• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Point Break Sequel

LMAO:woot:this is so random.....Haven't seen Swayze since Donnie Darko.

Didn't they already make a sequel, 2Fast 2Furious?

No need for Utah really since it'll probably take place in Austrailia. He'll probably start his whole thing out there again for one last rush. :)

Oh dear ...

Average film but that last five minute scene is fantastic .... leave him riding that last big wave.

Wow, Hollywoood is really scraping the barrel now when it comes to meaningless sequels and remakes

I haven't seen the first one in quite some time. Can someone remind me if Gary Busey's character lived or died in Point Break? The second will only be worth it if it has a Busey in it.

It's official: Hollywood has ran out of ideas. . . .

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38931

Surf's Up! Point Break 2 Closer to Filming
Source: ComingSoon.net October 31, 2007

ComingSoon.net learned at the American Film Market (AFM) today that shooting for Point Break 2 will begin mid-2008 in Southeast Asia. The sequel will be financed and executive produced by Singaporean company RGM Entertainment. It will be written and directed by Peter Iliff, who also wrote the first movie.

Point Break 2 picks up from where the original film left off more than 15 years ago. The story will revolve around an ex-professional surfer who enlists in the US Navy and is recruited to track down a criminal gang based in Southeast Asia. The audience will also discover the fate of Bodhi (Patrick Swayze), the surfers' charismatic leader who was swallowed by a giant killer wave in the final scene of Point Break. Did he really die?

The follow-up is budgeted at$20-30 million.

"I wrote 'Point Break' in 1987 when I was still a struggling writer waiting at tables in Malibu," Iliff said earlier this year, "'Point Break' was the turning point and it made my screen writing career. 20 years later, I'm thrilled to have been given the opportunity by RGM Entertainment to write the sequel and to make my directorial debut with 'Point Break 2.'"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38931

Surf's Up! Point Break 2 Closer to Filming
Source: ComingSoon.net
October 31, 2007

ComingSoon.net learned at the American Film Market (AFM) today that shooting for Point Break 2 will begin mid-2008 in Southeast Asia. The sequel will be financed and executive produced by Singaporean company RGM Entertainment. It will be written and directed by Peter Iliff, who also wrote the first movie.

Point Break 2 picks up from where the original film left off more than 15 years ago. The story will revolve around an ex-professional surfer who enlists in the US Navy and is recruited to track down a criminal gang based in Southeast Asia. The audience will also discover the fate of Bodhi (Patrick Swayze), the surfers' charismatic leader who was swallowed by a giant killer wave in the final scene of Point Break. Did he really die?

The follow-up is budgeted at$20-30 million.

"I wrote 'Point Break' in 1987 when I was still a struggling writer waiting at tables in Malibu," Iliff said earlier this year, "'Point Break' was the turning point and it made my screen writing career. 20 years later, I'm thrilled to have been given the opportunity by RGM Entertainment to write the sequel and to make my directorial debut with 'Point Break 2.'"

Dont we have another thread of this....

like, 2 post ahead of this one...?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44955

Jan de Bont Directing Point Break Sequel
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 13, 2008

Jan de Bont (Twister, Speed) is set to direct Point Break: Indo, says The Hollywood Reporter.

RGM Entertainment and Essential Entertainment will executive produce this Asia-based follow-up to director Kathryn Bigelow's 1991 original, which starred de Bont's Speed lead Keanu Reeves as an FBI agent casing a gang of surfer bank robbers. The new film will take place 20 years after the disappearance of one of the criminal surfers (Patrick Swayze).

Both the original and sequel are written by W. Peter Iliff. The trade says plot details and possible character reprises have not been disclosed, but the film will shoot in Singapore and Southeast Asia.

Taylor Morgan Pictures' Chris Taylor and John Morgan will produce. RGM's Devesh Chetty, Essential's Jere Hausfater and Neil Kaplan, and de Bont will executive produce.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44955

Jan de Bont Directing Point Break Sequel
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
May 13, 2008

Jan de Bont (Twister, Speed) is set to direct Point Break: Indo, says The Hollywood Reporter.

RGM Entertainment and Essential Entertainment will executive produce this Asia-based follow-up to director Kathryn Bigelow's 1991 original, which starred de Bont's Speed lead Keanu Reeves as an FBI agent casing a gang of surfer bank robbers. The new film will take place 20 years after the disappearance of one of the criminal surfers (Patrick Swayze).

Both the original and sequel are written by W. Peter Iliff. The trade says plot details and possible character reprises have not been disclosed, but the film will shoot in Singapore and Southeast Asia.

Taylor Morgan Pictures' Chris Taylor and John Morgan will produce. RGM's Devesh Chetty, Essential's Jere Hausfater and Neil Kaplan, and de Bont will executive produce.
Disappearance?
The man was wiped out!... wasn't he?:o

100% pure adrenaline!

why would anyone want to give this movie a sequel. particularly at this time.
this movie will suck without Keanu.

and besides... Swayze has cancer.

As someone who has spent some time in oncology, I can tell you that pancreatic cancer is as close to a medical death sentence as you can get. Don't get me wrong, I hope he beats it, but the odds are so overwhelmingly against him.

That being said, I wouldn't want Bodhi to ever be recovered or to pop up again. It ruins the phenomenal ending of the first movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"