see any games actually needing both the Move and Nav for 4 players that couldn't be handled with just a Move, or even better with a Dual Shock.

I think I read that the Navigator syncs to the Move controller, not the PS3 itself. Where you'd run into trouble is if you want to do a match of four player boxing, but that has plenty of other problems (namely, accidentally punching your friends for real).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"