Rambo: Last Blood

Gotham

Superhero
Reaction score
"I would like to take Rambo to another genre,experiment a little with the character. It would definitely not be another warmovie, cuz I can't go any further with that than what I've already done. What it's going to be like I'm not going to reveal at this point. But I'm already halfway though writing the manuscript".

Can Stallone even make another Rambo film?

Wasn't the fourth film's box-office return dismal?

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080310_stallone_halfway_through_writi.html

Yes, but it will proably turn a profit on DVD.

It cost $50 million to make and took in $90 million worldwide. Not quite a profit on just ticket sales since about half the goes to the theater. Only $42 million domestic, that's pretty bad.

Honestly I loved the 4th one and thought it closed the circle for the character. I think it should end with this one. BUT having said that I think that if he wanted, Sly could easily do a 5th one with the white supremacists kidnapping his daughter storyline that wasn't used in the 4th one.
Again, I don't think a 5th one is needed but if he does do it, I will be there on opening day.

Don´t know if I really want to see another one.

Slash Film said:
Rambo 5 to Film in Bulgaria?

John Rambo, stayin’ alive? Today on Screen Daily it was reported that Rambo 5 is scheduled to film in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia. Nu Boyana Studios, a substantive production house for Southeastern Europe, is building 10 new sound stages in the area, and apparently the next installment in the Sylvester Stallone war-vet franchise is booked first in line.

Since the January release of the fourth Rambo, the best hardcore action film in a while (10/10), Stallone has waffled considerably on whether a Rambo 5 will happen. He’s hinted that he hopes to take the character into a “slightly different genre,” leaving many fans to speculate sci-fi or a more comic bookish approach, only to deaden those rumors. Recently he’s reverted back to the “new genre” line, amidst yet more rumors of making Cliffhanger 2: The Dam. Exhausted yet?

Harvey Weinstein was quick to announce his hunger for a follow-up to Rambo, but if the sequel will indeed film in Bulgaria, that would go against his and fans’ desire to see Rambo return to America. I’d rather see a 5 than Sly’s planned Death Wish remake or, especially, Cliffhanger 2, and I think the sentiment will catch on more once the flick hits DVD. More on this if/when it develops.

I liked the fourth film. About a fifth? I don't know.

Fourth felt like a good way to end the series, fifth is pushin it imo

I'm glad he's taking advantage of the shape he's in now to do one more. I really wish or hope it's in the US again taking it back full circle to the first film and closing out the series. I liked the White Supremicist storyline where they kidnap his adopted Muslim kid. I guess they threw that out the window.

Hmm. I love all four films. But I don't know about this fifth. If it's as good as the previous ones I'll take it.

I guess we won't be seeing Rambo vs. Aliens vs. Predator. :oldrazz:

Rambo 5 cool, if for no other reason the last film won't confusingly be called Rambo.

I think I'd like this film to be set in America. Sly has done the far east.
A cool idea would be him going after some punks who burn his fathers home to the ground and kill him.

Yes, but it will proably turn a profit on DVD.

It cost $50 million to make and took in $90 million worldwide. Not quite a profit on just ticket sales since about half the goes to the theater. Only $42 million domestic, that's pretty bad.

:huh:

Domestic: $42,638,658 42.1%
+ Foreign: $58,567,451 57.9%
= Worldwide: $101,206,109

Domestic Total as of Mar. 18, 2008: $42,638,658
Distributor: Lionsgate Release Date: January 25, 2008
Genre: Action Running Time: 1 hrs. 33 min.
MPAA Rating: R Production Budget: $50 million

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=rambo08.htm

I'd like to see Rambo in a town/city...much like the first.

Rambo's conclusion was a good way to put the series to rest and end on a high note. But I would probably check out another one if/when it ever gets made. And I have to agree with the consensus that would prefer 'Part 5' to be set back in America this time around.

Oh God I hope not. Rambo needs to be left to rest in peace. And if he even thinks of doing a Rocky 7 I swear I'll have to murder somebody.

I thought Rambo 4 was excellent. I could accept a rambo five but it has to be taken in a different direction . they need to end it after five though.

I'm glad he's taking advantage of the shape he's in now to do one more. I really wish or hope it's in the US again taking it back full circle to the first film and closing out the series. I liked the White Supremicist storyline where they kidnap his adopted Muslim kid. I guess they threw that out the window.

Shouldn't Rambo have been a fugitive of justice after the events in the first movie were he killed all those cops or was he somehow cleared of those charges? If not he would be arrested once he ever set foot back in the USA. That would be a good starting point for a final Rambo movie, were people are out to capture him & bring him back to the USA to face charges but he won't go without a fight etc.

No, it won't be called 'Rambo 5', considering the franchises lame titles like: 'First Blood', 'Rambo: First Blood Part 2', 'Rambo 3' and 'Rambo', this one will probably be called 'Rambo: First Blood' or some crap like that. I like that poster though.

Shouldn't Rambo have been a fugitive of justice after the events in the first movie were he killed all those cops or was he somehow cleared of those charges? If not he would be arrested once he ever set foot back in the USA. That would be a good starting point for a final Rambo movie, were people are out to capture him & bring him back to the USA to face charges but he won't go without a fight etc.

Nope. In Rambo: First Blood 2 remember Trautman offered him a deal to get out of prison to go back to 'Nam and find proof of POW's. So nope he's not wanted by anyone. A war movie doesn't make sense anymore and they could film it in Bulgaria and it could take place here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"