Poison Ivy Casting Thread

Way too young. I wouldn't consider anyone under mid-thirties.

I think they could definitely have some of the villains be younger than their 30s. In-universe they could easily explain it by saying some of these villains didn't show up until the second decade of Batman's existence in Gotham. I think it's believable that some villains (Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, etc) have been around for closer to 20 years, while others (Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Man-Bat) haven't been around for as long because the technology required to turn them into villains is a more recent invention.

Margot Robbie is 26 (and so I'm guessing in-universe Harley Quinn is around the same age), and she killed it in SS.
Let's say Harleen Quinzel is a child when the Joker first appears, so by the time she's graduated college and working at Arkham he's been around for about a decade. She then becomes Harley Quinn and is around for another 5-10 years (5 if we're placing SS this year, ~10 if it happens slightly in the future). Even a couple years in Gotham is enough to build notoriety as well as a repertoire with Batman.
For me it's much more about the talent of the actor playing the character than their actual age, because the age of their character can be interpretive.

While I agree that not all Batman villains should be old enough to make them appear as if they were in Gotham from the start of his crusade, it was actually her dynamic with Harley Quinn I primarily had in mind. Robbie's Harley covers the ground of being young, sexualized and erratic, so I think Ivy should be anything but. It is a much more interesting relationship to me if Ivy seems more experienced, mature and level-headed (though still fanatical when it comes to her radical environmentalism) than to have them appear as sorority sisters.

Last edited:
Eva Green.

Pike, Chastain and Blunt would be really good too but I'm desperate to see Eva in DCCU.

Eva has more of a Selina Kyle type look to her I would go with Chastain

Because she's a redhead with big kitty. I mean...

While I agree that not all Batman villains should be old enough to make them appear as if they were in Gotham from the start of his crusade, it was actually her dynamic with Harley Quinn I primarily had in mind. Robbie's Harley covers the ground of being young, sexualized and erratic, so I think Ivy should be anything but. It is a much more interesting relationship to me if Ivy seems more experienced, mature and level-headed (though still fanatical when it comes to her radical environmentalism) than to have them appear as sorority sisters.

Perfect way to put it. And it needs to be that way, otherwise you're just robbing Ivy of her substance and making her annoying (ala the Gotham TV series thus far).

And no, no, no to the Christina Hendricks suggestion. I like her but she would be horrible here. HORRIBLE. Eva Green and Jessica Chastain are far more competent choices as they actually have range. Something Hendricks is somewhat lacking.

Recently I catched this romantic drama called 5 to 7 - it's really good btw but wow I was shocked how good Berenice Marlohe is in that movie. She was quite meh in Skyfall but now I'd love to see her in DCCU.

Chastain would be a much better Catwoman. Her red hair blinds people.

I think Chastain would be more naturally suited to Ivy. She can look sexy but she also has that girl next door, nerdy girl thing about her that Pamela Isley was before she became Poison Ivy.

Yeah, I'm not believing this.

Then again, Ayer seems to have a thing for sexualizing female characters.

I'd be interested in seeing Elena Satine as Poison Ivy

at risk of being bashed can i say thumbs down to Megan Fox.

Trust me, you're not going to get any bashing from saying that. There are very few people who would actually want Megan Fox as Poison Ivy.

Plus, if Ayer really went that route, I gotta imagine Ben would step in and call b.s.

I remember after Transformers came out and Megan Fox became the new It Girl, horny fanatics would fancast her for nearly every female comic role that needed to be cast. Especially Wonder Woman. Even after Fox showed that she had no respect for the character, people wanted her for the role.

Fox is COMPLETELY wrong for this role, in fact, any female character role in the DCEU.

Please keep Megan Fox away from Poison Ivy or any DCEU movie!

Also while I like Christina Hendricks on Mad Men, I don't think she would make a good Ivy.

My top choice right now is Evan Rachel Wood, followed by Gemma Arterton.

Gemma would be just delightful <3

After remembering Evan Rachel Wood was vampire queen on true blood i can see why she has been suggested for poison Ivy.

I think we can all agree that the most important thing is that Ivy is played by an actress who has red hair or who usually dyes her hair red.

I'd like to expand on what I said earlier about Ivy appearing as most mature (and definitely older than Harley) and least sexualized of the three. I think that is a necessary trait for there to be an interesting dynamic between the characters.

Harley is young and erratic (and in DCEU more sexualized than the classic version of the character), Catwoman can be approached as either carefree or cynical, but she is usually a very lively character with strong sex appeal (that has always been a part of her), so I think that Ivy should be depicted as most level-headed and least of an "eye candy" of the three. They should tone down the seductress part and instead focus on her as eco-terrorist, with a mean streak and strong devotion to her cause.

At least, that's how I would approach it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"